We loved this hotel. We just returned from Jamaica today & I wanted to write a review while this wonderful property was still fresh in my mind!
Heather at the front desk was amazing. She was extremely helpful with everything. All the staff at the SPA are great. They are warm, welcoming, friendly and knowledgable. We have stayed at many hotels over the years and have never encountered such a great and caring staff.
The hotel is beautiful and peaceful just like the pictures. I would recommend going during the off season. We felt like we had the place to ourselves.
The SPA must still be under construction but they are still able to do spa services. We each had 2 massages while we were there. Normally at destination resorts you get a mediocure spa service for a high price...that was not the case here. The massage therapist aw excellent with a firm touch!! And our services was outside in a cabana by the cliffs.
The cliffs by the way are low down close to the ocean so you can jump off to snorkel or swim with no problem. At first we were a little concerned about being away from the beach but it was even better being by the cliffs as we didn't have to deal with the beach crowds & craziness...yet we were close enough to go to the beach & walk up & down the 7 mile beach making a day of it. We walked the whole thing over 2 days.
The views are amazing! The sunset is gorgeous. The rooms are comfortable & clean.
Keepin mind the cottages closer to the water have queen beds and not all the rooms have tvs...so if your a tv person just request one. I am a tv person so I was happy to have one in the room.
One more thing...it was our anniversary so they gave us a bottle of champagne and put rose petals all over the room and bed! Very romantic!
Loved it. We will return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A true luxury escape located on the West End Cliffs of Negril, Jamaica and located on nearly 2 acres of oceanfront; this unique property extends from white sandy beach into exotic grey cliffs overlooking the vibrant turquoise hues of the Caribbean Sea. 18 Handcrafted stone cottages with spectacular tropical gardens and cliff side dining at the Blue Mahoe Restaurant will enhance your SPA escape. The SPA Retreat features an open-air day spa offering classic aesthetic treatments with a Jamaican flair. The adults only, SPA Retreat features a sea water pool, sandy beach deck, A/C, free Wi-Fi, in-room safe, yoga and specialty tours to enhance your experience. The devotion to quality and service familiar to The SPA’s Canadian locations continues to surpass guest expectations from the moment your flight touches down. We look forward to having you as our guest! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Spa Retreat Hotel Negril
- Heart Beat Seaside Retreat Negril