“Great No Frill Diving”
Review of Sun Divers Negril

Sun Divers Negril
More attraction details
Owner description: Come scuba dive, relax and see all the marine life of Jamaica Negril. Jamaica Scuba Diving at its best off the beaches of Negril Jamaica. Imagine yourself in Jamaica as you look out you see blue mountains, long sandy beaches, world-class golf courses, cooling waterfalls and clifftop bars. The sounds of reggae music fill your ears and the smells of tasty Jamaican food dance on your taste buds. All of this with friendly faces and lots of fun. Jamaica has it all! We haven't even begun to talk about the water activities and marine life you will see. What better place to experience Jamaica, but in Negril where you will find a paradise for diving and watersports. Not to mention seven-mile beaches that stretch to touch the horizon, and sunsets that get applause. Come and enjoy a 'kick-off-your shoes, shrug-off-your blues' way of life.
Reviewed 28 December 2015

Easy going staff.

For years I have not really read anything great about Jamaican diving, so for years I dived other Caribbean destinations (St Kitts, Curacao, Aruba, Turks & Caicos, Cozumel, Playa del Carmen, Belize, Florida Keys, Bahamas, Dominican Republic, etc.) There was no need for me to stay away. Jamaican diving was on par with typical Caribbean diving. Not as many fish (though there were plenty to see), but WAY more color in the reef than I am used to.

Throne Room was my favorite dive.

If you're flexible with time, don't mind back rolling in, and carry your own water and snacks, and are okay with a 40min underwater time limit (unless of course others run out of air before you do), then you will have no worries with Sun Divers.

Latoya (office) was pretty good with responding to emails.
Pinky's (divemaster) underwater pacing was just right.
Myron (dive instructor) was hilarious, though I did not really get to dive with him.
Pogo (captain) you fix that ladder yet?

1  Thank PhD4Yah

Reviewed 6 July 2015

I went out with these guys on their daily 9:30 two tank dive which was $110 USD including gear. All the gear was in decent condition but didn't have a dive computer. I email the dive shop in advance and made a reservation. The dive shop is located at the Travelers Beach Resort where I was staying, so it was very convenient. The dive shop and wooden boat are very basic, but perfectly functional. Their were two dive masters on the boat who were friendly and professional. Their were only 2 other divers with me on this day which made everything go smooth and fast. The boat ride to the dive spots was only about 15 minutes. The dive spots were at the sands club reef and the dives were about 60ft deep. It wasn't spectacular diving, but it was nice to get into the warm Caribbean water. I enjoyed my diving with these guys and would use the again.

1  Thank Danimal2007
Reviewed 19 February 2015

I did my first ocean dive with Sun Divers (Kurt Bradley) after being certified in MN. I spent some time on the boat the previous November. The dive master knew I was nervous. He held my arms, looked right at me with the look that said "trust me" and I descended like a pro. Best experience ever. Have gone back twice since and each time, if a diver was having any issue he caught it and helped. Don't expect a first class boat, but who needs that when you have great dive masters.

1  Thank Nancy B
Reviewed 10 January 2015

Booked a 2 tank dive with Sun Divers. The team was nice and friendly plus they provided complimentary pick up from hotel. They have a small boat so I would recommend making reservations before you arrive in Jamaica. During the dive, the DM's pointed out interesting things to observe. I used my own gear but their rental gear looked decent.

I would recommend you bring snacks/water during the surface interval since they do not supply.

Next time I'm in Negril. I would dive with the team again.

2  Thank djhenryhall