Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa
  • Breakfast included
US$ 978
US$ 582
Great 4.5/5
Home Sweet Home Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$ 69
  • Pool
US$ 108
US$ 79
Good 3.5/5
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$ 69
US$ 67
US$ 279
US$ 217
Excellent 5/5
Catcha Falling Star(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$ 272
Excellent 5/5
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$ 76
TripAdvisor
Very Good 4/5
5,743 results
All reviewsbutler serviceparadise buildingcucina romanabayside restaurantpiano barour honeymooncrystal lagoonbig papabutler suitesundowner buildingt boneclub levelsoon come back deskwater sportsred lane spamain poolcandlelight dinner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 June 2012

We returned from Sandals Negril on Saturday, June 9. It was our first trip to Jamaica and our first experience with an all-inclusive resort. Our daughter was married there on Wednesday, June 6 with 27 people in attendance. Overall we had a sensational time and would recommend the resort to anyone interested in a "destination" wedding. The staff is professional, warm and friendly with only a couple of exceptions. (The front desk staff seemed cold and rather disinterested.A couple of the bartenders had a bit of a "tude.") Most of the staff were outstanding. We opted for a basic room and although most everyone else had upgraded rooms, we were happy with our choice. Our room was spotless and comfortable. The bed was sensational. Our room refrigerator had soft drinks, water and fruit juice, but no booze. With all the bars around the property this didn't bother us at all. I don't know when we would have had time to fix a drink in our room. Speaking of alcohol, it flowed in abundance, and the drinks were excellent. Brands were topnotch. We enjoyed all of our meals. We thought the breakfasts at the Sundowner were particularly outstanding. We had a delightful---really fun---dinner at the Chinese restaurant our first night, which set the tone for the rest of the week. Beef is NOT a strong suit at the resort. I think it's a quality issue, but that wouldn't keep us from returning. The wedding was beautiful, and the staff did an excellent job. (The minister supplied was dignified without being stuffy.) The photographer was first rate. We also had a really delightful rehearsal dinner the night before in a private dinning room. The food was quite good, and the service exceptional. We enjoyed the beach and the pools immensely, but the seaweed was a bit unpleasant and three people (not in our party) were stung that week. We never did quite understand exactly how the beach chair system worked. (I think that's where the butlers come in handy.) Although we would certainly return to the resort, if we were to come back to Jamaica I think we would go to Sandals at Ocho Rio (sp?) or Whitehouse. We have heard excellent comments about these two resorts.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank John B
Reviewed 13 June 2012

I came to this place in 2005 for my brothers wedding it was amazing so I decided that coming back would be awesome WRONG ! We arrived later then expected and were surprised to hear we were getting an upgrade because it was my second trip here and in less then ten min they took it away claiming the room wasn't ready so they have us back our original room. They never asked if we wanted to wait they just assumed we wouldn't . Food wasn't that great only 7 places to eat very small portions and drinks cost you of you wanted something besides bottom line. Service at all were terribly slow. I was willing to deal with all of this til I saw two of the biggest cockroaches of my life walking in the dinning area when I brought it to the waitresses attention she pushed it with her foot under the nearest counter so I took it a step further and went to the front desk where the lady just looked at me like I had 8 heads and said ok I will check on that. The butler service there ruined the whole place cause if you don't pay the extra money to have a room with that they treat you like crap. Our air conditioner leaked water all over are room everyday. Beach chairs were terrible one small pool with only like 20 chairs there. I will say the gym they have was nice. Beach seemed clean everyday but vendors walk up and down the beach all day bothering you to buy stuff. Every time I asked for a cappuccino I got the answer that the machine was broken. Butler service always comes first no matter how long you were already waiting for something food drink ect. So after all of this I finally decided to talk to a manager and the response I got from her was well I will look into it . The manager also told me that butler service is not supposed to be ahead of anyone bull crap the butlers get tipped where before there was no tipping so she was not about to tell me they don't get better service overal terrible stay wont ever come back here.

• Stayed: June 2012
6  Thank Jrc420
Reviewed 12 June 2012

We just returned from a 9 day destination wedding/honeymoon/vacation at Sandals Negril. I'm writing this review from both a bride's perspective and as a general manager of a beach hotel in the states. We did some serious research before deciding on Sandals Negril, as neither of us had been to a Sandals property, nor had we experienced the "all-inclusive" style of resort. I found difficulty in obtaining many reviews on their weddings, prior to our trip down, so I hope this helps any brides-to-be in selecting this location! My now husband and I spent 8 nights from May 24-Jun1 at Sandals Negril.

The bus ride from Montego Bay is really NOT bad; I'm annoyed at the reviews that find this to be an issue. Sure, there are shanty towns along the way, sure some of it is depressing to see, but overall the views are beautiful as well as the people! I'd venture to say if you're uptight, or used to serious luxury, you may be put off by the bus ride. But really, who cares!

Our room was a Honeymoon Beachfront Walkout. Initially, we were disappointed because it was on the 3rd floor and I really did not feel like climbing stairs all week, but after further consideration we decided we would have more privacy and decided to stay - we loved it! Sandals did offer to move us to a 1st floor room the following day, so they were more than accommodating. We had concierge service so there was a stocked bar in the room - we didn't drink much from it, but it was nice to have these items handy. I would recommend at least a Concierge room. Some of our guests had the Negril Premium or Tropical Deluxe rooms (which are the cheapest), but they were not able to benefit from the 24 HR room service and mini-bar in the room. It's totally worth the few extra bucks for concierge!

As far as the wedding goes: we had a relatively large destination wedding of 40 people! We prepared "Welcome Bags", which we gave to the front desk after we checked in and asked that they hand these out to our guests. Our guests arrived over the next 48 hours, and each one of them was given one of our special Welcome Bags when they checked in. They were so helpful with this task.

Our rehearsal dinner was Saturday evening at 6pm and set up on the Palms Lawns (which is behind one of the wedding gazebos), under a beautiful tree. The service was impeccable, the food was amazing, and the night was so much fun! The following day was the wedding. It was postponed about 40 minutes due to an afternoon rain shower, which we were more than accepting of due to the heat. The rain helped cool things off a bit. The wedding staff: Shermaine, Gawayne, Nastassia, T-Bone, Kino, Vinton, and crew were absolutely amazing. I seriously could write a review JUST on the staff here. They make sure everything goes off without a hitch, and because of them, I never had a worry in the world. Truly, I can say I was never stressed out, never nervous, never worried about what things would look like, or what would happen if we were rained out. No worries mon! Even with the rain delay. They were so calm and assuring that everything was fine, I really did not pay any attention to the rain or what the backup plan was (and they DO have a backup location if needed). Myself, and my 5 bridesmaids got our hair done in the Red Lane Spa (about $90 per person + spa fees). WELL WORTH IT! My hair looked the best it EVER has, I could not have been more thrilled about it. And I have difficult hair! It was gorgeous, and I got so many compliments about it! The ladies in the spa were so helpful and accommodating, and brought us mimosas all morning while we were pampered!

We got married in the gardens which are absolutely breath taking! We live close to the beach at home, so we didn't necessarily feel the need to get married ON the beach. I'm so glad we chose the gardens - it was more than I could have hoped for, and like I said, absolutely stunning! The flowers were in bloom and the area was very well manicured. The ceremony lasted maybe 20 minutes at the most. We actually requested ahead of time to change some of the wording in the ceremony outline, and also to add a few more words. They had no problem accepting these changes, and everything went perfectly! After the ceremony we had a 1 hour cocktail hour (which is where you do the cake cutting, champagne toasts, and first dance). We also took pictures around this time, dodging the rain back and forth (again, not a problem at all). We proceeded to the 2 hour sit-down dinner (with a DJ), which we also arranged to have in the gardens. I was absolutely blown away with the setting (and we got the FREE beautiful beginnings package, so it was nothing elaborate)! We did purchase string lights, which I would highly recommend. They were beautiful! My husband even had a slide show projector set up as a surprise gift to me! Gawayne, the wedding captain, delivered each meal to me on HIS HEAD while he danced, which I loved! The food was great, the setting was great, the bar was open, the wedding captain and DJ kept the spirit alive, and encouraged dancing at the end. It was truly an unforgettable experience and there is nothing I would change and nothing more that I could have wanted or hoped for. And let me remind you, we had over 40 people in attendance, and each one of them felt the same way!

