“Home away from home”

Castles Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 115 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Cuisines: Jamaican, International
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

Our dinners each night surpassed all expectations. Everyone was impressed beyond what we expected. We will continue to keep this a part of our visit to Jamaica. Well worth the trip!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 22 March 2017

Arrived at Sand Castle at about 9:00PM hungry and tired, just as things were slowing down in the restaurant. The staff was very accommodating and stayed to prepare a reasonably good meal for three of us. I got to try Jamaican red apple juice with with ginger - somewhat sweet but very refreshing. Did not get a chance to go back as we were on the run everyday and quite frankly the price was a deterrent. Meal was nicely presented with friendly service. I would go back and would suggest a try for a proper sit down experience.

Reviewed 12 October 2016

Had two meals at this restaurant which is part of sandcastles resort. They have a new cook there that is very friendly and personable, (the last trip there the man gave me what they had instead of telling me that they ran out of what I ordered). This is my second time to the resort and the better customer service made the food just that more delicious..

1  Thank Maria B
Reviewed 20 July 2016

We had breakfast and lunch at this restaurant during our stay in Ocho Rios. This restaurant is right in the middle of downtown Ocho Rios and within walking distance to neighboring stores and other local restaurants. I would recommend using a car or car service though for getting to the restaurant.

The food was great and the service was exceptional. The staff were so personable and befriended us during our time in the restaurant; such a pleasant experience.

1  Thank Drivenwoman
Reviewed 30 March 2016

Sarah and I ate here I think 4 times during our entire stay at the resort. It's a shame that each time we ate there we were the only patrons in the restaurant but because of this - you tell the chef what you want - and they cook it. Everything is made-to-order right there - so because of that the orders can take some time to cook - but it is well worth the wait. Try a coconut chicken in curry or Jamaican fish in a coconut sauce. Don't let the resort gates scare you away - you can eat here even if you're not staying at the resort. This place needs more marketing to bring people here. If you're all about AWESOME food - then eat here.

2  Thank Msdacko