“I always want to go back.”

Tower Cloisters Condominium Resort
and 1 more site!
Tower Cloisters Condominium Resort
London UK
“I always want to go back.”
Reviewed 3 January 2011

When we went there we found the staff very friendly. I do not like a hotel where people are always in our faces/business. When our AC broke down I talked to the manager and she had it fixed the same day. When I needed her she was there but she allowed us peace and private time. Reggae beach is close by and worth a visit. Ocho Rios is a place I go every time I visit Jamaica. A beautiful place with lots to see and do. There isn't much to do at tower cloister, go out and discover Jamaica for fun. Our family love this place, we had no problems.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Shezza25
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 26 July 2010

Went on vacation in May- June and stayed at Tower Cloisters in Tower Isle for the fourth time. Let’s just say that was the last time....

The experience there was an extremely "Bitter" one that had me really contemplating whether or not I would return to my homeland. The staff is what kept me going back year after year. They are nothing short of …friendly, kind and Very accommodating… which is sad only because I cannot say the same for Management.

I had an accident while staying there and lets just say that I had to pay, out of pocket, ALL costs associated with the accident that took place in their establishment. There was NO apology from the Management team nor any interest on their part in what took place in their establishment. I was extremely shocked in the manner in which the entire situation was handled and as such would NOT recommend Tower Cloisters to anyone.

The experience there ruined my entire vacation and I returned home more stressed than when I left home.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank SKIRE
london
Reviewed 15 January 2009

jamaica was brillant i do go back every year now my friend booked the holiday when i was out there came home to find tower cloisters was were we stayin was thought would be great very near my family in ocho rios i warn u be ware if u have no car do not stay there u will be taxiing everyday to ocho rios its very near reggae beach what i know very well 5 min walk now the hotel is lovely clean apartment pool wasnt very clean was very shocked about size to. food is great there but also there is a bar 2 mins walk what does great none taxed food the staff was lovely did not see manager much also fact u have to pay a £40 damages cost just in case that was never stated anywhere from thomas cook i did in fact find her very rude as there was a bad greet and never even came to say good bye very poor show from her i do stay sandcastles normaly as they have apartments too and is in centre off town and i would never stay cloisters again as i think its the people that make your holiday im not sure if it was cause there was only 2 others in hotel or we always out but she didnt take to are group

• Liked — the beach own the round reggae beach visit it
  • Disliked — the manager
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank jaydaLondon
Manchester, England
Reviewed 13 November 2008

The first night we got there for our 3 week vacation there was a power cut but even this and the fact we had a 10 month old baby with us did not dampen our spirits!
me, my mum, sister, nanna and daughter loved it here. the staff are all naturally friendly, you can tell when its forced and they remembered my mum and sister from staying there last year.
We loved the fact that you could cook whenever you wanted or if you fancied a night off cooking you could just get the food delivered from glenns restauraunt downstairs.
Tower Cloisters is set in a quiel area but is within walking distance to Reggae Beach and a short drive to ocho rios town centre.
On our stay we visited Dunns River Falls which was absolutely beautiful but be warned there are loads of steps, we went with a wheelchair for my nan and the buggy for the baby, believe me got a good workout that day!!!
Regardless of the steps we still had smiles on our faces from the beauty of the falls.

We also visited the Blue Mountain and had to ride in a ski lift to reach it, i highly reccommend this as the view from the ski lift is amazing, we couldnt go into grotto caves because of the wheelchair but no bigg, it gives us something to do when we go back this year.

all in all we loved it as you can tell, we only wish we could live there instead of having to make do with just visiting every once in a while.

• Liked — The spacious apartments
  • Disliked — didnt stay there long enough!
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank MISS-LELA
bristol
Reviewed 11 April 2008

We have just returned from Tower Cloisters and would most certainly recommend a stay there to anyone. The appartment was spacious and extremely well equipped with a daily maid service. The bar and restaurant were friendly, excellent service and good value for money. All the staff were most helpful and so friendly. We used the service of Errol a taxi driver who was also an extremely good guide. It cost US20 return to go into Ochos Rios and US40 return to Dunns River Falls. It is also possible to hire him for a day, which we did. The location is quiet the pool is cleaned every day and Reggae Beach is just 15 mins walk away and it has a bar/refreshments and a loo. We paid US5 to go onto the beach (but that keeps the sellers away). Jamaica is a beautiful island where we received a wonderful warm, friendly welcome. Our visit was a dream come true.

Stayed March 2008