The only downfalls for me (and I'm only even mentioning these to help other brides who may be reading this): Steaming your dress on-site is expensive! Luckily, I didn't need it. I want to say it's around $160. Also, we wanted to send off Wish Lanters into the sky after the reception, but due to recent airline restriction it wasn't possible. We found out the day before the wedding.We were disappointed because this was extremely important to both of us, but it was not the end of the world, and definitely no fault of Sandals. Also, The initial lights that we ordered were chinese paper lanterns. During our on-site consultation, I was told the lanterns were hot pink, which I was NOT expecting; I thought they were white. This again was no fault of Sandals, and I believe more of a miscommunication with our original wedding planner. Shermaine in the wedding dept. quickly corrected this issue and exchanged our lights for the star lights which were GORGEOUS. So, I can honestly say I'm glad the original lights did not work out! Also, the order of events was a surprise to us. We were under the impression we would have the ceremony, then go to pictures while our guests enjoyed a 1 hour cocktail hour, and then on to dinner and dancing. However, immediately following the ceremony, we did take some pictures, but then went right to the cake cutting, first dances, and champagne toast (before dinner). This was surprise to us, but it did not make or break anything, just a different variation of doing things. Also, it was a bit TOO hot for our 3pm (4pm, once the rain cleared) wedding and because of the rain, the bugs were out more than usual. During the ceremony, I can honestly say the heat and bugs were slightly annoying but in the long run it's not something I'll remember, and definitely did not ruin anything! If I had to do it over, I would probably prefer 5pm as it does cool down some in the evening.

Overall - our entire experience was awesome! Destination weddings are the way to go, and if you want somewhere intimate, Sandals Negril is the place to be! If you are picky about dumb stuff like seaweed, narrow beaches, heat, or bugs, then this is not the place for you. If you are concerned with "dated" decor, this is not the place for you. If you want "luxury" in the sense that everything is dripping in gold and diamonds, this is not the place for you. However, If you know how to relax and enjoy a beautiful location, a beautiful , well-maintained, and well cared for resort, with the most amazing staff you'll probably EVER encounter, then Sandals is the place! And the resort truly is beautiful; I don't know what the negative reviews are all about the "dated" rooms and decor because I didn't think so at all! The all-inclusive part is the best of it all! We never had to carry a wallet, or money! Once we checked in, I did not TOUCH my purse or my cell phone for the rest of the trip. All you need with you during the day is your room key; that's it! Returning to reality was tough!

THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS TO: Shermaine (she is so kind and accommodating), Gawayne and crew, T-Bone (photographer, he's hilarious and does an amazing job), Vinton (videographer, also amazing), Kenroy and Owana (playmakers extraordinaire!), and Nastassia the wedding intern (Sandals - keep her around!). Leighton at the pool bar makes AMAZING drinks also! I wish I remembered everyone else's name, because we developed relationships with so many people there I had a hard time keeping track!

Get married here, you won't regret it!! My husband and I are both 28 years old, and most of our friends are in their late 20's. Our parents, aunts, and uncles, and grandmother also attended. EVERYONE had the time of their life, and was so thankful we chose this resort!

Lots of Love Negril! We'll see you again!

-Amy & Jeff

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
12  Thank NC387Manager
Reviewed 11 June 2012

This was my boyfriend and I's first trip to Sandals and Jamaica. We had an amazing experience! Everything was perfect: room, butler service, staff, food, endless drinks, beach, and activities. Our week in paradise was everything we had hoped for! We highly recommend the Butler room, bedroom loft suite, located right on the beach. Our butlers Jerry and Kenrick were fantastic!!
My BF had an awesome time scuba diving for the first time, and would love to do it again. I have a new favorite drink- Chocolate Monkey! YUMMY!

Highly recommend this trip to any couple looking for a relaxing escape in paradise!! Can't wait to go back to Jamaica again :)

Room Tip: Butler Level- One Bedroom Loft Suite, First floor is definitely best
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Jenodini13
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We were married here on May 6, 2010 (sorry it took so long to review). The place is a bit underwhelming when you arrive and appears a bit dated. If you have been to Mexico or to the nearby Lady Hamilton you may be disappointed by the absence of a grand foyer with high ceilings and marble floors.
However, give it time and fall into Jamaica time then Sandals starts to shine. We had a group of 35, some of whom stayed next door at the family-friendly beaches property. It was so nice to stroll the beach and bump into people everywhere that we knew. the benefit of a small resort.
The butlers, Daren and Basil were unbelievable and if your budget allows, definitely splurge on the upgrade. A bottle or two of bubbly really starts the day nicely.
We stayed for 3 additional nights after our guests left and it was nice to relax.
For the wedding itself, we had it on the beach followed by the reception in the garden. The Sandals staff is so good at weddings since they do so many. No worries for the slide show, special meals or anything else. We even got updates on the score of the hockey game (for other Canadians this may be important).
This past winter we went to Sandals Ocho Rios which is altogether different and very nice. For a beach, Sandals Negril is the best.

Room Tip: If you are in butler category, try to get them to upgrade your room. We moved from a dated room to the best room on the property and this made us feel so special.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple