2,841 results
All reviews wobbly peacock le papillon beach butler royal grill east beach french restaurant terrace restaurant peter fraser french balcony arnold nugent lobster blt butler service rose water our honeymoon east wing food and beverage manager the general manager
Reviewed 22 May 2018

My new wife and i spent 7 days at the Royal Plantation for our Honeymoon. This was the most magnificent place I have ever been. EVERYTHING here is extremely high quality and the best part of the entire experience is the Staff. They are unreal how amazing they are. Our Butlers Ricardo and Orayne were there for anything we needed and ensured we were always completely comfortable and happy.

The Wobbly Peacock was the on resort bar and it was perfect. The Bartenders Anife, Komocodo and Courtney were our favorite part of the stay. They were so entertaining and always had the drinks flowing. The wait staff is incredible... Steve, Giovani, and Andrea always made sure we had PLENTY to eat. Finally the on resort entertainment led by Germaine & Jason always made sure we were having a good time. It was truly a remarkable experience and I cannot imagine vacationing anywhere else. It was the perfect stay.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have an unreal ocean view. Can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeremy D
Reviewed 20 May 2018

The resort was better than we expected and we expected a lot because of the reviews of friends. The staff is so friendly and eager to serve. The grounds were incredibly beautiful and every minute of our stay was awesome. The food in all the restaurants was fantastic. I did not know if I was going to like the butler service but oh how I loved it. Can't wait to go back. if you want to relax in style, go here!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank MSRTRR
Reviewed 18 May 2018

We just returned from four days at the Royal Plantation and highly recommend it. This boutique resort has all you need: comfortable suites, great beach and pool facilities, great restaurants and food, and excellent service led by your personal butlers. It is a smaller and quieter property than many resorts, but just what we wanted and needed.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Michael A
Kellena H, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Royal Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2018

HI Michael!
Thank you for your feedback on our Sandals Royal Plantation. It is great to know that your expectations were exceeded on your recent stay with us and enjoyed all aspects of our beautiful resort. We are happy to note that your butlers ensured that your vacation was a worry free one. We look forward to welcoming you to one of our other lovely properties in the future for a stay that will definitely surpass all of your expectations once again.

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

There are pluses and negatives.

The best part as you can tell from other reviews are the personnel, especially the butlers. We had two as all do (they switch out from one day to the next). Our best was Adrian. Really nice man and our beach dinner waiter whose name I cannot remember.

The facilities need an influx of money. The rooms themselves, at least ours, was okay. The plumping and fixtures need help. You can’t really control temperature on anything. The butler ran a bath and the water was still scalding 3 hours later. This was not the butler’s fault. One bathroom sink had the cold water faucet in backwards which is an indicator a novice installed it. The fixtures are very worn. The shower took several minutes to get hot water to it and the it fluctuated greatly.

Our private car transfer was messed up by Sandals. We arrived and it wasn’t there. We were told (1) I had called and cancelled it; (2) my card had been rejected; and (3j the call to Sandals was cutoff before they could get card approval. At least pick one excuse and stick with it. They had my card and my phone and my email. No email. No call. Nothing. If they had a problem, they should have reached out to me. I didn’t cancel it. My card was not rejected as my card company was never contacted. And Sandals had my card that it had no problem hitting on the spa and dinner as an additional cost. The guy at the airport finally helped and got a car. And after 5 attempts on my part, I was able to secure their payment and the return transport. No huge deal, but bad Sandals service through central reservations. And, don’t get me started on the division of who can help depending on if you reserved online or via telephone. Why this division! Just use one reservation desk please. One has to get switched back and forth depending on who you speak to as though they are different companies. No other resort has this issue.

The spa was great. Both my wife and I had massages. We both said they were the best ever and both of us get them regularly. Worth the cost.

The thing that is most bothersome was the constant selling. Like a cruise ship on land. They set up a photo session without asking to sell us photos. We cancelled that. We were presented with a sell attempt for Sandals Club and to reserve another stay. Stop it. We know what is there and while on vacation one doesn’t want to be sold. It is a turnoff. They also had someone taking photos, without asking, at our dinner in the gazebo on the pier just in case we wanted to buy any later. Really? If we wanted them we would have asked.

Oh, it is very quiet except from 8:30 to 10:00 at night when the live music is very loud like you are next to a nightclub. You can’t think really during then. Otherwise, it is a quiet place.

The food is mediocre except for out dinner on the pier. That was very good.

With all this said, would we go again? Maybe not as we enjoy other locations in the Caribbean better but those are still recovering from the hurricanes so we came here. It is an okay place. Better management can fix their issues. The people that are frontline are special and the views are great too.

4  Thank Paul C
Reviewed 16 May 2018

Visited Royal Plantation the week of May first. This is the place to be if you need a nice and quiet vacation. The staff also made this place a week to remember. Here is some of the staff that made it happen: Jerone that welcome us on arrival, Dacia and Hector at the returning guest office, the entertainers Jermaine and Jason, Cleon and Daniello, the two beach butlers, Our two room butlers Richard and Orlando, and also special thanks to Junior, Steve, Barbara, Romano, Tianna, Rucchino, Clayton, Michael and Karena. Koen, you should be proud of your staff.
Again, thank you all for the fantastic week and see you next year.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple