I did not stay here but decided to give the all-inclusive a try with a day pass. The resort was beautiful and well-maintained but felt very generic and I get the sense that any other Sandals resort would look a lot like this place did. I tried out several restaurants and felt that the food was mediocre. Prior to this, I had eaten at some of Negril's best restaurants and local places that serve authentic Jamaican food and by comparison the food at Sandals was bland, and again quite generic. Not to mention, it was the only food I ate the entire day and I ended up with food poisoning which forced me to cancel my plans for the following day.
We did take the opportunity to take a glass bottom boat ride and snorkel which was great fun and I am glad to have gotten the pass for that reason. However, the remainder of the experience was limited at best. As I heard from many locals in the area, Sandals likes to act like your parents and tell you what you should and shouldn't do. We noticed signs on the resort that said Sandals did not recommend their guests jetskiing, parasailing or engaging in any other water sports they didn't provide.
Additionally, when we were ready to leave for the day we were told by the reception desk that they would have to arrange transportation for us and quoted a price three times as high as what we paid to get there from our hotel. When we told the front desk we'd arrange our own taxi the concierge became very rude with us and the security guards chased us down when we tried to leave the property to hail a cab. As an adult who travels often, it is not courteous but rather insulting with the hotel staff treats you like a child.
While our experience here was not terrible, it was not suited to the type of vacation we wanted. I much rather enjoy experiencing the flavor of a country- its food, the people, the adventure and do not prefer to be holed up in a penitentiary with a slew of tourists.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Negril's pristine 7-mile white sand beach•Phenomenal bedroom oceanfront suites set upon a relaxing crystal lagoon•Ultra luxurious one-bedroom millionaire honeymoon suites with private plunge pool•Seven exquisite dining options•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa “Jamaica's Leading Hotel” (2nd consecutive year)•Five Star Diamond Resort, American Academy of Hospitality Science ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Prestigia so you can book your Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Negril Beach Hotel Negril
- Sandals Negril Beach Resort And Spa
- Sandals Jamaica
- Sandals Negril Jamaica
- Sandals Resort