“amazing Its Bob Marleys birthday”
Review of Tensing Pen Resort

Tensing Pen Resort
Ranked #4 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Cleveland, Ohio
“amazing Its Bob Marleys birthday”
Reviewed 6 February 2012

We r at Tensing Pen in Negril. And if it vis not Heaven ,nothing is.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sampetros
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 1 February 2012

My husband and I stayed here this past July after staying at another location on the beach. We stayed in one of the Pillar rooms. The room and location were beautiful but the service could have definitely been better. Our main complaint was the managerial staff. They seemed to overlook us for other guests. We like to be left alone but being treated like you don't exist isn't that great of a feeling. The bartender was quite attentive giving us something new every time we sat down and he dug in the cooler to find us a bottle of a white that wasn't on the list. Also if you cannot handle heat please make sure that you are getting a room with ac. We thought that the sea breeze, quite nice, would be enough but we were mistaken. And you cannot leave the doors open due to the vast number of bugs that will find their way into the room. The food was good and so was the view. My husband and I both agree that we don't like dressing up for every meal while on vacation and that feels like a have to at this location. It was a nice hotel just not for us.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Sonofacoconut
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 December 2011

I went to TP on 12/10/11 - fourth trip there, and it only gets better each time. Really loved it and cant say enough about it. As far as I am concerned, this is the #1 resort IN THE WORLD, with a bullet.

Room Tip: Long house has some road noise, my favorite place was the Rock Cottage 1, but there is not a bad roo...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Johnson City, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 19 December 2011

This was my 4th trip to Tensing Pen- it literally takes my breath away every time I return. We stayed in the Long House with a few of our friends & it was a week full of much needed relaxation. We loved having a kitchen to store our snacks & red stripes in. If you like the all-inclusive style resorts, then Tensing Pen is not for you! If you want to relax in solitude then book a room now because you are feel like you might be the only people there even if it's at full capacity. The office staff cheerfully accommodated special requests like setting up a private dinner in the hammock hut (to accommodate our friend's marriage proposal) & a surprise birthday party with a cake. They seamlessly handled these events so that they remained a complete surprise. I loved having wifi throughout the resort so that I could Facetime with my toddler no matter where I was within the resort. I could go on & on about the amazing food, customer service, massages, & the mental health benefits of staying at Tensing Pen. We are already configuring dates to book another trip to Tensing Pen. Trust me when I say that it will change your life!

Room Tip: Honestly, there isn't a bad room in the resort! My favorite is Cove Cottage. If you're going...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sierrawiley
Union, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 11 December 2011

We stayed at Tensing Pen November 29-December 6, 2011. We loved our room very cozy with beautiful ocean views and a lovely porch to sit on, very inviting with the 4 poster bed. The gardens are fantastic and the views spectacular. We enjoyed swimming and snorkelling in the cove and enjoyed the spectacular sunsets every evening. The food was delicious, I still crave the delicious jerk chicken. Staff were very courteous and helpful. I plan on returning again in the future for another relaxing getaway in paradise!!!

Room Tip: Every room is good so don't worry.....
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
2.4 km away
10.1 km away
Couples Negril
Couples Negril
#8 of 80 in Negril

Been to Tensing Pen Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK