All reviews dolphin view west end the cliff communal kitchen caribbean sun burner hot plate small grocery pots and pans ricks cafe real jamaica ltu pub your doorstep location is amazing my home away from home on a daily basis ocean front night life
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Can't remember the last time I was quite so relaxed. We had an absolutely all around wonderful time staying at Banana Shout. Milo and Laura are lovely people. All the staff are lovely people. (Chili the dog is so lovely I wanted to bring him home. I miss you so much Chili!). I really didn't want to leave. Every morning going down to the cliffs to eat breakfast. Surrounded by beautiful tropical landscaping and art work. And a stunning view of the emerald ocean and the horizon. Listening to the waves crashing. Jumping off the cliffs. Snorkeling the reef. Exploring the caves below that have been carved out by the ocean.

Strolling through some of the quieter neighborhoods of negril, surrounded by almond trees and bougainvillea. Eating good simple food that's cooked to order. Really friendly locals. We really didn't leave Banana shout very often. We were so comfortable there. Ventured to the beach couple of times but were so turned off by all the commercialism of the all inclusives, that we soon headed back to our private retreat.

Highly recommend Banana Shout if you're the kind of traveller who likes something that's unique. Where you meet local people. Eat real Jamaican food. See the countryside. Stay in rooms with the windows open and a cool breeze. Away from the crowds and the hawkers and the bars. Pure tranquility. We really really loved it at Banana Shout. Thanks Milo and Laura!!!!

Room tip: Dolphin rooms are the best
Date of stay: August 2014
4  Thank Kat L
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This hotel has a very unique flavor and so much more character than many of the other West End hotel/resorts. We were treated like family and stayed twice as long as we originally intended...we just couldn't leave the comfort, the fun and the beauty!
Jumping into the ocean from the cliffs and then showering off in a private cove was divine, and I can't wait to visit again!
Best part of Jamaica for us, by far.

Date of stay: August 2014
3  Thank ethnographicnomad
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My husband and I just got back from recently staying at Banana Shout. We have traveled to Jamaica many times but we were tired of doing the all-inclusive resort thing. We wanted something a little more quiet where we could really experience more of Jamaica. Banana Shout was perfect. It was on the cliffs with an amazing view. The sound of the waves would drift you off to sleep. We could easily walk down the street to some pretty amazing local restaurants and there was a supermarket half a bock away as well. To top it off, Milo, his beautiful wife and staff make you feel right at home. We loved our stay at Banana Shout and can't wait to go back!

Room tip: Be sure to stay in Dolphin View or Dolphin Bay
Date of stay: July 2014
3  Thank Jennifer H
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My Wife and I were at Banana Shout from 9-19 Jun 14 for our honeymoon and it was amazing. Milo and his staff took good care of us and made sure we had everything we needed. Our package came with cooking lessons and Milo made us pesto and a basic spaghetti sauce that were both awesome. I took some of the tips he gave me for the pesto and made my best pesto yet when I got home. We stayed in Dolphin Bay and loved it. We would fall asleep to the waves crashing against the cliffs 10 ft from our door which was amazing. I would wake up and go for a swim in the ocean before the water got too rough while my wife read a book in the hammock or beach chair. You can hear music sometimes at night but it wasn't loud enough to be disturbing for us. The fan did a good job of keeping us cool at night. If you are looking for a quiet get away on the cliffs Banana Shout is the place to go.

Date of stay: June 2014
5  Thank Kyle R
Reviewed 11 May 2014

My husband and I just got back from Banana Shout. We read all the reviews before we went, and have to agree with them. Banana Shout is a special place. The view is gorgeous. And listening to the ocean at night, puts one right to sleep. Marianne and Milo do make it feel like a family. They are very caring and giving people and fun to be around. And everyone who works there are very pleasant. We walked to a lot of different restaurants. We absolutely loved Just Natural. It is on the same side as Ricks past the lighthouse. Probably a 20 minute walk. We would walk and talk a taxi back. The setting is like nothing we have ever seen. There is a garden with many places to eat. It is owned by two sisters who are very friendly. The food is delicious and very inexpensive. Also liked Ivans next door at Catcha Falling Star. Beautiful setting too. LTU is good too. Just down the street past Ricks. Watching the boats pull up daily around 4:00ish to get ferried to Ricks is very entertaining. All is all the place Is extremely relaxing. We did go to the beach one day as the water at Banana Shout was too rough for us to feel comfortable swimming. The beach is not that far and very nice. It is not your typical resort and don't expect that. No A/C but we did not need it. No microwave and we did not need that either. There is a refrigerator that we kept beer (Red Stripe) and rum and snacks in. There is a small grocery just down the street. It was a lovely place and very unique. Would recommend it.

Room tip: We stayed in the Dolphin View and it was very nice.
Date of stay: May 2014