All reviews ocho rios area every morning paddle boards elvis bryan villa excursions snorkeling vacation couples butler ocean
Reviewed 19 January 2016

I spent Christmas and Boxing day at "Scotch on the Rocks", joining my family and extended family who were staying there.

The house is ideally located in Ocho Rios just a hop away from the main attractions yet entering the property gates whisks you to a private paradise.
The grounds are beautifully kept with all types of exotic foliage, we were assisted by staff my son met me and whispered "Mom, the chef is awesome!" He was right. The house is lovely with an "old world charm" very well maintained, furnished and decorated with a magnificent view of the sea and dock where you can idle the time away surrounded by lapping waves.
As lovely as "Scotch on the Rocks" is the real gem is the staff. Cherry and Elvis manned the kitchen and the smells that wafted out caused me to constantly peek in to see what goodies awaited us at mealtime. I was never disappointed.

Brian, the waiter, made a "wicked" rum punch which kept us asking for refills as he discreetly hovered.

Clearly I could go on and on. Great place for a retreat, family vacation, just go you won't be sorry.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank veggiequeenja
Reviewed 4 January 2016

My family along with another couple and their children had the privilege of staying at Scotch on the Rocks this past Christmas week. The home was amazing but what really made our stay "off the charts" was the incredible staff that took care of us. We can't thank the staff enough for their warmness and understanding of our 2 children with special needs. My family has traveled to many Caribbean destinations and by far we have never been treated so well and had the most delicious food. I would definitely highly recommend

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank janinemorris27
Reviewed 22 December 2015

This property exceeded our expectations. We have booked houses online before and we are never certain if the online pictures will match the reality. In this case, reality was better than the pictures.

The location is amazing - right on the ocean. The balcony overlooks the water and there are easy steps down to the ocean dock. We spent our time at the dock swimming or on the balcony relaxing.

Where this property really stands out though is the staff. They take care of absolutely everything for you - cooking, groceries, cleaning, laundry, entertaining, scheduling tours, shopping - your vacation is complete relaxation.

We went with friends and had a fantastic time. As soon as we left, we started planning our next trip to bring our children to this outstanding vacation spot.

The location is great, the house and ocean are amazing - but what made this out best vacation ever was the wonderful and kind staff. We most definitely will be back!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2015 via mobile

It was complete paradise,very clean and amazing food that was fresh and healthy. service was also great and they assisted in all needs we didn't even want to go off property because it was so beautiful

Date of stay: March 2015
5  Thank Kodyboy1
Reviewed 3 March 2015

When New York City was in a deep Siberian freeze, we escaped to a Jamaican paradise in Ocho Rios at the super awesome villa called "Scotch on the Rocks." It was the ultimate family winter break with sunshine, warmth, good vibes and the Jamaican way of life to renew your spirit.
We loved it so much, we created a blog post. Please read here

Date of stay: February 2015