“Omar Walker And Rocio From Sandals Negril Made Our Trip An Awesome Experience!”

Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #11 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 29 October 2009

I want to express our sincere thanks to Omar Walker SANDALS NEGRIL GIFT SHOP AND Rocio WEDDING LOUNGE please know that they were very helpful and very pleasant and they have awesome people skills and i wish that both of them be awarded with some type of monetary gift or promotion due to our trip wasnt so pleasant until we met both of them they made it so much better. THANKS TAMMIE HOUSEHOLDER SANDALS NEGRIL OCT 15-20TH ROOM 7205.

Reviewed 28 October 2009

We *LOVED* Sandals Negril! It was better than we could ever have imagined it would be! Sandals Negril was sooooo awesome and absolutely perfect for us! We had 9 couples in our wedding group stay at Sandals. The day of our wedding we had 11 more people come from other hotels/ resorts to join us for our big day. Everyone had a wonderful time. Prior to the wedding we all hung out at the pool bar and relaxed and everyone got to mingle. Everyone loved the pool bar!!!

Our wedding was better than I could have ever imagined! What a great day! Our wedding coordinator, Roccio made everything just soooo simple for us! Though our wedding day was the also the hottest day, the sunset that night was the prettiest we had our whole trip! The pictures are amazing! For our dinner, they had tables set up at the Bayside for all 29 of us! They even made menus for us that had our names and wedding date on them - that was a wonderful & a very cute surprise! The complimentary wedding cake was amazing too (we chose vanilla). After dinner our group headed to the Piano Bar and we danced under the light of the full moon on the beach!

Negril just couldn't have been any better! It was the perfect size for us, a big group of us went on a Sandals snorkeling excursion one afternoon, which was a blast and soooo pretty (the snorkeling guides were a hoot and had us all just laughing and laughing)!

The restaurants were perfect and the staff treated us like we were "high rollers" even though we were NOT. Our favorite was the 4C's...but we loved Barefoot by the Sea, and Bayside's ever-changing evening line-up too though. And the coffee & breakfast buffet at Bayside...YUMMY!!!! And I still miss it dearly!

We did get our room upgraded to a Honeymoon Beachfront Suite for 2 days too. That was awesome! And proved especially wonderful the day of the wedding because I had people in and out and getting ready and it was complete chaos and I loved every second of it!!! (We do want to stay in a oceanfront room next time we go though...my maid-of-honor stayed in room 5304 in the Paradise Building and we were constantly on her balcony in complete awe of her view!!! It was just stunning!!!)

And the Red Lane Spa & Salon...I cannot remember the lady's name who did my hair, but I *loved* it!!! Loved it, loved it, loved it! Their complimentary products provided in every room were awesome too! Next time I'm not even bothering packing my own! (Rooms were provided with shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and aloe...and plenty of it).

We've had so many people just rant and rave over our wedding and their whole experience...my face hurt so badly from smiling so much!

The staff there was beyond any service and friendliness that I could've ever asked for! Delroy (THE concierge) even called our room when we went to SGOR for our honeymoon just to make sure we were doing good (we loved him...what an awesome guy!). We also met a wonderful young man who worked evenings at the Bayside in Negril (Orlando) and every night he was soooo wonderful to us and our guests. We ran into him at Ricks Cafe the night before our wedding and he and my husband jumped from the tall cliff (I asked Orlando to help coax my hubby into jumping because he was having second-thoughts about it...I knew he'd regret it if he didn't jump). So we both jumped from the cliff (me the little cliff)...we say that "we took the leap before we took THE LEAP!" HA!

We cannot imagine another trip ever coming close to the good times, the adventures, and love that we had and shared with our family and friends on this trip! We loved our time *paradise*!

• Stayed: October 2009
2  Thank Smilz4milz
Reviewed 28 October 2009

My husband and I were married at Sandals Oct 7th and stayed for 7 days. I'll start at the beginning:

Flight:
Unbeknownst to us, the AA terminal at the San Antonio airport was shut down the day of our departure. Unfortunately, when we walked into the airport we had to stand in line with about 500 other travelers (literally, at least 500) waiting to obtain they're boarding passes. AA never once said a word to us about what the issue was, finally the security staff came around to let everyone know AA had lost power (weird because Continental was working just fine in the same terminal). AA reps never once spoke to the crowd to offer alternative travel solutions, etc. So after about 30 minutes panicking because we would miss our connecting flight in Dallas, my husband and I ran to the other terminal and BOUGHT new tickets to Dallas....unfortunately we missed our connecting flight but managed to book another flight which was NOT direct to Montego Bay but stopped in Miami, not ideal for me who hates to fly. So after 17hrs of traveling we ended up in Negril at 11:30pm (we were supposed to be there at 3pm).

Arrival in Monetgo Bay:
Customs went fine no issue there. The Sandals lounge was very nice, there were a couple of other hotel lounges in the same area and you could definately tell the better hotels by them (Sandals, The Ritz, etc). We got there so late we really didnt have much hassle with the backage and getting the "bus". But we did have to tip the porter, which was kind of ridiculous since he only traveled about 10 feet and the bus driver assisted him with putting our bags into the vehicle (whatever).

The bus ride was NOT a crazy as I had expected, my husband gets motion sickness so he was extremely quiet the entire ride, but I didnt have much problem with it, then again I live and drive in San Antonio...I've seen it all.

Sandals
We arrived at Sandals around 11:30pm, once the staff understood we had booked the highest level suite (Riversuite) we got the royal treatment. The resort was pretty quiet throughout other than the piano bar which seems to be the main attraction in the evening. Luckily our suite was close enough to the bar but not too close to be distracting when we were ready to go to sleep.

The next day we woke up about 9:30am and we curious that we hadnt heard from our Butler, so we had to call him. He was nice enough, less than expected, but ok. Unfortunately, we figured out that you had to ask for everything you wanted with the Butlers, which sounds like its not that bad, but for the amount of money we were paying I wanted someone to anticipate my needs. I was on vacation and didnt want to have to call every 5 minutes when I wanted something.

To sum up our butlers, we MAYBE received 3 drinks on the beach our entire stay.....while we saw other guests receiving drinks everyone hour or so from their butler. Finally after 3 days, we asked for a cooler, this way we could just bring drinks with us. We didnt even know this was an option until we saw another couple with a cooler.

All in all I would get the butler service again, but this was not 5 star treatment. But looking into more classic 5 star hotels, we would have paid the same amount of money for a lower level room and no butler service. So I think we got what we paid for (ahh...champagne dreams on a beer budget).

The beach was nice, small like others have said on this site, but sufficient. I was in the Caymens a year ago and the water and beach were very similar (what I wanted/expected). The only difference is that the locals are VERY close to where our suites were located, which is not an issue per se, other than the fact that most days they were screaming and fighting with each other.....not ideal when your trying to relax.....it was funny the first day, but became annoying and unattractive after that.

The locals would also come by and try to sell you whatever goods they have, this includes "Bob Marley Smoke", but the security staff were literally on their heels, so they could only stop and talk to you if you were interested in purchasing something. This wouldnt have been so bad, if there werent someone coming to talk to you every 5-10 minutes.....again not horroble but not ideal.

The resort was pretty narrow, but we mostly just stuck to our side which was at the far end, there was about a 15:1 per person average from the other side of the resort compared to ours. The only thing we regret is not remembering to go to the main pool for a day, they looked like they have A LOT of fun over there.

The resturants were pretty good, but I am glad we didnt stay for more than seven days because I was getting tired of the food. 4 C's was awesome, we went twice. Room service is a must, especially in the mornings. Eating breakfast on our porch was amazing. We did try the breakfast buffet, it was ok.

We went snorkling one day, it was free so what the hell.....its was ok....nothing major....I would recommend it.

We didnt do any other excursions, just pretty much sat in our chairs all day. We also went to the spa (twice), which was amazing.....very good experience there.

It does rain every day between 2 and 4pm but this was ok since we were ready to head in any way to take and nap and get prepared for dinner.

Our wedding went very well, I have nothing but praise for the wedding staff, especially Gawayne! He was awesome and even after our event would come by and check on us. He even gave us his umbrella one day when we got caught in the rain. He was absolutely the best. We would have definately traded in our butlers for him :)

All in all, I had a good time and a wonderful wedding. I wouldnt go back to Sandals, only because I'm done with tropical vacations. Not sure yet if I would recommend it to friends, it definately wasnt 5 star, it was nice but not all that is was cracked up to be.

4  Thank tsstansb
Reviewed 28 October 2009

I have read some reviews that said it was aweful. I wonder if they stayed at the same resort we did. We booked a butler level suite but for some strange reason when we got there was upgraded to their top level suite(the Swim-Up River suite on the first floor)! No complaints here!! It was BEAUTIFUL! One complaint was the AC. It could have been colder. The staff was wonderful. As butlers we had Dwanye & Denato(who I secretly call "the Double Ds"). they were great!! Somehow they were "just there" right when you needed them. Suggesting things that you wanted before you knew you wanted them!! The seafood was great but I never got any crabs. The buffet was ALWAYS stocked. And the restaurants were lovely. If you go to Kimono's be prepared to sit with other couples. I would see if you could get a group you know to go or else you sit with strangers. The Red Lane spa was GREAT!! We got a couples massage. I had Lennox and let me tell you that was the BEST massage ever! And I work in a spa!! Even housekeeping was great.
The one thing I will do different is to get a private car to transport you to and from the airport. The bus, well it sucks. I enjoyed my trip soooo much! THANK YOU!!

1  Thank Slim504
Reviewed 28 October 2009

We celebrated our 25th anniversay at Sandals Negril and had a awesome time. This was one of our best vacations ever. The resort was beautiful and the staff was amazing. We are planning another trip back next year.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
6.8 km away
Couples Swept Away
#13 of 80 in Negril
0.8 km away
Azul Beach Resort Sensatori Jamaica by Karisma

Been to Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK