I will make this succint based on previous posts and our experience. My wife and I just returned from a 10 days stay at Swept Away where we got married and honeymooned. In short, with exception of a bump or two- it was Perfect!
The Beach- Best Beach I have ever stayed at. I have traveled extensively through carribean including Mexican Riviera and Yucatan; Turks and Caicos, and Punta Cana- this beach wins hands down. The locals will ask you to consider what they are selling- a simple no thank you will earn their respect and a "Respect Mon" and a fist bump! Consider walking the beach- to the left for Margaritaville (5 minutes) and old Negril Seven Mile Beach. To the right, All Inclusives. Go far enough to the right and you will see and compare Sandals and the beach they have. In my opinion, Couples wins hands down!
The Room- Atrium Suites- 2nd floor rocks- We loved it. Huge Veranda overlooking ocean and Gazebo area where weddings take place. The Hammock on Vernada was perfect. The lack of a TV was a pluys as far as we were concerned. Room was ice cold even withs creens and woods blinds that folded at night. Tree Frogs are wonderful to sleep to- my wife had trouble though- consider ear plugs if you are concerned.
Service- here are a few bumps but generally exceptional was the norm. We arrived and our room was not ready- we ended up in a nother room our first night as did others we talked to. (This seems to be an area of improvement for Swept Away) In any event, they gave us a spa credit and a beautiful room in Atrum we booked next day and made our wedding planning and honeymoon perfect. Far exceeded our expectations. Wedding went off without a hitch. Photographer was amazing- the one on staff- named stared with an A! Minibar was restocked when requested- best to leave a note asking though. Bag up toothpaste and bruses and keep garbage out of room- as a few ants were scene- but once we followed these steps- gone for the most part! Bartending, service workers, water sports etc including restaurants- employees were friendly and helpful. Clayton and Marshall in watersports were standouts (Oliver too during Snorkeling) Oshane, Janet and Roxette at Seagrapes are awesome. No complaints here.
Activities- Book snorkeling, waterskiing, paddleboards, kayaks, etc at Water and towel shed- 24 hours notice for snorkeling and fills up fast- get there by 8am day before. Catamaran cruise is incredible and stops at cliffs on Wesyt End to swim in caves and watch yound local boys climb like Spiderman up cliffs and dive in for you- take dollar bills to say Thanks! Catamaran cruise is sign up at Concierge in lobby- do when arrive immediately!
Restaurants- Excellent in general
Feathers- Perfect- small portions- order lots appetizers or ask for double portions entree; Reservations needed- do immediately when you arrive in lobby at concierge- rebook when you are done first time.
Lemongrass- Pad Thia good as are some appetizers. Great atmosphere but rest of food was just ok; beef not good here; Reservations needed- make when arrive immediately- rebook after you go first time.
Seagrapes- Heathy food bar on beach- Fruit and veggie smoothies and drinks; snapper sandwiches to die for; fresh fruits and salads; veggie kebabs awesome; get there at 12:20pm and ask oshane to give you a Fresh coconut water out of the shell- he slices it for you with a Machete! My favorite place all week.
Palms- Breakfast buffett super- get in and out fast. This is also where many of the resort bands play.
Patois- Made to order breakfast, lunch dinner- excellent- no resrevations needed. A Bog Surprise how much we liked this!
Cabana Grill near pool bar- Jerk Chicken, fish sanwiches, burgers- excellent- better than expected- late night snacks are here;
Top notch "Beach All Inclusive Resort" with a few minor bumps related to in my opinion- the lack of urgency in Jamaican culture- that statement- no worries I'll take care of it now- it may mean 45 minutes. While for most items this may be part of the charm, if its impoirtant to you, it can be a turnoff I expect from past reviews. Just be respectful and assertive. We had to regarding our room snafu above.
If you want "butt kissing" service like Mexico or the atmosphere of a Four Seasons or the Greenbrier Resort- you are not going to get it here- Nor should you in my opinion. This is an all inclusive beach resort for couples and they do a bang-up fantastic job in my opinion and that of the vast supermajority of the folks who write reviews. I am perplexed by some of the rare reviewes that complain about this resort or the staff. While it's possible they had a bad experience as we all have. However, I supect these folks had inflated expectations from wanting out of Swept away what it is not while failing to appreciate and recognize what Swept Away is- A True Paradise For Couples to enjoy and cheris forever!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril