My wife and I just got back from a week in Jamaica (actually its been longer than I care to admit) where we stayed at the SPA Retreat. We both had a wonderful time and enjoyed our vacation very much. Although not completely finished (but it's well on its way - and it won't be long) this place is going to be the place to stay in Negril. We visited some of the other similar spots, and in comparison, we were taken back by the level of thought, attention to detail and craftsmanship that went into this place. The SPA is all brand new, nothing was left to chance and everything is first class.
The SPA is perfectly located at the start of the Westend and Cliffs where you can easily access everything - the city center, 7 mile and other spots along the Cliffs (by cab or foot -note that walking here is an adventure) The view that you get of 7mile beach from the point of the propertry and future outdoor dining area is great, especially at night.
Our room was all brand new and had a great view of the sun set from the double doors and attached terrace of our single octogon suite. The wood work and detail in the room is something to see - considering all the wood is domestic to Jamaica and was milled in the forest and across the street. The bathroom has a brand new tiled shower, his and hers sinks in a nice marble countertop.
While we stayed at the SPA, we were treated with the best hospitality and a selection of spa services. My wife enjoyed a pedicure, message, and body wrap all from the comfort of our room. She was very impressed with everything, especially the message and body wrap (ask for Tara - she has magic hands). Anything we needed was made available for us. Food, drinks and hospitality were above what I have experienced in the past.
For some adventure and to see some of the counrty side, we went to Mayfield Falls for a day. The staff at the SPA made all of the arrangements for us. We just got picked up, had a great day, and were brought back to the SPA when we were ready.
Our experience was extremely enjoyable and memorable. Negril definately has a feel to it and I am anxious to get back to the island and spend more time at the SPA and enjoy what it has to offer. I would recommend the SPA Retreat to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A true luxury escape located on the West End Cliffs of Negril, Jamaica and located on nearly 2 acres of oceanfront; this unique property extends from white sandy beach into exotic grey cliffs overlooking the vibrant turquoise hues of the Caribbean Sea. 18 Handcrafted stone cottages with spectacular tropical gardens and cliff side dining at the Blue Mahoe Restaurant will enhance your SPA escape. The SPA Retreat features an open-air day spa offering classic aesthetic treatments with a Jamaican flair. The adults only, SPA Retreat features a sea water pool, sandy beach deck, A/C, free Wi-Fi, in-room safe, yoga and specialty tours to enhance your experience. The devotion to quality and service familiar to The SPA’s Canadian locations continues to surpass guest expectations from the moment your flight touches down. We look forward to having you as our guest! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Spa Retreat Hotel Negril
- Heart Beat Seaside Retreat Negril