All reviews white river private beach jerk chicken ocean view red stripe piers falls nightlife jamaicans reggae reef kingston vendors
Reviewed 24 June 2016

Let me first start off by saying that this hotel is located off the beaten path in some secluded area. So if you are looking for something closer to the main spot of Ocho Rio, this is not it.

Second, this hotel was basically empty, with no entertainment and all this was found out while trying to resolve a booking issue with them. That is NOT normal for a hotel that claims to be all inclusive, because I have been to the all-inclusive hotel, where as soon as you walk in, you would hear people, and music, here had NOTHING. They barely were anyone at the lobby area or at the beach. This place was dead, so yeah if you looking for peace and quiet, this place is it. No people equal no noise etc.

Third, the customer service was so horrible here. OMG, these people are so money hungry for a rundown hole of hotel that they can't even work with you for an extra person for one hotel room!?

You barely have enough people here, and this hotel is creepy and eerie at the same time, at least be grateful someone was trying to stay in this god forsaken place for three days.

I BEG YOU, if you are reading this review, please stay away. This place is not worth the money they are charging (especially during the slow season).

Please trust me on this, I'm trying to save you the heartache and disappointment we felt leaving this place and ending up going to their sister hotel, which was just as eerie and silent (like ugh). By the way, their sister hotel is Club Ambience.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
8  Thank Beltifi
Reviewed 23 June 2016

The hotel I found was too quiet for us. On arrival it seemed liked we were the only guests. I took my
Mum there to cheer us both up after she came through a recent illness.
My mistake I did not check for lifts before I booked; no lifts and we were on the third floor which was a
Disaster for my mum.
The resort was more of a rustic quiet guest house and is more for someone who wants to get away from everything and everyone with little or no interaction ; perhaps a writer working on their next best seller or movie director on their next script. I don't believe it is for family with small children, no day time activities as such.

On the plus side room was lovely overlooking the Caribbean Sea also clean and nicely furnished.
The staff were absolutely lovely and looked after you. We were lucky in a way because a large group
Checked in that evening - about 70 people and livened up the place. A live reggae band came to perform and they were excellent. Most people from the group got on the dance floor and had a wild time. The buffet meal was very nice.
But alas way too quiet for me

One of the hotel staff called SMILEY performed with the band a few songs and brought the house down. It's not hard to see how he got that name.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Alpharooms
1  Thank W4603QXdianeb
Reviewed 24 May 2016

I have been going to Shaw park beach hotel for the past 10 years, our family used to be valued customers, we used to be catered to, we used to enjoy ourselves this hotel is a poor excuse to be called cheap or on a budget , the pool was dirty and not attempted to be cleaned until our departure date, they ran out of coconut milk, coco rum, ketchup the drinks are overly cheaped out with sugar and ice, The updated rooms still had no hot water majority of the time, the cable didn't work at all me and my wife and 2 kids were left so bored we wanted to leave the property most of the time, barely any music played, no entertainment no water sport, 1 kayak from maybe 12 years ago still there. life guard reads with his back to ocean, staff all over the place, didn't feel catered to, always felt like a burden to everyone, except miss Doreen pebbles and Dylan @ the bar you guys are the only reason we didn't ask for a refund, the manager and accountant seems to hate all guest with a passion, no hi, hello or good morning from any of them but there faces always screwed up.
Some staff from the kitchen are always lounging by the bar or hanging and puffing cigarette in your face!! I am utterly distraught as we even went last year November and decided to try giving this place another shot because they said they were updating and trying to fix the problems! all lies, this place is a money pit being dug out by its entitled managers and hierarchy of staff members, the guest are almost like prisoners forced to eat and drink what is prescribed on its meager budget geared towards guests! no way an all inclusive as it once was. when i asked for a bottle of water on my last night for my 2 babies, i was told by the accountant sitting by the bar to pay $3 US! I am a Jamaican citizen this is a rip of for a JMD $35 Bottle water. I am not an over critical person I am very simple and easy to please but these were too much short comings on the Hotels behalf! Fix your issues or face your consequences Mr. Manager, This gentleman had the disgusting audacity of standing up on my way out after not even a hello, to stretch his neck over the yellow hummer parked in front of what used to be the baggage and bell hop area( now non existent) to see what car I drove to the property! very judgmental Sir! Shaw Park after 10 long years will not see me nor my family, that used to enjoy this place 10- 20 people when we booked in over the years. The sad part is my list can continue but you get the Gist people, God Bless.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
5  Thank Gianne M
Reviewed 19 May 2016

Was here a couple weekends ago with a group of classmates and friends. While Shaw Park is not a new resort, it was clean and well-kept. We had wonderful servers, bartenders, and were greeted warmly by everyone whom we encountered there. If you are looking for a great place to relax and unwind on the water, this is a wonderful choice. I hope that someday I can make it back there again.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Oliver R, Manager at Shaw Park Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2016

Dear Kathy S,
We were delighted to have you vacationing with us recently and indeed it was our pleasure hosting you and friends. Your review was wonderful and we thank you so much for all those positive comments about Shaw Park Beach Hotel. Our Resort is quite unique, not everyone will be happy staying here, but those seeking a quiet, relaxing place to stay and needing peace of mind will find us acceptable and a great place to spend their vacation. We pray that you will continue to recommend us to more friends and please remember that this will be your "home away from home" !. Hoping to have you returning soon .......
Kindest regards,
Oliver R.

Reviewed 15 May 2016

This was our 4th visit. We love it there! The staff make this place. Smiley,Willie,Pebbles,Jermaine,Lillith,Crossman,Oliver & Michael(and many more who I forgot names) thanks for making us feel like we were home!!
Food was amazing! Room steps from the beach! This resort is not for everyone...no bells and whistles but if you are looking for rest and relaxation this is the place!!!
We are coming back in November with our children(young adults) and can't wait to introduce them to our Shaw Park family!!!
Mr Smatt,you have a jewel in Shaw Park! A few minor fixes would be a plus for the property. It has so much potential!!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Oliver R, Manager at Shaw Park Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2016

Dear Mimmie,
Thanks for your recent two (2) weeks visit that was spent here at your "jamaican home" and we were honoured to have you for a fourth (4th) time. It was our pleasure having you and our usual warm, friendly and courteous service was extended. As you have rightly said Shaw Park Beach is not for everyone, as we cater to the more mature persons, who are seeking rest, relaxation and peace of mind !. Over the years you have met several friends and I will personally convey your compliments to everyone.
We look forward to see you in November for a fifth (5th) visit and most certainly we will try to better/ improve on the previous stay.
It was a pleasure hosting you and remember that November is just around the corner.
Kindest regards,