All reviews dolphin bay dolphin view west end rick's cafe communal kitchen the cliff burner hot plate caribbean sun small grocery stunning sunsets every morning mini mart ltu pub your doorstep chaise lounges intimate resort my home away from home
Reviewed 25 March 2015

Banana shout is owned by my friend Milo. I've known him for years from traveling and staying on the West End of Negril. Milo is Italian but after living in Jamaica for forever he is a local and staple on the West End. The Italian hospitality over flows, with food, drink and laughter. The resort is a quaint boutique style home away from home. The grounds keeper "Plug" will greet you with warm smiles and be at your service from the time you arrive! "Yardie" style Irie Vybz best describes Banana Shout. A true Jamaican experience, with the safety and sanctuary of gated resort.

Room Tip: All villas have ocean view, Dolphin is the most unobtrusive of sea.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Rootsgurl
Reviewed 25 March 2015

I and my husband returned, as promised, in early February for the Bob Marley Birthday Bash and had our usual outstanding time; we saw three pods of dolphins from our front porch, watched the hummingbirds and geckos, and had a blast at the BMBB! Laura and Milo are more like family than owners, and we love you guys! We wouldn't stay anywhere else...thanks for having us! Hopefully we'll see you later this year!

Room Tip: Stay in a 'Dolphin' cottage - and you'll see dolphins!
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank anniejoel
Reviewed 9 February 2015

My boyfriend and I visited Banana Shout for three nights in early February 2015, staying in the Tree House cottage - we were rounding off a two-week journey with a short stay at an expensive resort, and were really looking forward to all that Banana Shout would have to offer.

We had a lovely time, and the setting sure is beautiful - we got to see two dolphins swim by as we stood in the cliff gardens watching the sea; I spent some time leisurely swaying in a hammock on our private veranda with my Kindle; much Red Stripe was drunk; and it was great to have a fridge, a small cooker, and a private bathroom at our disposal. We didn't really get to snorkel because the sea was too rough, but we still enjoyed ourselves.

However, there is some room for improvement. Most importantly in my view, the Dolphin Bar - advertised on the website as serving a range of tasty-sounding foods and drinks from morning till night - was only used to serve the complementary breakfast spread (a light but perfectly nice one: toast, butter, jams, fruit); it is closed for business otherwise, which I can't deny was a disappointment on our first night there, especially as most places in the surrounding area are pretty pricey and exclusive. It would be good if the website could be amended to clarify this.

The cottages are very open with netted walls, doors and windows in places, which will make good use of any ocean breezes but simultaneously provides no buffer against traffic noise, which is quite loud in the Tree House as it sits just a few metres from a main road.

The bathroom of our cottage was wall to wall with the laundry room, the wall not going all the way to the ceiling, so it didn't quite feel private; also as with everywhere else we did not have a hot water tap - I guess this is normal in Jamaica! Nothing major but all the same a little less than what I expected for the price of the room.

All in all, however, this is a very cute resort and the owners and employees were all friendly and accommodating - I would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: The road noise is quite bad in the Tree House cottage; also the bathroom requires you to go outside to access
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SuaSwe
Reviewed 6 December 2014

Quite simply, Banana Shout is amazing! Milo and Laura ended up being more like old friends than hosts. From heading up the Western end of the island, to beaches with no one within miles, swimming in caves, to making cookies in the outdoor kitchen at night;-)...They're just good people and I can't say enough about them, Jah Rounde, and the overall expeerience we had once we got to Negril. We stayed in the tree house and I'd recommend it. Honestly though, I'd sleep seaside in one of the lawn chairs and be content! Big Thanks to Ryan and Abby for getting us there! We're already planning a trip back...

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Rachael S
Reviewed 4 December 2014 via mobile

Four italian friends coming from Florida randomly ended up in this cute little place with 4 indipendent sort of bungalows. We stayed in the biggest one. It had a nice bathroom, two queen beds and two single ones, a wonderful balcony with ocean view and a very comfy hammock. They had free wi-fi which I didn't really use much since the purpose of our little escape was to stay away from our phones and laptops and enjoy the peace and quite. If you're looking for a place that allows you to stay in the resort without venturing the outside that's the perfect place. The owner is an italian man, he's very cool and nice, you can ask him anything about Jamaica and he would know. During our stay there was a young girl cooking breakfast for us for just 10$ per person. everything was fresh and very tasty. If I'll ever go back to Jamaica that's where I'n going to stay. I recommend it to anyone, from friends, to couples and small families. You will love it!

Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends