We had a great time at Couples Swept Away. If you are looking for luxury accomodations, this is not your place, but if you want to feel like you are a part of the tropical atmosphere this place is for you! We are 25 and 26 and would say there is a good mix of couples from 20s-70s at the resort.
We stayed in a Garden Veranda room, close to the road. The noise wasn't as loud as we expected from reading the reviews and we had not problems with road noise. We enjoyed being on an end and on the 2nd floor which had high vaulted ceilings. There were a few tiny ants around, but nothing that was bothersome. The bathroom could be updated but the sink area was large and so was our shower. Maid service was good and we have no complaints. They did come late some nights for turndown and we would just not have them do it. Our mini-bar was stocked everyday with all of our requests.
We loved Lemon Grass and Feathers and ate at both twice. Patios was great for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I enjoyed the omlettes at Palms, but we had a hard time liking the buffett offers for lunch and dinner. We ate at The Grill once and did not enjoy the fried food. The sushi at Sea Grapes was delicious, and so was the veggie burger.
The beach was wonderful and relaxing. We enjoy the shade. The huts were taken by 7:30am everyday. For our last two days I woke up at 5:45 and 5:15 to get huts and there were people out there before me. Beach service (by water sports hut) was fantastic and Derman was great and remembered us each day. Water sports that are included with the resort is an added bonus and we took advantage of them all.
The pools were small and the swim up bar was also. They heavy drinkers were always around that area of the resort. We went there once and just did not like the atmosphere at the swim up bar, a littly roudy and trashy. The pool by the Palms was nice but we mostly stayed on the beach.
The martini bar is the best bar on the property and makes more than just martini's. If you want top shelf it's there, Patron, Grey Goose, etc and Ricardo made fabulous drinks. I recommend trying the chocolate martini.
We are early birds and did not participate in many night activities but enjoyed the bonfire and the piano bar.
The gym is one of the best I have seen at a resort. I did yoga on the beach and spinning and they were both good.
I would say about 90% of the employees said hi to you throughout the resort. There were some that would not, and sometimes we had to move out of the way of an employee moving a cart along, but then there were employees that would move for us.
Overall, we had a great time and would return again. Yah Man!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril