Stayed at CSA Apr 8-22. We had a garden varanda room. We were concerned about road noise but it wasn't all that bad. Once you had you ac on with doors closed, you didn't hear much. We loved the garden room because of the thick foliage. Beautiful. The tree frogs at night sung us a lullabye, they were louder than the traffic, but what a beautiful serenade. One of the best things about the room was that there were no toes bangers! No little steps or ledges. It was also very clean. I loved the varanda and spent most of our room time here. We had little issues with the bugs, just turn on your ceiling fan and they stayed away.
The food was very good and tried out all the dining options. Good varatity and quality. I was afraid of putting on weight, but didn't. So good healthy foods. I mostly enjoyed early morning continental breakfast in the room. Perfect start to the day.
The beach is of coarse all you could want except for the beach vendors. They can become a bit bothersome. After a few days we would only walk the beach in the early mornings to avoid being mobbed. This is the only thing I did not enjoy. If they could have the vendors stay in there spots so you could go to them it would be a lot more relaxing. High pressure sales for sure!!! Anyways, minor issue and some people really enjoy that aspect. :) The water at the beach is mainly calm, perfect for floating. There are 2 huge sting rays that we saw swimming just below us from our floats. Like shadows moving towards you. They seemed harmless. The life guard says that they are there everyday. Shout out to Deerman our beach waiter. He was great and unless it was super busy, never had to wait for a drink. They were very accommadating, mixing up anything you wanted.
Did the catameran tour and was fun, but should have snuck our own bottle on board. Watched buddy bartender mix up the punch and there was only about a 1/4 of bottle of rum put in a huge bucket of mix. I drank and drank and drank.....nothing but heartburn. lol
The ride back and forth to the airport was good, felt safe.
All in all a great vacation. If we were to go to Jamaica again it would only be a week. We just didn't like being hassled all the time by the locals and it was there where ever we went. Found that part of the vaca exausting.
Jamaica is a beautiful country and if I visit again I will try to find a quieter spot...no vendors/sellers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril