“Daughters Destination Wedding”

GreenLeadersGold level
Malden, Massachusetts
“Daughters Destination Wedding”
Reviewed 19 October 2010

We went to Beaches Negril with a group of 22 people. The group included 20 adults from early 20's thru mid 50's & 2 children, ages 4 & 16 months. We had an amazing vacation. I really cant say anthing bad about the resort or our trip,. The only problem that we ran into was our rooms were not ready when we arrived. We arrived at the resort in the mid afternoon. We were told that our rooms were not quite ready yet but we were asked to go get something to eat & when we returned our rooms would be ready so we did. We went thru the resort & found a place that we wanted to get a bite. We had lunch & when we returned our rooms were ready. The bellhop took us & our luggage to our rooms. The rooms were nicely furnished & clean.

We ate at the buffett & restaurants. We found the food to be very good. No complaints about the food at all. The waiters & waitresses are great. Very attentive & remember everyones names. They would come up to our table everytime & talk to the 2 little ones that were with us. Very nice people. The children loved seeing Sesame Street on a daily basis.

The grounds are kept very clean. The pools, lazy river & water slide were great.

My daughters wedding was absoultley amazing. Her pictures are breathtaking. They did a wonderful job with the rehersal dinner, reception, ceremony. Everything was absolutley beautiful. She has her beautiful pictures & video to look back on. She never would have got the beautiful pictures that she has if she did not do a destination wedding.

• Stayed October 2010
4 Thank frnccbr
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,226)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Parkton, Maryland
Reviewed 15 October 2010

We choose to vacation at the Beaches Negril because we had a 3 year old and wanted him to be entertained. We've been to many other all-inclusive resorts, but never with a child. The rooms were just okay, nothing fancy. The entertainment for the kids was great, but we showed up for programs and they were canceled or late.Don't miss the parade!!

I've never really left my child at a day care or any other type of child care so we were nervous but the ladies were nice. We let him decide if he wanted to go back and he did not, so we only used it one day. The beach was pretty, no waves and always beach toys for the little guy to play with.

The restaurants were fine. We liked the Tex Mex place the best and the Hibachi restaurant was fun.

I wouldn't go back. I would like to go to something more upscale and it was pretty difficult to get here from the airport. It was a long drive and very windy road. I've heard the Turks and Caicos Beaches is nicer.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank 2redheadsmd
Herndon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 October 2010

We just got back from Beaches Negril, and out of 26 people, 12 got sick. This was not are 1st time here we were there in 2002 and the quality has went DOWNHILL to being a place I never wish to visit again. This was our 3 visit to Jamaica itself and we never got sick while there or when we came home UNTIL NOW. My daugther & her husband had to seek medical assistance during our stay. They had to call in a Dr. and my daughter had to receive an IV with 3 liter's of fluid. Out of 8 days they only enjoyed the 1st 2 days. Most of our group had to eat Imodium AD like candy or you couldn't leave the room. We had to beg for water to be refilled in our fridge, which is suppose to be done daily. Many of us were "Signature Members" which means NOTHING. The management is terrible and they out right promise you things and pull a BAIT & SWITCH. They tell you they will take care of things and DON'T. My son got married and they didn't even set enough chairs up so my daughter & son-in-law & 2 Granddaughters 2 & 5 yrs old didn't have a place to sit, until I complained to (Simone the " Wedding Planner '). Simone had it written in her notes that I had a shrimp allergy and of course they served me a dinner with shrimp in it. The cake was wrong too. The Bride & Groom requested vanilla. So you guessed it, they served a chocolate cake. Then when the Bride & Groom had there special dinner that is included the waitress show them a $248 bottle of Champagne and my son told her no thanks, she ends up charging it to him anyway. He never had the bottle placed on the table so he had no idea what Champagne he was drinking. When checkout time came the waitress had to come into a meeting with the Manager of the resort, and she claims my Son said that "money is no problem" when he supposely ordered this bottle of Champagne at an "All-inclusive Resort ". So if you are planning a Wedding in the future unless you don't mind having things be not what you selected I recommend you seeking another company other than Beaches or Sandals Corp. I wish I didn't have to write this bad review but everything I wrote is the truth of our experience. None of the 26 will ever go back to Beaches Negril. And if you are thinking you have little kids like my Granddaughter Kaydia who is 2 and loves Elmo, think again. We even went to the Character Breakfast that you have to pay extra for $45 per person, we did not get one picture of Kaydia & Elmo (her favorite Sesame Street Character) because Elmo wasn't there. So Travelers be warned this place needs to work on treating there quests better and most importantly we all believe we got sick from something we eat or drank while at this resort. Some people in our group who were well enough went on a excursion and they had all the same observations & experience with sickness right down to someone in there group needing an IV as well. I wonder how many other people got sick???? According the my cousin she spoke to the GM of the Resort & he told her 50 of his workers were out sick???? When I read reviews before our trip, I didn't want to read the bad ones, but I never dreamed I would be one to write one.

