4,422 results
All reviews mineral pool balloon bar sunset beach bella vista san souci au natural beach b block main beach beachfront suite starlight gala casanova restaurant room service friday night gala nooks and crannies smoothie bar in room dining water sports
Reviewed 14 August 2018

I would love to keep Sans Souci for myself, but that would be a disservice to the great people there (as well as to the others who take time to write fair reviews here that I've also used). Thus, I (somewhat grudgingly) share with you one of my favorite places on Earth. So, let's break down the specifics that readers will want...
Rooms: we've only had two, they've been at two ends of the complex (that, to be fair, has quite a number of stairs, but it IS built into the side of a small cliff, so... duh). Both rooms were glorious for different reasons - one with high proximity to the things we did most, the other with a higher view and greater personal space. Bottom line is that both were sparkling clean and very very very comfortable.
Food: the resort has four main restaurants (and a fifth grill for those that include the au naturel side in their trip, as well as a great juice bar that also has great food), as well as excellent room service for most hours of the day. The restaurants are each a little different, and all are honestly excellent. Even the somewhat snackbar-like beach bar transforms post-lunch into an elegant beachside (literally one foot from the sand, with torch light) restaurant with high end cuisine, without even needing a reservation. For the more formal, the Casanova restaurant is a four-course experience every night that it is open.... and when is it not open? When the resort is having one of its two celebratory outdoor dinners each week, which offer wonderful variety and flavor, along with entertainment fun.
Spa: ever had a couples message in a gazebo perched over the ocean? Well, you can now. Glorious. Decadent. Too good to do more than once... except that my wife and I just did for the second year in a row.
Water sports: Think your all-inclusive resort really is? Well, does it include scuba diving, snorkeling, hobie cat sailing, water skiing, paddle-boarding, and glass bottom boat tours? Well, this resort does. Yep, all included, every day. No, seriously.
Alcohol: yep, separate from food for many readers looking for an all-inclusive resort... all included, all the time. Yes, even the good stuff. Crazy, right?
Beach: not as big as the resorts on the Seven Mile Beach, but also completely clear of peddlers, passers-by, etc. A little bit on the shell/rock side for a short distance, but really nothing about which I would ever complain. Love the water here.
Pools: several, and with wonderful swim-up bars with bartenders that seem to flippin' love their jobs. So much fun. For those who like the au naturel side of things (as there is both a pool and a beach there), the space is very comfortable and just the right balance between spaciousness and being small enough to keep people from ending up all isolated from each other. (Side note: the au naturel side is NOT clothing-optional - everyone there is naked, period. And what does that produce? One of the least judgmental groups of people I've ever met. It's certainly not for everyone, but if you're on the fence, I think you will be happily surprised at how welcome you will feel, and pretty much from the very first moment. Every size and shape of body is there, and roughly nobody there cares.)
Bars: lots of fun at all of these, because, come on, they're bars. Open late on the beach, open all day in the pools, open late on some nights with live music. And do NOT miss the martini bar... each of the bartenders there even seems to have his or her own specialty (do be a little careful though, as those babies go down easy... had half a day of quiet last year after not respecting the martinis enough... eek).
And finally the staff: I cannot convey to you often how much the staff is the reason to stay at this resort. The entertainment staff are crazy fun. The bartenders are always goofy and fun. The housekeeping staff is wonderfully polite and some go out of their way to learn your name the minute you arrive. The restaurant servers are so polite and proper while also sometimes dropping in a little wit and laughter. The lifeguards are great with the watersports and teaching. The live entertainment folks at the theme nights are high energy and very talented. Even the groundskeepers (who are constantly fine-tuning and improving your visual experience even when everything already seemed ideal) are happy all the time and greet you every single time they encounter you. The view, the beaches, the food, the bars... all reasons to go to Sans Souci. But the people there? They're the reason to return. (Geez, I just got back from there, and I already wish I was headed back now. Sigh.)
Also, I fully recommend that you try the little extra stuff too. Make a palm frond hat on the beach. Make a tie dye in Jamaican colors. Play the goofy pool games. We had no plans to do some of that stuff when we first went to Sans Souci, but the reality is that they really add a lot to the experience. So simple, but so fun.
Finally, and I can't emphasize this enough... talk to people and make friends. Not everyone is there to be chatty, but you can tell pretty quickly and respect their space. But wow, hanging out with new friends who are also living out their island paradise vacation really adds so much fun to the time there. We've met some great friends and impressive people there - don't hide in your room and miss your chance to do the same.
(Final side note: below I'm clicking on the mid-range cost box. Honestly, I'm not sure how a hotel falls into any of the categories below at what price. What I CAN tell you is that I'm a little stunned that Sans Souci can stay in business charging what it does. The breadth of its all-inclusive-ness just feels like it "has" to cost more than it does. Geez, I hope typing this doesn't make them recognize the same - eek!)

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
9  Thank Jason K
CouplesSocialMgr, Social Media at Couples Sans Souci, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Jason K,

Great to have had you with us and thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

We are thrilled to know that you had a fantastic time with us and look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

This is not a large hotel - it's cozy, nestled in a cove, and it is on several slopes and a hillside. Our room was beautiful, and the design and decor is tasteful, fresh and spotless throughout. The staff is incredibly kind and helpful, and also quite laid back without overdoing it. The wellness area is quite lovely, with lovely sea views from the rocks, with a mineral pool, spa, waterfall, etc. The food is truly delicious - wonderfully creative dishes and several notches above the average all-inclusive food. I also loved the natural lake at the back of the property, where we sat in swing seats and watched the sunset (and being a nature lover, lots of great waterbirds!)

Room tip: We had a ground floor room which was very convenient (Azalea Block).
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Emma L

Emma L,

Great to have had you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

We loved this resort! We had a wonderful trip without one hiccup from the service of the resort. The restaurants are amazing, bars always flowing, tons to do, and everyone there is beyond happy to serve you. Even the guests are all happy and it is a wonderful place to make new friends! We will definitely be going again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank kyannemcnees
CouplesSocialMgr, Social Media at Couples Sans Souci, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

kyannemcnees,

Thank you for sahring your feedback with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

My husband and I went for our honeymoon and it was perfect! It's a large property with limited rooms, so it can be intimate when you want it to be, or there are parties on the beach/pool, if you're looking to socialize.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

nrschauf,

Great to know you had a fabulous vacation with us and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

As a travel agent we were fortunate to be able to stay at Couples Sans Souci. The grounds are beautiful and parts make you think you are in grottos in Europe. The pools are large and inviting and the staff very welcoming. The rooms were huge, bright and inviting. The mineral pool and grotto near the juice bar is incredible The downside is that if you are an early riser, there is no where to get coffee or food before 7:30 am. Yes, there is a small coffee maker in the room, however, it would be nice to have a muffin with the coffee.
The other downside is the lack of restaurants. The buffet style restaurant is open for all three meals, however you have to make a reservation for dinner. There is also more formal restaurant and a beach grill for lunch and dinner.
One thing I feel those Looking at this resort should know is that the resort is huge and has hundreds of steps for you to get from rooms to restaurants, front lobby, spa, etc. however, they will offer a shuttle to take you around with just a call to front desk.

Room tip: Request a room in A or B block... closest to pool, beach and two of the restaurants
Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank afordabletravel

afordabletravel,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

With regards to your comment regarding not being able to access coffee, please note for the future that we do offer room service that commences at 6am in the morning so coffee and pastries would be available from then. There is also a coffee/tea station located in our Games Room beside the lobby.

We look forward to welcoming you and your clients soon and please feel free to reach out to me personally at jasm@couples.com if you wish to learn more about us.