Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Jennifer R

Great Sunset views

Review of Sandals Negril
3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 15 Jun 2024
Luxury Car Transfer with Island Routes
As we always do, we reserved a Round-trip Luxury Car Transfer to and from the airport in Montego Bay using the services of Island Routes. The 2-hour drive to the resort was a bit uncomfortable due to the bad road conditions. The drive back to the airport was better. We enjoyed the conversations with our driver, Robert G. He was very knowledgeable about the Sandals brand and sold me on the idea of booking our next vacation at South Coast.

Our Room at the Resort
Our room was in the Palm Grove building. This is the building at the far end of the resort closest to water sports. This seems to be the oldest building and could use some upgrades. Upon check-in we noticed the AC was not working and requested to be moved to a different room. Our butler said he could send maintenance by to look at it. Two guys stopped by but said they would need to come back tomorrow with someone else to fix it. We again asked to be moved to a different room, our butler offered a fan instead. We agreed to accept the compromise for the first night. The AC was fixed the next morning so we stayed in the same room for the entire stay. The room had two ceiling fans but I was only able to find two settings. The fan was either on (at a low speed) or off. We loved the large balcony. It was perfect for drinking coffee in the morning and people watching.

Butlers
Things started off a bit slow. We arrived at the property and were not greeted by anyone offering a cold towel or beverage (something we have always been offered at other properties).
We were escorted upstairs to the Club Sandals lounge and asked to wait for our room. We waited there for probably 15 minutes before our butler, Felix, showed and escorted us around the property and eventually to our room. He appeared to be in a hurry and rushed us along. He suggested two choices for our first meal on property. Order room service or he would see about getting us a table at Bayside. Neither of our butlers were good about meeting us at the room and escorting us to dinner. We usually ended up meeting them outside the restaurant. Our butlers, Felix and Del Roy, were great at getting our special lunch requests to the chef each day. They really delivered on the Coconut Shrimp and Alfredo Pizzas. They were also good with reserving us a spot on the beach every day and providing a small ice chest stocked with waters and Red Stripe. The butler phone that we were given was always giving us problems. Most of the time we could not hear the butler on the other end.

Restaurant and Bar Service
For the most part, our time at the resort was very nice and we met and made many new friends. Rochelle, Daniel, Toni Ann, & Miguel at Brava were exceptional. We chose to dine at Brava most nights. We enjoyed a couple of good meals at Sundowner. Shamarr was a life saver and always on time with water refills. We also enjoyed our meal at Kimonos. The bar staff at the swim-up bar and lobby bar were mostly great – Fiona, Tevin, Marilyn – thank you for the great service and drinks. Maurice should take lessons from them when it comes to taking care of guests and making drinks. My husband’s drink of choice was Appleton 12 year on the rocks. A few times they tried to mix it with water and we had to refuse the drink. A lot of times he was offered Appleton 8 year because they were out of 12 year a lot. I tried a few different drinks. I do not recommend asking for a margarita. The Fuzzy Cosmo, the Absolut Vanilla and Cran, and White Sangria was usually a good choice. Fiona and Miguel made a few ‘special’ drinks for me that were also good choices. Most of the restaurants are open air. Open air restaurants in the month of May are not very comfortable for the guests that choose to dress up for a night out. Most of the open-air restaurants have fans that don’t do a great job at cooling. This property offered two restaurants that had indoor dining with A/C – the Sundowner and Kimonos.

The beach
Our mornings were spent on the beach. We took a daily walk up and down the beach. We were very excited about the long beach. Most of the properties we have visited haven’t had much of a beach for long walks. Security team was good at watching out for our safety. Be prepared for all the locals that stroll up and down the beach selling many things from hats, tours, pharmaceuticals, jewelry, shells, etc. The sand was not sugar soft. You must be careful when walking; making sure to steer clear of the rocks and shells. We did not spend much time on the beach due to the heat and humidity.

The main pool with swim-up bar
We would usually abandon our spot on the beach around 1030 everyday to grab our spot in the pool. We enjoyed the trivia games and bingo hosted by the playmakers. They seem like a good crew – Tommy, Prince, Odane, Briana, Ashlee. I would like to see things change with the way they give guests prizes for the games. We were told to stop by the entertainment office on our last day to see if we won anything. The entertainment office was not open at the time we left for the airport so we missed out.

Photo Shop
The photographer, Kayron, went above and beyond. He is truly great at his job. It has been a few vacations since we have come across a photographer as good as Kayron. Thanks for helping us capture the memories. The Snapshots agent in the shop could use a bit of training. She was not very good at explaining the packages. We had over 300 photos taken of us. We were offered a package of all images for just under $1000 or 100 photos in a book for $600. It wasn’t explained that the book could hold 200 photos. We only learned that fact after we had reduced our image count down to 113. There was no attempt to sale us on 200 images in a book. We also had to work directly with the agent on what photos we wanted. In the past, the Snapshots agents have always given us the ability to go through the pictures by ourselves – selecting the ones we wanted and allowing us to go at our own pace. Lastly, I mentioned being an emerald guest and requesting my discount, I do not believe I was given my discount.

Problems and Inconveniences
Our most recent vacation started on 5/20/24 and ended on 5/30/24. We chose Sandals Negril as our ‘Free Week’ vacation spot. We like a 10-day vacation, so we added 3 extra days to our stay. I do not recommend doing this. It was a challenge. When checking-in on the Sandals website prior to arrival, I experienced problems. Problems that required I make contact with Sandals. I believed they had fixed the issue, but soon learned they did not. When we arrived on property, no one was aware of our 10-day booking. It seems no one was smart enough to put the two bookings together. A few days prior to the end of the 7-day stay, we were approached by one of our butlers who was unaware of our departure date. I explained to him the booking we had made. He assured me he would get it straightened out. He called the front desk immediately and found that reservations had my stay properly documented, but the front desk did not. On the morning of the 7th day, we were approached by housekeeping wanting to know what time we would be checking out of the room. I again informed them of our split stay and the day we would be departing. On the day prior to our final day, I visited the Loyalty and Travel office. They also seemed to be a bit surprised. The Loyalty agent (I did not get her name) was rather rude and helped me reach the decision to not waste any of my time at the resort in their offices discussing a future booking. I was simply trying to get my free T-Shirts and was made to feel unwelcome.
Two additional experiences I had that made me feel unwelcomed were with the resort shop and with a cabana butler. I stopped in at the resort shop to purchase band-aids. I asked for my emerald discount and was told they could not give me the discount on that purchase. I asked for the purchase to be put on my room and was told they could not do that either. I was forced to go back to my room to get cash and then return to the shop to pay for the item. My dealings with the cabana butler (Orlando) made me very mad. I noticed he had menus for the restaurants and as I was not familiar with the restaurants or the lunch choices I asked if I could look at the menus. He let me take at glance at one, but quickly let me know that I could not order anything since I was not a cabana guest. I never expected to place an order with him. I was planning on asking my butler to get me something but given the greeting I received during the brief interaction with Orlando made me change my mind.

Will we return for another visit? Jury is still out ….
Date of stay: May 2024
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
3.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Shawn Redhead, Owner at Sandals Negril, responded to this review
Responded 4 weeks ago
Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback regarding your recent stay at Sandals Negril. We appreciate the time you took to provide us with both the positive aspects and areas where we can improve. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the luxury car transfer service with Island Routes and had a delightful conversation with your driver. It’s wonderful to know that our team’s knowledge about the Sandals brand has inspired you to consider booking your next vacation at South Coast.

Regarding your accommodation in the Palm Grove building, we apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the air conditioning and the initial delay in resolving this issue. Your comfort is our priority, and we regret that the room did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback about the building's condition and will certainly consider your comments for future upgrades. We are sorry to hear that the butler service did not meet your expectations, particularly upon your arrival and during your stay. We strive to provide a seamless and welcoming experience for all our guests, and it’s clear that we fell short in this instance. Rest assured, your comments will be reviewed to ensure improvements in our service delivery.

Thank you for your kind words about our restaurant and bar staff. We are delighted that you enjoyed dining at Brava and other establishments, and that certain team members made a positive impact on your experience. We apologize for the inconsistencies you faced with drink preferences and availability, and we will address these concerns with our team to enhance our beverage service. We are also glad that you enjoyed the beach walks and felt secure with our team, though we understand the challenge posed by the local vendors. Please know that beaches in the Caribbean are public by law, therefore no entity has the authority to prevent anyone from access same.

Your feedback about the pool activities and the prize collection process is valuable, and we will explore how to make this process more guest-friendly. We also appreciate your positive remarks about our photographer and will take steps to enhance the training of our Snapshots agents. We regret the complications you faced with your booking and the lack of coordination between different departments. This is not the seamless experience we strive for, and we apologize for any frustration caused. We will review our procedures to prevent such issues in the future.

Finally, we are sorry to hear about your experiences with the resort shop and the cabana butler. Your feedback highlights areas for us to improve our guest interactions and service consistency. Thank you once again for your comprehensive review. We hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to provide you with the exceptional vacation experience that Sandals is known for.
₹19,148
    ₹12,974
4.4 km from Sandals Negril
View more hotels in Negril
11,120 results
All reviews butler service piano bar cucina romana bayside restaurant paradise building crystal lagoon big papa butler suite club level our honeymoon water sports candlelight dinner red lane spa main pool italian restaurant beach chairs dive shop
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 June 2024 via mobile

I really enjoy the pool and entertainment. Some games are the same as last visit l, but the team has tried to mix up the “name that tune” set list. This is always fun.

King James has an infectious energy that demands you to have fun. I always love Sandals and the people. Jamaica was eager to welcome people after Covid when we came. You could genuinely tell the staff was elated we were there. Odane and Briana have this appreciation for guests that we love.

I will say that I can see some of that appreciation of the tourists has slid. Can’t put my finger on it (nothing formal from any staff). It’s as if you can see the pressure management is placing on some staff.. I appreciate the drive to be the best. Between using the stick or the carrot, there might be too much stick. (Withholding a star for this to improve)

Keron is a fantastic photographer and is also always driving fun moments for you and your spouse. It is people like King James and Keron that keep us returning. There is still magic here. I highly recommend it for a safe place for R&R.

I want to add that I a nice conversation with Glenville about love and relationships that was touching. I know nothing about his job here, one of the concierge for club level…. Yet he took a moment to impart a nice message for me and my wife. If you don’t like Jamaica you need to shift your perspective…. Happiness is a state of mind. I hope you find yours here.

Room tip: Anticipate the bug season with some form of spray / bite stick.
Date of stay: June 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark V
Shawn Redhead, Owner at Sandals Negril, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at Sandals Negril. We are delighted to hear that you found our staff exceptionally helpful and kind. It is gratifying to know that Leon and Dillon made such a positive impact on your trip through the snuba adventure and private party boat to the Caves. We are also pleased that you enjoyed the balance between our relaxing atmosphere and the fun shows and activities we offer. Meeting new friends and planning future trips together adds to the memorable experiences we strive to create for our guests. Regarding your comments on the pricing, we appreciate your feedback. While our aim is to provide a seamless and all-inclusive experience, we understand that value for money is important. Your insights will help us continue to refine our offerings and ensure our guests feel they are receiving exceptional value. Thank you once again for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sandals Negril for another unforgettable stay.

Reviewed 15 June 2024 via mobile

What an incredible time we had this past week in Negril!! The accommodations are wonderful. So relaxing and a special shout-out to our favorite entertainers- Tommi, Brii, Martel, King James and all the others who work so hard and were so much fun. Our group was all theater working folks so we really appreciated the talent and hospitality.

