All reviews the cliff outdoor shower conch burger jamaican breakfast seaside cottage waves crashing coffee pot laid back ceiling fan ocean side on the rocks garden room every morning rick's cafe rock house clear water real jamaica
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I eneded up finding a very last minute super deal on a flight, which left me only one day to find a room! As I travel to Negril several times a year I sent out emails and researched any rooms available last minute. I recieved a quick response from Donna at Xtabi and worked out a deal quickly easily. Room: spaciuos wood finished room was more than expected, with one of the most comfortable matresses i have experianced in Jamaica, the shower had lots of presure and there was always hot water! Cold AC, a really powerful ceiling fan and cable tv, what more could you want. There is a pool onsight and one of the best sea access on the westend for swimming and snorklling. I had breakfast and lunch at the restaurant a few time and the food was good and the servive was excellent. I really enjoyed my stay here and would definitely return. The only thing i can find negative, is the drink prices,they are a on the high side, but i guess that has to do with the view that comes with them.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank poolguywindsor
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Thank you once again to the staff and management of Xtabi Resort. We once again chose Xtabi for the second time as a stop over place on our way through Negril. We stayed in Cottage #8 - the second floor of #7. The cottage is quaint and we love the outdoor shower. Always clean, well cared for, no phone, no TV and the perfect place for some rest and relaxation.
We once again enjoyed exploring the caves. The view is wonderful and the sunsets rival other popular locations.
We will be back on our next time in Negril. A wonderful place! It really is a 'place of the Gods'.

Room Tip: We like staying on the cliff side - have always had Room 8.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OttawaPixie
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Fabulous view, but the food is not even mediocre...

I took a friend here as a "thank you" treat and was embarrassed by how bad both the service and the food were. The night we were there, the youngish staff was much more consumed with chatting amongst themselves than waiting on the customers.

Comments to the waiter that the food was less than expected were met with a shoulder shrug. I wouldn't return and would not recommend the restaurant to anyone else... unless you just stop in for a drink and enjoy the view.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Clearingcustoms
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Xtabi exploits Jamaican-style charm with it's rustic cottages which enables you to feel the atmosphere and vibe of the island. If you prefer to stay in 5-star resorts when you travel, then this place is not for you. But if you like to submerge yourself in the culture of the places you travel, then this resort should be on the top of your list for Negril.

We stayed in cottage #1, which was the most prodigious of all the cottages. The views from the cottage were unobstructed and spectacular. I don't think I've ever seen such beautiful sunsets (well, besides Cafe Del Mar in Ibiza). You also hear the ocean at night when you sleep, it was quite tranquil.

Across the street is 'Just Natural' and they have delectable organic Jamaican cuisine at very cheap prices.

All-in-all, I'll definitely be returning to Negril at some point and opt to stay at Xtabi.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matt S
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I have been going to Xtabi for over 20 years, roughly 13 stays in various rooms and cottages! when you find something good why change! The cottages are so quaint. And the staff are friendly and sweet. I will return to Negril and will definitely stay in what I consider my "home away from home"!

Room Tip: Cottages are the best but the hotel rooms have air.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends