See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 April 2018

The hotel is very basic but clean. A good deal for the money. The breakfast was decent and they make individual orders (no buffet). The staff is friendly and it is in a relatively safe location, although there is a bar nearby so it can be a bit loud (although most locations in Ocho Rios can be loud).

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Damon K
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

That hotel is perfect . The location is great ( 2 minutes walk from the main road where you can get taxi for 100 jmd or 1 us ( take red plate taxi) . The hotel is very quiet and clean, the rooms are very big. The two lady who work there are very sweet and nice. They cook nice and tasty breakfast every
Morning.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eve800
Michael J, Public Relations Manager at Casa De Shalom, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Thank you for your review.
We are contantly and resoucefully attempting to make casadeshalom into a "peaceful" spot to stay away from home and from the bustle of city life. The major attractions are within easy access for your fun filled days and eating to your hearts content can be had at a variety of returants which are scattered in and around OCHO RIOS.
Shalom.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

I don't care about some roaches or mouse poop. Different hotels have different staff availabilities and I understand that every room can't be perfect.

However when we arrived at the hotel, in addition to the cockroaches on the floor and mouse droppings, there was NO hot water running in our room. We brought it to the staff's attention, but the second night we stayed there the issue still wasn't fixed. When I can't even take a shower in my room there's a problem.

Stay away from Casa De Shalom, I sincerely think there are better places in Ocho Rios.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank juliangr123
Michael J, Public Relations Manager at Casa De Shalom, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

This was an unfortunate incident. Our housekeeping department makes it a policy to fog all rooms before they become occupied. Our team ensures that if a room is not suitable, that an alternative room is made available for our guests comfort, which would have been done in this situation. If hot water was the issue, then the switch would have been done.
( A plumbing issue was dealt with earlier, and the hot water was inadvertently not turned on.) We sincerely thank you for sharing this incident with us.

Reviewed 22 December 2016

I usually feel that TripAdvisor reviews are bang on, but in this case, I was lead astray.

The hotel is located well outside of Ocho Rios proper, nearly a two mile walk from the central district and public transportation. I suppose for travelers with a car this doesn't matter, but for us it didn't work. There is no nearby public beach and no grocery store within easy walking distance.

When we arrived and checked in, we were greeted by an impassive receptionist who pointed us vaguely in the direction of our room. Room was dirty. Air conditioning didn't work, bathroom needed major updating and there was a large bug hanging out in the bathtub.

The worst part was the bed. Both the blanket and sheet had mysterious stains as well as stains that were clearly blood. At $100 a night, this is an absolute rip off.

We returned our keys, got a refund from Expedia (we had booked the "hotel" through them) and checked into a private room at the Reggae Hostel. Facilities were better there!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank LaurenS3080
Michael J, Public Relations Manager at Casa De Shalom, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2017

Thank you for the reponse to your visit. We trust that all is well.
The location of the property is just within the Ocho Rios Perimeter and can be viewed on any major electronic "Map" available.
Casadeshalom has prided itself with cliniliness and unique hospitality. All rooms are inspected before occupancy and fresh, cleean laundry is promised and placed in each room. If and when there are issues with room, another room will be assisigned for your comfort and peace of mind.
Floors have decorated tiles which can be misappropriated for something else.
Casadeshalom

Reviewed 15 July 2016

My family and I stayed here one night. After paying for the room, they came and found us, then told us it would be an extra 100.00. We asked to cancel, as we could not afford this amount. They told us we could not cancel our initial payment. So we were trapped. We couldn't get our money back and we couldn't stay because we had no more money. My kids were scared and upset. I scraped together every penny I had to pay the extra. Then, they would not give me change in American dollars, even though I had paid them in American dollars. Just another way to get more money from me. Then our room had no hot water, our AC barely worked, beds were rock hard. Be very careful if you stay here. The only decent thing was the breakfast, but they had only instant coffee and would not give me any water. Juice only, they said. Never ever ever again.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank ashmo1979
Michael J, Public Relations Manager at Casa De Shalom, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2016

It was unfortunate that the booking company had you down as two adults and 2 children. When seven adult persons turned up we were welcoming but the extra fee of $87.50 was for the extra persons. This was an unfortunate booking mishap which happens when some booking companies are involved. I do hope you enjoyed your stay.

mj