US$ 325
US$ 179
  • Breakfast included
US$ 240
Home Sweet Home Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$ 107
US$ 76
US$ 121
US$ 78
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 105/night.

Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$ 75
US$ 150
  • Breakfast included
Xtabi Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$ 67
All reviewsblue mahoeseaside cottagethe salt water poolneck massagebridal suitejerk fish tacosseaside barthe cliffoxtailwest endall inclusive optionbeautiful propertyall inclusive planwelcome drinkthe entire propertysnapperfront office
Reviewed 29 November 2012

This review is going to be difficult to write because I want to keep this place all to myself! Also, I don't really know where to start. I will begin with the people who work here because they really make the resort what it is. Everyone is very warm, welcoming and helpful. It feels like home when you are there and when you leave you just want to go back. From the moment Jackson welcomed me to the moment I had to leave it truly felt like I was "home".
The highlight of my "almost" three weeks stay was to attend a week-long yoga retreat. The most wonderful part of it was meeting all the amazing participants. The instructor was awesome and renewed my interest in yoga. I will never forget the experience and hope to see all of them again next year!
The retreat is away from the busyness of the megaresorts on the 7 mile beach but close enough to go there any time you choose. I did a lot of walking and felt very safe. You just have to be careful of the traffic as the roads are very narrow. The beautiful setting on the cliffs overlooking the ocean is so peaceful and relaxing it is hard to leave the resort. Watching the sunsets was a daily ritual while sipping on a cold Red Stripe or a delicious mojito prepared by Dwayne or Tyrone, either at the oceanfront bar or sitting by the salt water pool looking out over the ocean. The ocean was a little rough when I was there but I did manage to go in one day with the help of Christine, Rocky and Sue. I am sure the snorkelling would be great on calmer days. The rooms all face the ocean. I stayed in a ground floor garden room and could still see the ocean from my patio. The seaside rooms offer a wonderful oceanfront location if you prefer and unrestricted view of the ocean. The rooms are lovely and big with a good-size bathroom. I preferred to use the overhead fan for cooling rather than the AC. The rooms are kept immaculately clean by Kadene and her housekeeping team. Since there are no phones in the rooms they provide you with a cell phone.
If you want to go on any excursions or tours Heather will be happy to arrange them. She is always available to answer any questions or help solve any problem you might have.
What can I say about Daneisha and her spa team - they're awesome! They provide top-notch, professional services. And Peter, the reflexologist is amazing. Best to have it done in the evening watching the stars. Soooo relaxing.
Chef Kevin, one of the best, if not the best chefs in Jamaica, and his team create delicious, healthy, beautiful food in the Blue Mahoe Restaurant. Starting with breakfast - eggs benedict, omelettes, wraps and Jamaican breakfast - to lunch - to dinner. From the appetizers to dessert there is something for every taste - mozzarella and tomatoes, coconut shrimp, bruschetta, the curried goat, jerk dishes, lobster and seafood, fresh fish, tender juicy steak. Oh yes, and the desserts - coconut cream pic, mango creme brulee, chocolate. Yum! I must mention that if there is anything you want all you have to do is ask.
I have to acknowledge the groundskeepers - they have created and are tirelessly maintaining a beautiful environment even with the sometimes unpredictable weather.
I want to mention everyone by name because they are all so awesome but I might forget someone. I want you to know that you are all special to me. I will see you again.
Thank you Christine and Shane for creating this wonderful little paradise.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
8  Thank slynnnalberta
TanyaFarl, Public Relations Manager at The Spa Retreat Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review, we very much appreciate your kind words. It is our deepest desire to create a "home away from home" for all of our guests and we are pleased to know that we achieved this for you! We look forward to welcoming you back for the 2013 Yoga Wellness Retreat! One love.

Reviewed 26 November 2012

This is a new Canadian owned property with the owners as hosts. There is a cordial friendly atmosphere with a well trained Jamaican staff. All the rooms face the sea although the garden rooms have a restricted view. The 2nd floor rooftop rooms see the wonderful sunsets. There are 7 lovely cottage rooms poolside and along the cliffs and 1 rooftop suite with a private secluded balcony. The spa offers open air treatments and appointments are easy to book.
The restaurant, Blue Mahoe, is getting a splendid reputation which is deserves. Chef Kevin is island renowned. The prepared food is delicious but we were very disappointed with the included continental breakfast and chose instead the a la carte meals.
This boutique hotel has a small footprint and so everything is easy to access. Curvaceous stone walls and paths add much to the beauty of the place.
The pool is sea-side and there is a ladder into the sea for snorkeling.
Night life and beaches are close-by.

Room Tip: The cottage rooms are further from the street, quieter and have the best views
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Derek T

Thank you for taking the time to review The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff and the ambiance of our hand cut stonework. We apologize if you did not enjoy our complimentary assortment of freshly baked muffins, cereal, fruit, juices and Blue Mountain Coffee. We always welcome feedback and suggestions that we can pass on to our team to continually improve. Thank you & we look forward to your return one day. One love!

Reviewed 24 November 2012

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this place and the people that own it and work there! What a WONDERFUL experience from start to finish! I traveled alone, so safety was a top priority. This place is VERY safe for solo women travelers, as there is always a guard at the gate (thank you Mr. Jackson!) and they give you a local cell phone with all the staff numbers day 1. The staff and owners (Shane and Christine) were so friendly and always available to chat, teach you about the island and culture and help you enjoy your stay. The property is simply gorgeous and the rooms are beautiful. It was exactly what I was looking for, top to bottom. There is no doubt I WILL go back. Simply fantastic. I can't wait to see all my Jamaican friends again! Miss you all, the mojitos, and the sound of the waves already!

Room Tip: All rooms are very close to the water with sea views
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
TanyaFarl, Public Relations Manager at The Spa Retreat Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2012

Thank you for your review! On behalf of Christine, Shane, Mr. Jackson and I (along with our entire SPA team!) it was an absolute pleasure having you as our guest. We are humbled by your kind words and look forward to enjoying some well deserved seaside “mojito time” with you again! One Love.

Reviewed 22 November 2012

The yoga spa vacation with my daughter was amazing. I felt so nourished and energized. The staff were friendly, courteous and helpful. Service was very good. The restaurant is open all day and executive chef and his staff - waiters were very excellent. Such an important part of any holiday. Pool service with food and drinks was also available. Sunsets are spectacular.
The boutique hotel was very well planned in that all spa treatments were in the open with privacy. Spa therapists were the best! Highly recommend their service.

Room Tip: All rooms are great because they are close to the sea - no elevators. I love the boutique thatched roof buildings. The pictures on the website are true - exactly what it is like. Pool is very close. The whole boutique hotel is as amazing and I would definitely return. Shade is available but with Hurricane Sandy shade was diminished but it will be rectified. Room had AC if needed. I liked the small thatched building closer to the sea but all rooms are great.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
TanyaFarl, Public Relations Manager at The Spa Retreat Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2012

Thank You for taking the time to review our Yoga & Wellness Retreat this November! Our customer service team is thrilled you left “nourished and energized” from the experience. On a more personal note, it was my absolute pleasure to be able to partake in the daily yoga & meditation classes with you all and enjoy the most wonderful group of people. Namaste and One Love.

Reviewed 16 November 2012

My wife and I just returned from a five day stay at The Spa Retreat. As we often do, we found the resort from Trip Advisor. And with most recommendations, it was right on! After being picked up by the resort arranged driver, we arrived and were greeted by the most pleasant and efficient, Heather. After a short tour of the resort and services, we were shown our beautiful suite. We stayed in the Bridal Suite. Roomy, it had everything we needed. Including the NFL on satellite! As beautiful as the resort is, the staff makes it. The wonderful owners, Christine and Shane are on site and always there for you. We soon learned most of the staff by name. They give you a cell phone so you just ring for whatever you need, where ever you are. The food is fantastic and Kevin, the chef, who you will learn is known by people all over Negril as "The Best". We even had Kevin prepare a surprise menu and were served on our private balcony by candlelight. So nice! Christine's background is service and it rings through. My wife enjoyed numerous services from the Spa and enjoyed every one. Needless to say, we highly recommend the resort and we'll be going back!

Room Tip: We loved the privacy of the Bridal Suite and next time we might try one of the Seaside Suites directly in front of the pool.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank USShredder
TanyaFarl, Public Relations Manager at The Spa Retreat Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2012

Thanks for your review! We’re so glad you enjoyed our exclusive Retreat Suite for your accommodations during this visit, and have no doubt you’re also love the Seaside Handcrafted Stone Cottages on your next visit as well. Your kind mention of Heather, Christine and Shane’s great service is much appreciated and of course the note of “fantastic” creations by our Exec. Chef Kevin. He is "The Best"! Until next time…One Love.