• Stayed October 2010
6 Thank BabalouBrown
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 8 October 2010

This resort is by far nothing more than pure fradulent went it comes to what they promise and then what they deliver. Upon check in to upon leaving we indured nothing but bait & switch tactics. Our concierge service was a total and complete JOKE! We would have to call 3 & 4 times a day to get our refrigerator stocked and then what we requested still wasn't delivered. We had a dinner for 8 set up for the beach (2 of whom were children) there was absolutely no food or drink for the kids and had only 1 bottle of champagne for the other 6 of us. The meal itself was good but it took our server 25-35 minutes between courses to bring out our food. Two of the men in our party had to return to our rooms to get us drinks and the mother of the children had to go to the buffet in order to get the kids something for them to eat. To top it off, they first quoted us a price of $350 for the 6 of us and children being free. Only to find out upon check-out they charged us $620.00 for this dinner. We spent 4 days complaining to management regarding our complaints and their bait & switch tactics of saying one thing and then charging us for another with absolutely getting us nowhere. Needless to say, our credit card company is now in the process of disputing all these charges. We were also given a complimentary spa credit for our booking and this too they charged us for. The electricity was continually going on and off during the last 4 days of our stay due to a tropical storm. Half of the resort was without power completely and the only restuarant serving food was the Mill Buffet. Food there left a lot to be desired also. The day care center was closed due to the power outages also. At times we had little or no running water and the maid service totally sucked with one full day of not even getting maid service PERIOD! We had to go to the main desk and complain and to pick up clean towels and toilet paper. That's totally ridiculous when you pay that kind of money in an upgraded suite. Things were taken from our room, such as cigarettes and prescription medications and friends of ours also had the same problem as we did only they lost $80.00 in cash too. Make sure you lock everything up in your safe as nothing is safe at this resort. Our air-conditioner constantly leaked which made the floors very slippery. We felt extremely bad for the friends we were with as they were married at this resort on this trip. The wedding planner Simone litterally did nothing right from the dinner on the beach, to getting the bride her wedding flowers, to showing her the wedding album she would receive only to find out it was totally tacky and not the one she was originally shown. (After complaining, all other management knew of the wedding album we had described but Simone insisted we were dillusional) unbelievable and rude treatment by this resort. Only 1 manager we spoke with concerning all of our complaints truly tried to do something to rectify the way we were treated on this trip and that was Andrae. He himself even said that he seen the original beach dinner arrangements with the price of $50.00 a person on it and told us the day of our departure that Simone had changed it to $70.00 a person in her handwriting. Unbelievable...he even told us all to dispute our entire bill as the rest of the management at this resort were not one bit sympathetic at all about our complaints. You shouldn't have to spend your entire vacation complaining to management about what you paid for and what they want you to pay. There was absolutely no give or take on their end whatsoever. They were right, and we were to suffer cause it was always just there word against our word. GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING OR YOU TOO WILL BE SCREWED LIKE WE WERE!!!!!!Our departure too was a joke...it took over and hour and a half to have our luggage picked up from our room and we nearly missed our ride back to the airport. We absolutely will never return to this resort. NEVER, EVER, EVER AGAIN!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
7 Thank jamste
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 October 2010

Words can't express my disapointment in my recent vacation. The weather was aweful which can't be blamed on the resort, but everything else I am about to detail can. My husband and I went to get scuba certified, taking our 2 and 1 year old children with us. The first night there lightning hit a tree 100 feet from our room. Lightning also hit the generator which resulted in our side of the resort loosing power. We were without power for 1.5 days the first time and 3 hours the second. Because it was raining, none of the kids activities promised in the bulletin took place, not even visits from the Sesame Street characters. You need to know that in a resort like this, when it rains, NOTHING goes on. They closed the pool because the rain threw the chemicals off. They closed all water sports, and many performances. Many of the hotel workers could not get into the resort due to flooding. Several TONS of marine life including seaweed, starfish, fish, crabs, and lobsters were thrown up on the beach. How novel until they all started to rot a day later. Bulldozers and bobcats were on the beach the entire time we were there. Our bathroom was infested with ants. The food was just a little worse that a Carnival cruise. By that I mean pretty deserts that don't taste very good. The grounds became very dangerous, most of the public areas are marble and tile which made it very slick to walk on in the rain. My husband and I both slipped. Also, parts of the pavement flooded. We are still in negotiations with the resort to see if we can get credit for some of the miserable nights we stayed there. We cut our trip short by 6 days.
On the up side, the staff was friendly and we got great sleep because there was nothing else to do.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank Desiree77
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
4.7 km away
3.2 km away
Couples Negril
Couples Negril
#8 of 81 in Negril

Been to Beaches Negril Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK