“Great affordable hotel, great staff”
Review of White Sands Negril

White Sands Negril
Ranked #22 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 4 September 2012

White sands proved to be a great choice for our summer vacation.
Room - We got a garden side room with 2 beds. Room and bathroom was clean. Also has balcony, working AC and fridge. It's basic but for the price it's great value.
Service - Very friendly staff at the front desk and the lady that took care of our rooms was there everyday to clean up and provide great advice. Thanks Janet!
Food and drink- Food wasnt included with our room but they do serve some pretty awesome breakfasts and drinks. Drinks are a must and they have daily specials too
Beach - Awesome.... but watch out for the resident stingray. turned out to be harmless but...
Conclusion: I'll be back next year for a trip to white sands.

Room Tip: garden side rooms tend to be bigger but they do not come with a kitchenette only a fridge. If you wa...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank jrsmile
mrussell, Manager at White Sands Negril, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your honest and kind feedback. Your comments about the rooms, service, food and beach are great. The stingray is as curioius about you as you are about it. He is small and harmless and a pretty cool element to what makes our beach so fantatic. We look forward to hosting you on your next trip. Cheers, White Sands

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for White Sands Negril

Reviewed 23 August 2012

Very inexpensive for what it is, White Sands is a good resort on a fantastic part of 7 mile beach. Lots of Jamaican's and American's stayed here, most being friendly. Neighbours a bit too raucous on one occasion but that was during party season. Only complaint was the air conditioning which was leaky and didn't seem very safe. The owner was helpful and the guy who helped with the bags was great, unassuming and modestly friendly. Security was low key but ever present which was great, nice little bar outside. The room was huge and location perfect. Overall a great bargain in a great place.

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong. We were on beach side which was good for kids, as no road to cro...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Fangpilotty

Thank you for your review. The comment about the a/c is a bit puzzling becuase all our rooms have brand new split unit a/c systems. But maybe your room had one of the old units. Not sure what the issue was, but rest assured they work great. Glad you felt we offer good value and we look forward to hosting you on your next trip.
Cheers,
White Sands

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Once again, White Sands delivered a great vacation at an affordable price! I have now stayed at this property on 3 occassions and the staff and property continue to ensure that service and property are wonderful. I feel that i can more realisticly review Negril properties as I have stayed at a number of different places in Nergril. Clearly, White Sands is my favorite. When I had a young child, I stayed at a couple of different all inclusives and my son enjoyed the vacations but they were not nearly as wonderful for me. I prefer the stand alone smaller properties on the beach. White Sands offers a beautiful beach and garden setting, a variety of room accomodations, including one bed room apartments for larger groups, and a great little beach bar with excellent mixmasters (Paul and Tony) behind the bar. The pavillion restaurant serves great, cooked to order, breakfasts and lunches prepared by chef Horace and served by Jennifer. I felt so welcomed, each and every day, by Jennifer's smile and warmness. Many guests from other properties actually came to the White sands for breakfast and coffee, as they preferred White Sands over their own hotels. My room was well kept by housekeeppers Nora and Peaches. My room was always cleaned and ready for me after my day at the beach. The a/c was very effective and looked like it was recently upgraded. My deluxe beachroom was plenty spacious and had a small balcony with table and chairs. The shower was just fine and always spotlessly clean. I'm just not sure what other reviewers are looking for when they complain about this very modestly priced, beachfront property! I believe the summer rate for my beachside deluxe room was around $78/night. I can't stay on the coast of Maine for that price! I have never had any housekeeping, maintenance, or service issues at White Sands. If you have a request, which i have had, they happily try to fulfill it. White Sands location is excellent and there are plenty of restaurants, bars, and night life spots to walk to from this spot. I couldn't imagine not enjoying all of the variety around the area, and having to be trapped at an all inclusive for every meal, and drink. Not my cup of tea! I will definitely be returning to White Sands, hopefully this winter, and i may try the garden side rooms as many folks prefer that side of the property. There are tons of repeat customers at White Sands. That in itself tells you lots about this very special place. Thanks to all at White Sands for making my 9 days so great! Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Room Tip: Garden side rooms seem more private and beachside is a little more active. Neither are a problem. Ro...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank celebrity1Vermont

Thank you for your kind words. Glad we were able to 'deliver' another great vacation and thank, you for your loyalty. Your review is detailed and accurate. I am sure the people who read the Tripadvisor reviews will appreciate the time you spent on writing such a detailed report. We look forward to hosting you for your #4 trip! Cheers, White Sands

Reviewed 18 August 2012

Well w/ the exceptions of some of the ladies in the staff it was not a pleasant stay @ all. Where to start.. The toilet constantly flooded. For the 2 weeks we never got full water power. Felt like someone was holding a low pressured hose over your head. The ants are insane, cant leave nothing out. NO tv, but there are cable wires so we have to rent. They said they had wi-fi but they only kept it @ a low frequencey until independence and then shut it off so you could only go to the office. The bar is over priced. The beach was very lovely and goregous. I did not like the fact that the room had ONE key. I dont know. Rio would be my next resort. this is a 2 star resort.

Room Tip: ..good luck.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Bee P

Sorry it was not a good fit. Good luck with you future travels.
Regards,
White Sands

Reviewed 6 August 2012

Such a wonderful charming place right in the middle of the Seven mile beach. Our stay was so relaxing and the staff went out of their way to make sure you enjoyed your stay. Will definitely be back thank you everyone at White Sands for making our stay perfect! I can't wait to go back

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank tallen39

Thank you, thank you, thank you ! Glad the stay was relaxing and the staff treated you well, they are a large part of why we have so a large and growing number of repeat clients. We look forward to hosting you when you return.
Cheers, White Sands Negril