Spent 3 nights at the Spa Retreat in Negril and 4 nights at Sandals Royal Caribbean in June, 2012. Our only regret is not staying at the Spa Retreat longer. This was our first trip to Jamaica. We were picked up at the airport by our own personal driver. The drive to the Spa Retreat really shows you how the people of Jamaica live. Seeing the road side shacks really puts life into perspective. We didn’t feel as though we were headed to “paradise” on our drive in but when the van pulled into the Spa Retreat we quickly realized that we didn’t make a mistake in selecting this place to start our trip. As soon as we arrived we were welcomed with open arms and had a drink in our hands within first few minutes.
The attention to detail at this resort is exceptional.
While at the Spa we spent 2 nights in a seaside stone cottage and 1 night in the bridal suite. My wife and I each had ocean side massages to start our stay – a must if you visit this place. The food at the Blue Mahoe Restaurant was excellent. I particularly enjoyed the jerked chicken – best I had on the island during our stay. Everyone was very nice and the service was excellent. We even had our own personal life guard in Rosa the dog. We would go snorkeling in the mornings and Rosa would often join us. We miss you Rosa!
There are not too many negatives. The cottages could use a bit more storage and the bed in the cottage we had was a double even though the frame was a queen. I would bang knees on the frame due to the size difference. The bridal suite had a true King bed/frame and TV with every channel imaginable which was nice in comparison to the cottage but we found the bridal suite a bit noisy. There was some sort of party going on in a nearby bar during the night we stayed in the bridal suite and you could also hear road side traffic. Not sure if the noise from the bar could be heard from the seaside cottages but I know that during our stay in the cottage we didn’t hear anything but waves crashing on the rocks. The view from the bridal suite was amazing and made up for some of the draw backs.
All in all we will probably stay in the seaside cottage when we go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A true luxury escape located on the West End Cliffs of Negril, Jamaica and located on nearly 2 acres of oceanfront; this unique property extends from white sandy beach into exotic grey cliffs overlooking the vibrant turquoise hues of the Caribbean Sea. 18 Handcrafted stone cottages with spectacular tropical gardens and cliff side dining at the Blue Mahoe Restaurant will enhance your SPA escape. The SPA Retreat features an open-air day spa offering classic aesthetic treatments with a Jamaican flair. The adults only, SPA Retreat features a sea water pool, sandy beach deck, A/C, free Wi-Fi, in-room safe, yoga and specialty tours to enhance your experience. The devotion to quality and service familiar to The SPA’s Canadian locations continues to surpass guest expectations from the moment your flight touches down. We look forward to having you as our guest! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Spa Retreat Hotel Negril
- Heart Beat Seaside Retreat Negril