Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa
Home Sweet Home Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$ 107
US$ 69
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 107/night.

Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$ 74
US$ 72
Westender Inn(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$ 77
US$ 64
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 96/night.

US$ 71
US$ 120
US$ 59
  • Pool
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 81/night.

US$ 41
Catcha Falling Star Gardens(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$ 77
US$ 63
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 70/night.

US$ 325
US$ 195
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 278/night.

US$ 240
US$ 212
US$ 193
5,828 results
All reviewsbutler serviceparadise buildingcucina romanabayside restaurantpiano barour honeymoonbig papacrystal lagoonbutler suitesundowner buildingt boneclub levelsoon come back deskwater sportsred lane spamain poolcandlelight dinner
Reviewed 3 December 2010

The resort was nice overall. The food was better than expected for an all-inclusive. Lots of options at the buffet, and they actually had fresh vegetables with dinner (they are usually canned, even at the best all-inclusives). The only really strange thing about the place were the pools. There was one regular sized pool (the activity pool) and two teeny tiny pools that were each about 30 degrees below freezing. The sun was not strong enough to heat them up. I feared that I was getting hypothermia every time i put a toe in the water. I would have to get out and get in the jacuzzi to warm up before getting back into the pool. The ocean was like bath water (perfect temperature - refreshing), but they need to think about heating their pools. It bordered on being a health hazard. Other than that, it was a nice resort with lots of options. There was plenty of space on the beach so it never felt crowded and you certainly never had to 'hunt' for a beach chair. Dinner at barefoot by the sea was lovely. The butler service was WEIRD and very 18th century. It seemed so unnecessary. I get that the point of vacation is to be able to relax and unwind and have as little to worry about as possible...but their really wasn't much to worry about at Sandals Negril. You can't pick up a phone and make a reservation for dinner yourself? You can't walk outside and select your own beach chair for your butt to sit in? Slavery is over, people...if you really need someone to wipe your butt on vacation your money may be better spent on a therapist.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ladida83
Reviewed 2 December 2010

Let me start by mentioning that when I'm on vacation I don't let the small things bother me - I don't have anywhere else to be so waiting a few minutes for a drink no big deal to me :)

My husband and I stayed at the Sandals Regency in St. Lucia last year. It was the first time we took an extended vacation (6 days) and it was our first visit to a Sandals Resort. We had a great time. It was a perfect vacation for us. That being said, I was nervous about taking another trip this year because I didn't think anything could live up to last year's trip. I was wrong! Our stay at Sandals Negril was even better. I think it helped that we had already stayed at a Sandals Resort before so we knew what to expect in regards to service, rooms, food, etc.

We stayed a two-story sunset loft suite, with butler service. In my opinion staying in a room with butler service is worth the extra money. We didn't utilize our butlers too much, but they called every day to check on us and to see if we needed anything. They will also make your dinner reservations and reserve chairs for you at the pool/beach. If we didn't use our chairs for a day my husband would remove the "reserved" sign - that way someone else could take the seat. I never noticed any reserved seats that weren't being used. There are also plenty of chairs on the beach that are available.

I was nervous because the pictures of the main pool on the website made it look small, and it was. However, there was plenty of room for everyone. It was never crowded.

The food was great at all the restaurants. The 4 C's was closed for renovations, but there were plenty of other options. The lunch buffet had a lot of options and they changed their main courses and sides each day. My favorite dinner was at Barefoot.

The drinks were good. I've seen a lot of reviews that say the bar service is slow. I really didn't notice, but here's a tip: each day they have a "special" drink (normally a fruity rum drink). It is pre-made so if you order it you get your drink a lot faster as they don't have to make it to order. They were all good.

We loved the playmakers, they kept everyone busy and entertained. The spa was a nice treat too. My husband and I had a couple's massage that included an exfoliation and then a bath. Very romantic.

I could go on and on, but I won't. I recommend this resort to anyone looking for fun, relaxation and a beautiful setting. We got home and have already booked our return trip.

3  Thank jem213
Reviewed 30 November 2010

My husband and I enjoyed a relaxing vacation at Sandals Negril from Nov 11 through 18th, 2010. This was our second stay at a Sandals and our first with butler service.

