“How many ways can I say "Wonderful???"”

Jackie's on the Reef
Ranked #40 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Just returned from Negril yesterday and decided to visit Jackie's on the Reef. Although there was a spa at our resort, we were determined to visit Jackie's on the Reef. This is a definite "will visit again location" when we return to Jamaica next year. The prices were great and the massages were so "awesome, wonderful and relaxing" that I fell asleep. We hired a driver, Mr. Everton to take us to the location which was on a cliff overlooking the beautiful Caribbean Ocean. My husband and I felt welcome, relaxed and peaceful upon entering the facilities. We had an opportunity to meet Ms. Jackie before leaving and we are looking forward to ournext visit.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Jackie's on the Reef

Reviewed 4 December 2011

From the time we debarked at Montego Bay Airport and being greeted by a delightful driver,Sir Winston, our girls group birthday celebration was off to a wonderful start. Sir Winston recommended that we go to the Jamaican patty and cocktail lounge located on the outside terrece area at the airport, while he loaded our luggage. Once our luggage was loaded, the journey to Jackie's on the Reef got started. When a person in our party said she was hungry, Sir Winston located a wonderful beach side Jamaican restaurant where we feasted upon jerk chicken, conch fritters, rice & peas and jerk shrimp. When we arrived at Jackie's on the Reef, our party was quickly and efficiently checked in and shown to our rooms. The cliff side view of the ocean from the all open great room actually took our breath away. As we changed into our swim suits, and got settled in, we learned through our information folders that were given to us at check in, of the days activities. We were treated to a scrumptous dinner that evening and then went to bed. We got up when the sun rose the next day, and were greated with the best coffee we have ever tasted. Then on to yoga class - in the great room- with ocean views and the sea greeting our downward dog positions - as calming new age music further relaxed us into stretches we never thought we'd accomplish. Under the gentle tutoring of Ms. S (real name Safnya) who is a registered nurse, with a bachelor in Science and a certified holistic practitioner, we were taught new yoga postures and deep breathing techniques that help to relieve stress and excelerate the relaxation process. Then we scheduled our treatments for the week. One person in our party is in the beauty/salon business and she enthusiastically stated that "the massage at Jackie's was one of the best she ever had experienced." From the massages to the reflexology, to the whole blood cell examination, our party thoroughly enjoyed the treaments, the information we received, the yoga and breathing classess and the wonderful cusine. In fact, we enjoyed this trip so much, we have already planned to return next year at the same time. All of the staff at Jackie's on the Reef were knowledgable, friendly and competent. All of the meals we enjoyed at Jackie's were 5 star and the staff was accomodating without being intrusive.
If you are looking for top of the line spa treatments, yoga classes, health and wellness information and wonderful food in a laid back, relaxing enviornment Jackie's on the Reef is where to go. You will be healed, nurtured, invigorated and depart with a renewed sense of wholeness and well being!

Room Tip: Jackie's only has 5 rooms and they all are great! It's a small intimate place with excellen...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank PGreen221
Reviewed 3 December 2011

I have been to Jackie's before, but this time was different. I went in August which was not I usual for me. It was quiet and I felt like I had come back home. I was honored by the Queen Jackie herself with a Wetso Treatment in the natural pool. Wow it was amazing! It was like being born again and I felt like some of my fears were freed!

Room Tip: I love the dome room. It sets away for the main house with the ocean to lull you to sleep. I also st...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Jackie's has the most delicious, healthy food. All of the ingredients are fresh and locally grown. Unlike other hotels that serve canned or bottled juices, the juices here are a fresh- squeezed tropical delight. Each morning, our breakfast came with fresh papaya-ginger juice. You will have many choices for breakfast, all healthy and delicious. We has banana whole wheat pancakes and the pleasantly pink peanut-banana porridge. Breakfast came with slices of fresh papaya and pineapple. Every meal was a work of art, beautifully presented, by Gwen. The dinner portion was a bit small for my male partner. The dinners were equally delicious, healthy and beautifully presented with lots of fresh vegetables and always followed by a relaxing herbal tea. A dessert would have made the dinner even better. The morning coffee, made by Ranger, is another treat - the best coffee we ever had, with his signature cinnamon on top. Ranger also arranged a cheaper taxi ride back for us. The ride to Jackie's from the Negril Airport was $36, and the ride back was $22.
Breakfast and dinner are included in the room price, which is a good thing, because there is no where else to eat. The negative, which is a positive for others, is that Jackie's is isolated - at the far west end, so there is not much to do. There is no beach and, although we heard that the reef is usually swimmable, when we were there, the water was too rough to swim in safely. Our other disappointment was the lack of wi-fi, which again is not a problem if you are looking to get away from it all. The staff sent us to the resort next door, which was closed but allowed us to use their wi-fi.
If you are looking for serenity, peacefulness plus delicious, nutritious food, this is the place for you. The room we stayed in was actually a cabana made of local stone. Everything at Jackie's is in harmony with nature and the environment - even the bathrooms. (The shower had hot water and very good pressure.) I recommend you bring a flashlight for walking between the various structures at night, as it gets really dark.

We came to Jackie's for the yoga, and were quite pleased with Karen's yoga classes that were
tailored to us.

Room Tip: Ask for the cabana with the ocean view.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Scullyster
Reviewed 9 October 2011

• I have just returned home after spending 4 days at Jackie’s on the Reef in Negril, Jamaica. I have recently retired from 30 years in the teaching profession, and I was in need of a place where I could rest, read, write and ponder the “next chapter of my life”. This holistic wellness spa was the perfect place. Tucked away at the Deep West End of Negril, this is probably the most serene place I have ever visited. The 180’ view of the Caribbean is magnificent, and the waves crashing on the coral rock is breathtaking. I spent many hours in the saltwater pool, at the edge of the Sea, and in the hammock on the veranda. The meals were all prepared by Gwen, and each one was a masterpiece. All of the ingredients are grown in garden across the road. The morning Yoga sessions were excellent, and the massage treatments, provided by Francis, were the best I have ever experienced. This was the perfect retreat for my needs. The only disappointment of my stay was that the owner, Jackie Lewis, was in NYC during my stay. I had read so much about this magnificent woman, and I was very much looking forward to meeting her and benefiting from her teachings. Had I known she would not be at the resort during my visit, I would have chosen another time to visit. Hopefully I can return to Jackie’s on the Reef in the future, and will meet Jackie on the next visit.

Room Tip: The 2 rooms in the front have Ocean views, the two in the back have garden views. The Dome has the b...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo