All reviews breakfast is served enjoyed our stay room was clean guesthouse irie ochi jamaica
Reviewed 1 August 2017

We've enjoyed our stay at The Lion House. It's about a 10-15 minutes drive from the centre of Ocho Rios on Breadnut Hill. We were warmly welcomed by Elizabeth.
The room we had was very big and clean with a place outside to sit en enjoy the view. There was also a general area with a bar and refrigerator. A good breakfast is served in this general area. There are a lot of options to choose from.

Elizabeth can help you by explaining the area. We went to the Irie Blue Hole and on her advice also to Spanish Bridge. It is another 'blue hole' but without the tourists. I wouldn't skip the Irie Blue Hole, because it is more fun with the jumping and swimming, but Spanish Bridge is better for relaxing.

Thanks for the lovely stay.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Elizabeth B, Owner at The Lion House Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Thank you fro taking the time to review The Lion House. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. We have been doing a lot of work on the trails and they will soon be open for our guests. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Jamaica. One Love.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

It was a nice stay in May 2017 on the Breadnut Hill. The Lion House Roots is a great place, nice vieuws, good Jamaican food en Irie people. Mahlon and Elizabeth are warm people. The room was clean,internet wifi good, and i like the vibe to stay with the locals. Out of the tourist areas of Ochi, Good to drive with taxi for 120 Jays in 10 min downtown. Thank You lovely people and we will meet again and mi bring my wife also. Elizabeth the Scotch and Bonett peper ar great you give me as present. Me sent you One Love and Inity. Greetings to Mahlon and Daddy! Rene (The Netherlands)

Room tip: Irie Breeze room
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Da H
Elizabeth B, Owner at The Lion House Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

We so enjoyed having you stay with us and thank you for the review. We appreciate it. All is going well here, I passed on your good wishes to the rest of the Lion House family and they said to bless you up. Have a great summer
One Love
Elizabeth and Mahlon

Reviewed 10 May 2017

Me and my mom stayed here a couple days to sight-see and do some touristy things before heading to Port Antonio. When we first arrived we were greeted by a friend of the host, who was nice and showed us to our room. The room was superrr clean and tons of room. The bathroom was nice and had lots of space for our things too. When we first walked around the balcony and saw our view, our jaws dropped. I'm so grateful for the hammock as this added an extra touch of relaxation. There was a neighbor who had a rooster and we became accustomed to its call in the mornings. One day, neighbors were lighting plants on fire so the entire valley became smokey and it was a little intrusive to the fresh mountain air. There was also a stormy night (we had all the rooms lights on) that awoke a mass of flying ants into our room. We had a good laugh about it, shoved towels under the doors and turned off all the lights. We didn't realize that this place is farrr on top of a hill, away from any stores or restaurants. Make sure you tell them you'd like breakfast and dinner! Mahlon and Elizabeth were great and made us food without hesitation even though it wasn't planned for them! What a great way to wake up and eat breakfast on their beautiful porch high on the mountain top. Elizabeth was also a great chauffeur and took us to some spots while telling us about her story and information on locals/culture. I recommend this place and would love to come back for a longer stay.

Room tip: The wifi is a lot stronger on the upper porch.
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Elizabeth B, Owner at The Lion House Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us a well thought out and accurate review. We really love our place so it is great when our guests enjoy it too. And it allows us to know where we need to make adjustments and what guests really like.
Happy travels, One Love
Elizabeth ad Mahlon

Reviewed 27 September 2016

Me and my daughter stayed at the Lion House, and during our 3 days my daughter was sick and Elizabeth and Mahlon went out of their way to help and accommodate her and still make my stay enjoyable. The food was fresh and delicious,the atmosphere was made for rest, relaxation, and meditation. I would recommend this house to any and everyone.

Room tip: Get the Irie Breeze room, the view is breathtaking.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Blac Q
Elizabeth B, Owner at The Lion House Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2016

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. It is always good to know that our guests have an enjoyable time. it was a pleasure to meet you both and I do hope that you enjoyed the rest of your stay in Jamaica.
One Love Elizabeth and Mahlon

Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

I stayed at the Lion House from July 31-August 4th. When I arrived, the host Malhon and Elizabeth were not there though Elizabeth mentioned in the e-mail that she may be "off" the island. Based on my experience this guest hotel is well suited for the following:
Group or family retreat, familiarity with area, need time for self reflection and rejuvenation, and have an adventurous spirit. The house is located on the top off the hill with a spectacular view of mountains and hillside. I would recommend staying in the irie breeze room. Breakfast is served and is an additional cost. The room was nice and clean and Malhon was very helpful with transport into town. Overall, my stay was pleasant.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank georgi4
Elizabeth B, Owner at The Lion House Jamaica, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2016

Thank you for taking time to give us feedback about your experience at our lodge. It was a pleasure to meet you and good to know that you enjoyed your stay. I liked how you discerningly described who else might enjoy the Lion House.
Regards