Airport Arrival: Upon arrival at the airport we made our way quickly through immigration and found the Sandals lounge. This appears to be a lovely facility but the service there is perfunctory, seemingly designed to ensure as many opportunities to tip people as possible while moving travelers through as quickly as they can. It seems that the staff here are outsourced and despite the appealing decor, the staff interactions leave a poor first impression. We were stopped in the hall before entering so all of our bags including my purse could be labeled to indicate the resort we were going to and the level of service we’d paid for, and left our luggage with a staff member who we were told we could tip as she would watch our bags for us (we didn’t tip her). We spent less than 10 minutes in the lounge, only time for a quick trip to the bathroom before they began repeated/incessant announcements over the loudspeaker that transport was ready for all travelers to every one of Sandals resorts. We were rushed back out into the hall where we ended up standing around for about 15 minutes waiting for everyone going to our resort to join the group. Then we were paraded out to the far end of the parking lot where we had to wait another 30 minutes in the sun for our bus to arrive. Our bags were passed through a back window; we tipped our baggage handler and were then permitted to enter the mini bus for a 90 minute drive to Negril. We stopped about half-way at a place with relatively cleanish outdoor toilet facilities which sold snacks and drinks. This was the first occasion, but far from the last, my husband was offered the opportunity to purchase marijuana. Our driver never introduced himself and didn’t say a word the entire drive so we tipped him accordingly once we arrived. Our group managed to entertain ourselves and the drive offered a perspective of living conditions for the coastal population.

The Room: Upon arrival at Sandals we were quickly met by our butler Kenrick who showed us to a loft suite. We had booked the Palm building so this was a 1-level upgrade which we accepted. I would recommend the lofts for those traveling with friends or wedding parties for the larger square footage and privacy of the sleeping area, but would not personally book this room as the stairs were hard on my middle-aged knees. We both slept well and were not bothered by street noise at all.

Damage from Nicole: Our suite overlooked the 4 C’s restaurant which suffered terribly from Tropical Storm Nicole. Over the course of the week a crew of workers created little disruption and made minimal progress on repairs. There was, however, clear evidence of significant improvement to the grounds – many new palapas on the newly recreated beach and new concrete walkways throughout the resort. Other than the 4 C’s, the only lingering damage in evidence was the odd patch of ailing sod and a sulfuric smell that wafted up occasionally as you waded in the ocean. The smell is from the seaweed that was washed up in the storm and was covered over by Sandals with new sand. This smell was not pervasive and certainly did not keep us off the beach.

Food: We dined at the Bayside, Barefoot by the Sea and the Sundowner and enjoyed good food at all (and some not so good as well). We loved the lobster bisque at Barefoot but were disappointed that the "Jamaican Buffet" at Bayside offered much toned-down versions of local fare – though to be fair to Sandals the longest line-up was for the pasta that night. We enjoyed the made-to-order sandwiches and panini from the luncheon buffet at Bayside. It was greatly disappointing that the Sandals Cafe wasn’t able to provide patties at all during the week but we had some absolutely fabulous ones from Juici Patty on our day in town.

Shopping: We were frustrated by our visit to the local craft market. Stall after stall offered the same merchandise. You-finish wood carvings and silk screen art appeared everywhere with little artistry in evidence. The sellers were much offended if you choose to pass their stall by and let you know it. Clearly their concern was in earning enough to support their families but their directness came across as impolite to this Canadian couple - just a bit of cultural incompatibility as opposed to actual accounts of rudeness. We fared better at Times Square and found a couple of well made and uniquely styled jewelery pieces which I was able to barter down to a good price and received a thoughtful lesson on what to look for in purchasing Jamaican coffee beans – which we should have bought there as the prices at the airport were significantly higher.

Resort Events: We opted to forego outside excursions and enjoyed our time on the beach and with the playmakers especially the delightful Sherea who joined us for breakfast several mornings. We participated in the "Nature Trip" – which was actually a wonderful tour of the grounds with Andrew the head gardener. We snorkeled once and were delighted with the expanse and condition of the local reef.

Photo Shop: We made good use of SnapShots booking an evening and a morning shoot which produced almost 200 images from which to choose. The per image pricing decreases as the number of photos purchased increases so we ended up spending about $5 per image on the 22 we had burned to disk. Pretty good value compared to a professional photo session back home and Sandals provides full rights to the digital images which is fabulous.

Butler Service: Our butlers Kenrick and Jerry made our stay effortless and performed (or offered to perform) every duty on the butlers list posted on the Sandals website except for the private transfer to and from the resort. Apparently this service is only available from selected resorts though this is not mentioned on Sandals website. Many past reviews had commented on the Butlers bypassing of line-ups at the restaurants for dinner which was a feature of butler service that my husband appreciated but left me a tad uncomfortable. Basically, if you are going to be upset by having others skip ahead of you in line then it is worth the extra money to have butler service. Other than that our butlers arranged chairs for us on the beach, showed up several times a day wherever we were with drinks, and left towel-art and flowers on our bed a couple of evenings. They took care of arrangements for a cab to take us around town and arranged a boxed lunch for our trip back to the airport when I asked for a box (I had planned to put together one myself). They indulged pretty much every wish we voiced but we are a pretty easy-going and self-sufficient couple so I’m not convinced we need this level of service again – to each his own.

All in the resort was lovely and the staff friendly. We have come away certain that we will return to the resort chain but will likely opt for a lower level of service.

2  Thank TMTURNIP
Reviewed 29 November 2010

My husband and 10 close friends traveled to Negril for a wedding. We booked the standard cheapest room at Sandals because we knew we wouldn't be in our room alot. I had read numerous reviews about Sandals Negril, many stating that if you were not in one of the butler rooms the service was poor. This is simply not true. Keep in mind the way you treat people goes a long way. As soon as we got off the bus, we were treated like royalty...you are immediately whisked away to a sitting area, given cold towels and rum punch to cool off. When we got into our room I realized we had been upgrade to the next level room. It was small, but again you do not travel to Jamaica to stay in your room. We got there at night and went straight to dinner at Bayside. Dinner was wonderful the wait staff- Stacy and Princess superb. You can order as many drinks and entrees as you want. The food kept coming. The portions are very small, however you can order numerous entrees- all they simply say "No Problem". After eating there we walked the beach and stopped at the Beach Grill for late night snacks- Jerk Chicken...Yummy. We did Beach Grill every nite for late night snacks. The chef even made me a special request item that wasn't on the menu!!! The next day at the pool all of the floats were taken yes by butlers. However we simply asked Robert (a lifeguard) who was awesome, where we could get 5 of them. He said "No Problem" I will find you when I have some. Within minutes Robert arrived with floats, some still in boxes. We praised him to the highest, from that day on floats were no problem or anything for that matter. Remember we had the cheapest rooms at the resort. Yet we treated the staff with much respect. They remembered us throughout the resort. While on the beach they would stop and ask if we needed anything. After being treated so wonderfully, on our second day we got a phone call asking if we would like to be upgraded. So we said yes thinking we would be upgraded to the next level. We never asked to be upgraded....Many of our friends staying with us had requested upgrades and got a next level upgrade, so we thought this is what we were getting. To our surprise when we went downstairs to get our new keys...We were upgraded to the Penthouse Rooms with beachview and the lagoon with butler service and a stocked bar, two flat screen tv's, jacuzzi tub, two person shower, his and her sink...yes I can go on. This is a five level upgrade from what we booked. The room we were upgraded to is one of the most expensive rooms at the resort. This was all at no additional cost!!! The food was great, we enjoyed the entertainment. Make sure as soon as you get there you book Kimonos awesome Chef Wayne, very entertaining. Two drinks you must have- Dirty Banana and Hummingbird. This was the best vacation Ever!!!

6  Thank kimcharles
Reviewed 28 November 2010

just came back from a week vacation at Sandals Negril in Jamaica, and we were overwhelmed by this resort as before leaving , we had read the reviews and were very nervous...finally all the negative reviews turned out to be all wrong.....

this resort is small and cozy...and so relaxing
The rooms and the bed are so comfy.....we slept like babies all week....and it was very clean, and not old....as mentioned in reviews..plenty of towels and facecloth..!!!!
the beach was great with the sunset every night...and the water soooo clear....
the staff made the big difference...thanks to Julene our waitress and Devon who pampered us all week....and also Venetia....and Faith...
the food was excellent thanks to the manager Charles, however since the Italian restaurant was still under renovation following Hurricane Nicole, we did not experience it....

thanks for all the little attention given to repeaters....thanks Jolene and Warren and Tracia....

the only negative of this resort is that its 90 minutes away from Montego Bay so if you can take a plane from Montego Bay to Negril, do it!!!!

to conclude, we will be back again soon.....

1  Thank boysau