“Our First All-Inclusive Stay”
Review of Couples Swept Away

Couples Swept Away
Ranked #14 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 2 May 2012

We had a great time at Couples Swept Away. If you are looking for luxury accomodations, this is not your place, but if you want to feel like you are a part of the tropical atmosphere this place is for you! We are 25 and 26 and would say there is a good mix of couples from 20s-70s at the resort.

We stayed in a Garden Veranda room, close to the road. The noise wasn't as loud as we expected from reading the reviews and we had not problems with road noise. We enjoyed being on an end and on the 2nd floor which had high vaulted ceilings. There were a few tiny ants around, but nothing that was bothersome. The bathroom could be updated but the sink area was large and so was our shower. Maid service was good and we have no complaints. They did come late some nights for turndown and we would just not have them do it. Our mini-bar was stocked everyday with all of our requests.

We loved Lemon Grass and Feathers and ate at both twice. Patios was great for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I enjoyed the omlettes at Palms, but we had a hard time liking the buffett offers for lunch and dinner. We ate at The Grill once and did not enjoy the fried food. The sushi at Sea Grapes was delicious, and so was the veggie burger.

The beach was wonderful and relaxing. We enjoy the shade. The huts were taken by 7:30am everyday. For our last two days I woke up at 5:45 and 5:15 to get huts and there were people out there before me. Beach service (by water sports hut) was fantastic and Derman was great and remembered us each day. Water sports that are included with the resort is an added bonus and we took advantage of them all.

The pools were small and the swim up bar was also. They heavy drinkers were always around that area of the resort. We went there once and just did not like the atmosphere at the swim up bar, a littly roudy and trashy. The pool by the Palms was nice but we mostly stayed on the beach.

The martini bar is the best bar on the property and makes more than just martini's. If you want top shelf it's there, Patron, Grey Goose, etc and Ricardo made fabulous drinks. I recommend trying the chocolate martini.

We are early birds and did not participate in many night activities but enjoyed the bonfire and the piano bar.

The gym is one of the best I have seen at a resort. I did yoga on the beach and spinning and they were both good.

I would say about 90% of the employees said hi to you throughout the resort. There were some that would not, and sometimes we had to move out of the way of an employee moving a cart along, but then there were employees that would move for us.

Overall, we had a great time and would return again. Yah Man!

Room Tip: If you get a hut on the beach, leave something personal, but something you wouldn't mind if it d...
7  Thank Kjw108
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

We were recently married at the Couples Swept Away in Negril and I couldn't have asked for a more picture perfect wedding or location. It was just the two of us but we met some wonderful people there who ended up coming to the wedding. The staff was nothing but 100% friendly and helpful. We had the most amazing view and didn't even have an "ocean front suite" however we had almost a complete ocean view! The food was fantastic, entertainment was great and there was plenty to do both on and off the resort for free or minimal cost! We will definately be going back!! I would also like to give a huge thank you to Mark T @ TripGuy.com, they were absolutely wonderful to work with! When traveling you want nothing more than things to do smooth and I thank TripGuy for that!!

Room Tip: We had a Great House Verandah Suite, which is right above the pool and swim up bar.... you couldn...
3  Thank Laura M
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I'll start by saying this was the third time to Jamaica, first time to couples swept away. By far the best place I have stayed at. If your into the granite and fancy statues and hilton type decor this is not it. It's more like a tropical paradise. We stayed in a garden verandah suite. It was very nice especially with the outside patio and the mini fridge. The food was very good. If you like seafood which I do, you'll like the fish tacos or red snapper sandwich. The beach is as good as it gets. The ocean water in April was like bath water, and you can go out to the roped area and its not over your head. The float mats that are on your beach loungers are a great idea. The service was outstanding as were the entertainment staff and bartenders. No problems with the cleaning people either, always had are room looking nice every day. If your looking for a nice beach and a nice place to relax on vacation, couples swept away is it.

2  Thank minnesotians
Reviewed 30 April 2012

My wife and I stayed at Swept Away in June 2010. I was her first time out of the country and my first all inclusive resort. We loved every minute. There is so much to do that you are never bored. We loved the snorkeling and catamaran cruise, these are musts! The food was good to very good. There wasn't as much seafood as i thought there would be, but all the restaurants had first class service.

The rooms were good, not over the top. The bed was amazing, best I've ever slept on during any vacation.

There is a long drive from the airport (1 1/2 Hr), but we didn't mind it allowed us to see some of Jamaica!

We would love to come back.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Collin P
Reviewed 30 April 2012

A group of 20 of us went to Couples Swept Away for a wedding. It was my first time there, as well as in Jamaica, and I would definitely go back. The staff (most of them) were genuinely the nicest people I've ever met...and they remember your name and say hi to you for the rest of the week! Very welcoming. It did not feel as if they didn't want to be there or were being forced to give good service. However, the service was slow at some restaurants...they are definitely not in any kind of hurry, so don't expect them to be. The rooms weren't fancy, but they were neat and clean. The beach was amazing and the water is calm and crystal clear as far out as you can walk. The grounds and beach were kept very groomed and clean at all times. The pools and hottubs were pristine and there were rarely ever other people in the pool at the same time as us. The resort is very spread out so it never feels crowded. Even at the beach at the peak of the day, there were still chairs available and plenty of open space. One of my favorite things was that there are floats on every chair that can be taken into the ocean or pool to just float around. We didn't really go to any of the scheduled/organized events through the resort, but were able to play beach volleyball and pool volleyball at our own leisure. Since I already know how to wakeboard and waterski, I was able to go out without attending any of the lessons and no appointment was necessary (like most other water activities). The food was all good and there was enough variety that I didn't get bored by the end of the week. I really liked that the restaurant menus varied from day to day. There is always something available to eat, 24 hours/day. The first bar doesn't open until 10am, but there is a mimosa and bloody mary station at the breakfast buffet, so there is almost always a place for a drink as well. I definitely recommend going to Lemongrass and Feathers at least once each...delicious. There is entertainment nightly at the Palms, and the piano bar in the aura lounge is great. When the piano bar closes, the nightclub opens. It wasn't ever very busy, but there's a different DJ every night, some of the entertainment staff pop in to dance, and the bartenders are fun. It stays open until you're ready to go to bed. Overall, the resort more than lived up to my expectations. If I go back to Negril, I doubt I will even consider checking out any other resorts!!

Room Tip: "Oceanview" isn't worth the extra money. We could only see a sliver of the ocean and i...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends