“Beautiful property”

Ranked #3 of 81 Hotels in Negril
Birmingham, Alabama
“Beautiful property”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Rockhouse is a beautiful hotel on Negril Cliffs. We spent 2 nights there and had a nice studio that was clean and comfortable. We ate at the Rockhouse restaurant and also at the Push Cart restaurant and the food at both places was good. The views at both places are very scenic. The hotel is very nice for those who want a quiet place to relax. The pool is right over the cliff and unfortunately they had to close it during our stay because of the waves crashing it. However, they arranged for us to use the one at Moon Dance (another beautiful property on the cliff) and we had a lovely day there.

Room Tip: Book early as it's a challenge to get a room.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DrTNG
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We had three rooms at the Rockhouse for my 60th birthday. The Studio we stayed in really needed work, the pool was in pretty bad condition but overall this is a great place to stay. The hotel manager emailed me recently to say that our room would have expedited maintenance (which is good for the next guests in #25) and to apologize again for a service error. The most important comment I can make about Rockhouse is that I think the food is very good and the food and beverage prices are very fair. We have all been to the resort where a couple of days in we dread getting ripped off again for another overpriced meal or drink. At Rockhouse this will not happen. Standard rooms are actually a tiny bit bigger than the studios, at least in the lower building. All of the rooms had nice views and were comfortable. In the end, if the hotel perfoms the maintenance on the pool (which I'm sure they will) and the rooms it will continue to be a wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: We travel in the Caribbean frequently. The studio and standard rooms are perfectly fine and far less...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jdr1210
Lausanne Switzerland
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Set on some low cliffs just to the north of Negril, the setting is exactly what one imagines paradise to be. Our room was on a cliff with its own private patio overlooking the sea. A few steps down the ladder and we were swimming!

Friendly staff (most of whom seem to have been with the hotel for 5+ years) – this is very unusual for Jamaica where service is at best curt.

Spa is of 5* US hotel quality. The massage outside in the cabana over the sea is the ultimate treat: While you are expertly massaged you hear the waves lapping the rocks below, instead of the repetitive “bird tweeting/fake waterfall” tapes that most spas use.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank mikechf
avon
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I was there with my husband and on our 2nd day there on my way to the pool (1st official day of vacation) a man attacked me, grabbed pushed me, and continued yelling at me. I was yelling help and looked around and saw that the staff just watched and no one came to help me. My husband had not come outside yet so he did not know. I was so scared and just ran back to my room. The staff did nothing to help me. They talked to the man and they said he thought I was someone else. But that didn't matter b/c no staff tried to help me. We went to the police and filed a report and moved to a different resort. The rest of our vacation I was sad and anxious. Just awful vacation. We will never go back to Rockhouse b/c I was not safe and so scared and the staff just watched like it was a show or something. No one tried to intervene while I was screaming for help. As a foreigner you expect that the hotel has security in place for bad incidences. There was an apperance of security but no one moved. It was horrifying.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
23 Thank BrMabs
Charlotte_WallaceGM, General Manager at Rockhouse Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
I am Charlotte Wallace, General Manager at Rockhouse Hotel, Negril, Jamaica since June 2006. I have done a thorough review of our records and cannot find any evidence of this incident occurring at our property. My review included discussions with our entire management team, research of our Security records, checking with the local police station which was unable to find a record of this report which the reviewer said was made there and the interviewing of our staff, none of whom have any recollection of this incident. We have also reached out directly to the writer of this review and have not heard back with further details.
We take security very seriously at Rockhouse and have an extensively-trained security team stationed around the clock on property and we are so stunned by this report that we question the credibility of the incident in particular because no one here has any knowledge of it.
Regards,
Charlotte Wallace
Montego Bay, Saint James, Jamaica
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We love this place, the view is expectacular, the service is very good. I recomend this place only for couples.

Its a most do at Negril

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elmertweet
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
1.5 km away
The Caves
#6 of 81 in Negril
43.3 km away
Round Hill Hotel & Villas

Been to Rockhouse Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK