We were at Couples Swept Away April 13-21, 2012. We visited this resort 2 years ago in April. This year the atmosphere was totally different. There was alot more loud guest partying on patios and balconies with no respect towards other guest. (Room 3120). It took away from the romantic couples atmosphere we so cherish at Couples. In another review I saw where a guest commented on the employees lack of respect they showed guest when meeting them on the walkways, because we encountered the same thing. One morning I was walking from our room and 3 watersports employees were standing on the walkway talking, and I had to leave the walkway and go in the sand to go by. I would expect anyone to be courteous and move slightly to give the right away, but I was real surprised when an employee would show such a lack of respect. For the most part we did find the employees friendly and the service good.
We had a beachfront verandah room and loved it! It did get noisy at night due to partying of other guest. The food was really good. We did not like Lemongrass, but all the other restaurants were great! We loved Patios for breakfast. The food and service was exceptional!! Feathers and the Palms for dinner were also very good for service and food.
I think we will try another resort next year. We really missed the quiet relaxing atmosphere we look for on the 1 week of the year we go on vacation alone. We pick couples only resorts that try to cater to a romantic atmospher for couples, but unfortunately some other guest rather party with other guest than enjoy each other. No fault of Couples!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril