1,526 results
All reviews private beach beach bar white suite planters punch premier verandah suite croquet lawn beach wing black lab marilyn monroe ocean spa blue cottage chef maurice the cottages welcome home garden tour all inclusive plan all inclusive option
Reviewed 6 December 2017

My wife and I are both in our late 50s and have stayed at hundreds of hotels. I personally have travelled to over 50 countries. And Jamaica Inn has, hands down, the best service I have ever experienced. Everyone was competent and friendly and absolutely willing to help, without ever being subservient (which my wife and I hate). The rooms are lovely, the bed is fantastic, the food and ambience are outstanding, and the beach and other facilities are top notch. And for an added bonus, since I am a gigging jazz pianist on the side, the fact that they had a pretty decent piano there available for guests to play made this perfect for me. A wonderful place that just left us with the most peaceful and happy feeling.

Room Tip: it seemed all views were excellent.
3  Thank 395raydav
Reviewed 3 December 2017

We just spent a fantastic 3 weeks at a Cottage on the all inclusive meal plan. We found that worked out very well for us, and made billing so simple.

The cottage was just right for us - so thank you to Gerry, the reservations manager, for understanding us so well and recommending the best fit for us.

We totally relaxed from the minute we arrived, with no thoughts or worries about home - which is especially unusual for my husband. On the advice of the hotel, we used the Mobay VIP service at the airport - very well worth the money as it saved us hours in customs and immigration lines.

Eric and Peter, the owners were always around and we enjoyed chatting to them, as well as Eric's wife Belinda. There was always a manager present making sure everything was running smoothly, overseen by Kyle, the General Manager. And boy - it did run smoothly!

It is hard to add to all the other 5 star reviews, except to say that they, and the photos, are all very accurate. A few extra things we noticed - how very clean and tidy the whole hotel was kept, including regularly washing windows and paintwork. And the landscaping is superb - very tropical and colorful, and so well maintained. As was the beach - the attendants clean it daily so it is kept pristine.

And of course, what was the icing on the cake were the staff who couldn't do enough for you to make sure your vacation was special. And always with a lovely smile and kind, welcoming words.

A big thank you to Patrice, Kenmar and Patrick for their drink service, and Jason, Kirk and Garfield for their meal service. We very much enjoyed engaging and informative conversations with them all. And thank you to Ryan, the captain who looked after us so well.

And another big thank you to Sheryl, Beverley and their apprentice who kept our cottage spotless, again with wonderful smiles and genuine concern for our well being.

As the previous reviewer said, thank you Eric and Peter for keeping this iconic hotel the way it is and not letting it become a mega resort.

Finally, a shout out to the best taxi and driver - Delroy - reclining seats woo hoo!

6  Thank TN_Mountains_Girl
Reviewed 30 November 2017

My wife and I traveled to Jamaica Inn for 4 nights right before Thanksgiving and it was a wonderful trip. This was our first trip to Jamaica and I had heard the island can be a little rough. As a result, we took advantage of all the hotel offered. They arranged our travel to and from the airport, all our excursions (we did several), and even a dinner in Ocho Rios. We felt completely safe and very well taken care of for our entire trip. For us this was the right way to go.

As others have said, the staff at the hotel will not disappoint. They made us feel welcome in every way possible. As an example of the kind of care they provided, one day my wife and I were in the hotel gift shop and my wife started coughing. She explained to the gift shop attendant (I can't remember her name) that her allergies were the problem and the attendant called the bar and asked them to prepare a small glass of lime juice and honey. She then left the shop and went to get the drink for my wife and was back in minutes with a smile on her face and drink in her hand. She explained that she has the same trouble from time to time and this drink always helps, and it did for my wife as well! It is unusual these days to find that kind of service anywhere. To say that the staff always have a smile on their face is not enough, they really take pleasure in making the guests feel like family.

This leads me to my last comment. This is not a mega resort and I was so happy to find a small family run hotel that made us feel like family! We chatted with Eric the owner several times on our trip but I never thanked him for keeping the hotel as it is. I'm sure they could put another mega resort on this property like they are putting up all over the island. This experience was so much better for us than what is offered at those 500+ room hotels. We got to know the staff and the other guests, we got to go to the beach at 11:00 in the morning and there was still plenty of room to sit and read a book under an umbrella, there is always a chair open at the bar, and we did not wait in line for anything at the hotel. Most importantly, the pace was relaxed and laid back. This is exactly what we wanted, a relaxing vacation, and what we got at the Jamaica Inn.

It's hard to believe but this little hotel offered everything the mega resorts do with fewer guests (50 instead of 500) and better service and it was at the same price point or even less than the mega resorts. So Thanks Eric! Please keep doing exactly what you are doing! My wife and I enjoy travelling and there is so much of the world that we have not seen that we don't often go back to the same places, but we will be returning to the Jamaica Inn.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great with wonderful ocean views
7  Thank DanTheMan3g
JamaicaInn2, Guest Relations Manager at Jamaica Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Hello DanTheMan3g,
Thank you for your five star review! We appreciate you choosing Jamaican Inn to spend your first Jamaican holiday. The staff, ambiance and experience are bar none and we endevour to provide authentic experiences for all our guests. It was an absolute delight hosting you and your wife and we hope to have the pleasure of hosting you both again soon!

All the very best until we see you again.

Regards,
Sherlene

Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

We have just returned from a holiday at Jamaica Inn, we enjoy traveling and staying in different places but Jamaica Inn is the only place we do return to. This is the eighth time we have stayed here over the past 14 years and the warmth of the welcome never changes with every member of staff genuinely pleased to “welcome you home”.. A private uncrowded beach with option to be active if you choose or simply do nothing and relax with a complimentary rum punch. Choose to have lunch served on the beach on your veranda or even go to the restaurant if you feel energetic enough to walk a few yards up from the beach bar. We will return to enjoy again

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank swcross5
Reviewed 28 November 2017

My wife and I have had the opportunity to frequently visit many of the resorts in Jamaica including those characterized as being the best and we believe the Jamaica Inn stands far above all of them. The property is amazing with beautiful accommodations and a picturesque private beach. The staff and service are incredible and the reason we will be coming back for many years to come. Thank you for making our holiday time such a great and memorable experience!

Stayed: November 2017