Just back from a week at Sandals Negril. We were a little concerned about the reviews of the recent month, but any time we read bad things about Sandals prior to our trips, they have turned out to be for not and not our issues.
Booked the butler suites and were upgraded to the loft suites. The interiors were a little old, but we don't care and spend such little time inside, that it didn't matter.
The beach was awesome. Not as murky as reported and the weather plays a factor in that. There was a smell, but it comes from the decomposing seaweed. It never reached the shore line. We were on the west end of the resort and the Hedonites that walked the beach were more of nuisance than anything. Don't mind looking at young perky nakedness, but the old hippies that came from over there pretty pathetic.
Loved our butlers Jerry/Kendrick!!!! There were the best butlers we have ever had at any Sandals. So attentive and willing to do for us. They made many runs to our chairs on the beach with drinks, lunch or snacks daily. Decorated our dinner tables and our room at nights with towel creatures and provided us chilled champagne that it was tough to say goodbye to them. Nice guys that were helpful to us, yet we didn't ask for much help, they continued to offer it to us. Our choice to return to this resort at another time, is based on this service.
The resort is going through a renovation, albeit non-intrusive to the guests. They painted the roofs of the loft suites while we were there and now look wonderful. The new piano bar area was great and the new fire pit for night, is wonderful. They are painting and sprucing up the place daily. With garden and landscaping, sidewalk work, etc. You hardly new that they were doing all of this. The food was ok. The best was Sundowners and Barefoot by the Sea. Din't like Kimonos, not like Tokyo Joes at the other resorts. Never went to Dinos, but didn't hear great things about it from others. The return dinner was great, good food and nice job with the large group that attended. They are trying to improve this resort and it is evident.
Also, the ride to and from the resort was not as bad as I read about. The roads were not in that bad of shape and the fact that there are no highways, just slowed down the ride. But we got to see the country, so it was ok. Will try another next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Negril's pristine 7-mile white sand beach•Phenomenal bedroom oceanfront suites set upon a relaxing crystal lagoon•Ultra luxurious one-bedroom millionaire honeymoon suites with private plunge pool•Seven exquisite dining options•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa “Jamaica's Leading Hotel” (2nd consecutive year)•Five Star Diamond Resort, American Academy of Hospitality Science ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Negril Beach Hotel Negril
- Sandals Negril Beach Resort And Spa
- Sandals Jamaica
- Sandals Negril Jamaica
- Sandals Resort