All reviewsreggae beachbarefoot chefcassavawhite riverhumming birdsbed and breakfastother guestsbreakfast and dinnerwonderful hostslocal beachessanctuary roomthe main housepumpkin ricemeals preparedlikes and dislikesmajor attractionsjamaican hospitality
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

Visiting and spending one night at the Blue House was the food my soul needed. The welcoming atmosphere from the staff was amazing. The room was much more than I expected. The owners gave me a tour and made me feel like family. I plan to go again with my husband and kids. Meals were also fantastic. Hats off to the chef.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

My family and I visited the Blue House in July, and it was just remarkable and more than we expected! From Daryll's surprise breakfast menu to Elise's dinner talks about her travels and ministry... We got a taste of something special. Our kids loved their friendly and well trained dog Bandit or Bandito as they called him. We have already decided we will be returning and we are taking friends along next time! The Blue House is a must for anyone visiting not just Ochi, but Jamaica! Soon come back!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2018

My three girlfriends and I stayed at The Blue House for 4 nights, and we had the most amazing time. We were here for a nice, relaxing bachelorette after hearing that the Ocho Rios area is perfect if you don't want to deal with the big, crowded ports. The owners and the entire staff are very friendly and helpful in planning out any excursions you may want to take. They assist you in booking and transportation, which we found extremely helpful. Elise and Darryl are wonderful hosts as well. Elise is so sweet and funny; she tells amazing stories. Darryl is also so sweet and funny on top of being an amazing chef. If you can, I highly recommend booking at least one dinner at the B&B. These dinners are probably what I enjoyed most during our stay there. Our room (The Hummingbird Suite) was clean and well accommodated the four of us. We even had a private porch. My favorite thing about The Blue House, other than the amazing people there, is the garden. Elise has meticulously landscaped an oasis filled with bougainvillea, orchids, hibiscus, and plumeria, among other tropical plants. We made sure to get plenty of pool time. Overall, this place was perfect for us. We all loved it and can't wait to return.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here in the cozy cottage and oh was it amazing! The staff there are so friendly and really make sure all your needs get met. They helped us find out prices and plan our excursions! Their driver, Patrick, was awesome and did all the talking when we got to our destinations. We’re vegan and they offered a full vegan menu which was some of the best food I’ve ever had. Breakfast was included and we added on dinner every night because we loved it that much! I highly recommended anyone (vegan or not) to vacation here!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2018

We stayed at the Blue House for 5 nights to kick off our honeymoon before carrying on to other places in Jamaica. One of the big reasons we booked this place was the food, particularly because we're vegan and we'd read that they could do vegan food. OMG THE FOOD! It did not disappoint, it actually managed to hugely exceed our expectations. Darryl is a genius - every single thing he made us was mind blowing and it was the perfect introduction to Jamaican cuisine.
The Blue House is a really special place, we were made to feel like family and looked after to the utmost degree. The atmosphere is warm and friendly - we got on great with the other lovely guests too.
We stayed in the Cosy Cottage and we loved it. It was very spacious, and managed to be at once luxurious and cosy! We used the little patio a lot where we would sit with a book or a drink and watch the beautiful hummingbirds. The gardens at the Blue House are gorgeous!
Thank you Blue House for the perfect start to our honeymoon, we really hope we can come back one day.

Room Tip: Cosy cottage was perfect for honeymooners
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple