US$ 114
US$ 125
  • Pool
US$ 90
US$ 88
Casa De Shalom(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$ 85
US$ 73
Hibiscus Lodge Hotel(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$ 151
Chrisanns Beach Resort(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$ 95
US$ 70
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 87/night.

US$ 175
Official Site
Csompo Bed and Breakfast(Ocho Rios)(Great Value!)
US$ 58
US$ 48
Jamaica Inn(Ocho Rios)
US$ 441
US$ 305
All reviewsclose to downtownjamaican experiencecaribbean seathe entire staffochibalconydavisships
Reviewed 23 December 2017

I was just there for a short birthday getaway a few days ago but it was very good! The moment you enter the lobby, you'll be blown away by the breath-taking view! The view from the room is fantastic. The prices are very reasonable! The place is not fancy as say Courtyard Marriot but it is just excellent for a resort. Definitely a good place to stay. Not to mention, the staff is very lovely!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank domziwee
Reviewed 12 December 2017

I'll start by noting that I'm not a picky traveller. I've travelled in budget hotels, apartments and hostels around the world and I don't expect things at this price to feel like the hilton. I do, however, expect staff to acknowledge me and basic things like toilets and lights to work. I have never regretted staying at a place more than this one. I'd only consider staying here again if it were less than US$20 a night. And even then, I'd still probably go to the Reggae Hostel down the road instead.

The Good:
- good ocean view
- great location, especially if you plan to take route taxis as it is close to the transport centre where they all arrive and depart.
- the room was very large
- air conditioning worked

The Bad:
- Our room toilet didn't flush, so our bathroom stank of urine for 3 days.
- When we arrived, there were cobwebs in the bathroom, the remains of a plastic bag hanging off the shower head, and one of the shower taps was half rusted off.
- the front door only opened halfway since the floor wasn't level
- there was a gap between the front door and the frame at the top of the door, about an inch tall. It was so large that it let out cool air, people outside could see in if they tried, and mozzies and other insects could get into the room easily.
- The mattresses were the worst I have ever slept on. We could feel the box springs.
- Pillows were very small and hard.
- The bedside lamp electrocuted us every time we touched the base. The lamp shade was inexplicably covered in plastic wrap.
- Wifi is limited to the lobby, and is slow.
- Service is extremely poor. Do not expect to be acknowledged by staff unless you wait and attempt to grab their attention. They'll resent you for talking to them.
- The pool was closed the entirety of our stay because there was no lifeguard.
- The bar and restaurant did not take card. Neither was staffed half the time we were there, and when it was, the bar was poorly stocked and the bartender was unable to make the drinks we ordered. Drinks were served in small disposable plastic cups.
- The entire property was pretty filthy.
- The (tiny) beach and jetty were extremely dark and dirty - definitely not a place you will want to hang out. For instance, on the jetty, there were dozens of empty bottles of beer and a plastic cup filled with mouldy juice. It was clear no staff member had been down there to clean for many days.
- Room security was pretty poor. There were no electronic keycards, which is fine for something at this price, but the doors to our balcony also did not lock properly, and the door leading our balcony to the one next door to us did not lock at all on our side.
- The ceiling fan was not attached properly and rocked back and forth, which was pretty scary, and the light attached to the fan was broken too.

The Good-to-know:
- The room had no safe or mini-bar.
- There was no phone to call the front desk either. (Usually this isn't an issue for me as I never order room service, but on our first night I had to get up in the middle of the night to summon a staff member to get the people in the room next to us to turn down the power ballads they were blasting. That would have been less of a hassle with a room phone.)
- There's a great little restaurant out the front of the hotel called Seekers. You won't pay more than US$6 per meal for some authentic Jamaican tucker there.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lescy002
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

Silver Seas Resort Hotel used to be a good place, very well located, not far away from the center of the city (just walking distance) and by the cost so from the room you can get a nice ocean view. Unfortunatly the place is very unkempt, needs a lot of work and the instalations is very old. The atmospher is sad and the hotel is mostly closed. You can get a breakfast in the morning for around 11 US$ but it's nothing special so it's better to go just on the corner to The Almond Tree Restaurant where for the same amount of money you can get realy good meal. There is wifi only at the reception but very weak. In my room from A/C when was working there was a bad smell. No butterfly.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank bluebird4007
Reviewed 25 September 2017

True Jamaican get away. Not a lot of fluff or amenities but the hotel is my new home. Im gonna visit here as much as I can. I love the people and the security is here 24 hours. Hotel right in the heart of party city Ocho Rios and you have nice relaxing hotel. Rooms are older but spotless. The cleaning staff I wanna take home with me!!

Room Tip: Room with a Balcony/ Perfect view of ocean and boats
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ann Marie S
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

Silver seas is one of my favourite places to stay in Ocho Rios. The staff is always welcoming and they have 24hr security. The pool is nice if you have little ones that like to swim. The beach however wasn't to pleasant. But there is a better beach close by. They have amazing views of the ocean. I always stop here for a few nights when in Jamaica.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family