Also shout-out to our boat mates who gave us a private boat tour up to Rick's Cafe - Captain Gary "mudslide", Kevin "little" Hart, and Jason.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Shawn Redhead, Owner at Sandals Negril, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your wonderful review of Sandals Negril! We are thrilled to hear that you had an incredible time and found our accommodations to be relaxing. It is especially gratifying to know that our entertainment team made such a positive impression on you and your group. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional talent and hospitality, and it is rewarding to see that our efforts were appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back for another unforgettable stay in the future.

Reviewed 15 June 2024

This was such an amazing time at sandals Negril we went to the retro show, and it was absolutely amazing. We met odane from earlier, which was immensely precious to us, and we saw him perform live and he was phenomenal. Just want to say sandals you got a good thing going on keep up the good work with his young talent and trust me they’ll be amazing stars one day

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at Sandals Negril. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the retro show and found the performances phenomenal. It is always heartwarming to know that our guests appreciate the talent and dedication of our team. Your kind words and encouragement mean a lot to us, and we will continue to support and nurture the talents of our staff. We are committed to providing exceptional experiences and creating lasting memories for our guests. Thank you once more for your kind words and for choosing Sandals Negril. We look forward to welcoming you back for another amazing stay.

Reviewed 15 June 2024

This was such an amazing trip! The resort is such a friendly place. I made so many friends. I made friends with Tevin one night and ended up making sure I hung out with him every night! He is so friendly and he took amazing care of us at my sisters wedding and anytime I was around him. Romeo was helping Devin and he was very friendly and helpful as well. Tommy the entertainer and crazy Jeffery the camera man made our trip so much more enjoyable as well! Sandia put on my sisters wedding and did an absolutely amazing job everything was perfect! Miss Theresa was our house keeping lady and she kept our room spotless every day and was soo friendly! Overall loved my trip, did not want to come home! There are so many names I can’t remember just know they all deserve a massive raise! Will def be back! You have a great crew. We miss Tevin already here at home and hope to see him here one day!

Room tip: Bring electrolyte packets if you’re planning to enjoy the free drinks!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Sandals Dunn's River. We are delighted to hear that you had a great time during your stay. Our team works tirelessly to ensure every aspect of your visit meets your expectations, from exceptional service to delicious dining options and stunning views. Your recommendation for a grown-ups only getaway is greatly appreciated, and we look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay.

Reviewed 15 June 2024

We love Sandals resorts! Food and people have always been excellent in Jamaica! Only disappointment with Sandals Negril was staff wasn’t as friendly as Montego Bay or Royal Caribbean from previous stays. I don’t need anything extra to enjoy my stay, but staff there seem unhappy and/or overworked.

Ki-Shaun on the other hand, with beach/pool entertainment, was fantastic! Everyday said hello and showed an interest in you being there. Even sat and had a real conversation with us. He is an excellent Sandals representative. Also, Jevough with Axis photography was phenomenal. Always smiling and genuinely asking if we were having a good time. He was ready to help serve us a drink one night when he thought we’d waited too long. Saw him almost everyday of our stay and it impacted our positive opinion. Annmarie at Barefoot by the Sea was great too.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank David Z

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Sandals Negril. We are delighted to hear that you have consistently enjoyed the food and people at our resorts in Jamaica. We sincerely apologize that you found the staff at Sandals Negril not as friendly as those at Montego Bay or Royal Caribbean. We strive to provide exceptional service and a welcoming atmosphere at all our resorts, and it is concerning to hear that your experience fell short in this regard. Your comments have been noted, and we will address this with our team to ensure improvements are made. We are thrilled to hear that certain team members stood out during your stay. It is wonderful to know that the entertainment staff member made a positive impact with his friendliness and genuine interactions. Additionally, we are pleased that the photographer provided exceptional service and contributed to your enjoyable experience. The attentive service at the restaurant also did not go unnoticed. Thank you again for your valuable feedback. We hope to welcome you back to Sandals Negril and provide you with the outstanding service you have come to expect from us.