“DELISH!”

Toscanini Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 114 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 38
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are an authentic Italian restaurant located just outside the resort town of Ocho Rios, Jamaica. The property is an original plantation house that also houses an art gallery featuring famous local works of art.
Reviewed 11 May 2017

We (4 of us) all savored the freshly made pasta and locally caught fish/seafood. Recommendations: marinated marlin, lobster and bacon pasta. The owner loved mingling with the guests, both describing all the dishes, as well as detailing the history of the restaurant. She discreetly disappeared to allow us to savor the ambiance of this wonderful restaurant.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Toscanini Restaurant

Reviewed 9 May 2017

Visited Toscanini's recently and had a shrimp dish which was delectable. We come here for the coffee all the time as it is the best tasting coffee I have had.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

I had to reply to the last review about the tiramisu at Toscanini....since the year Toscanini opened my family has been eating the tiramisu that p.g. (owner and chef) makes...it is made with eggs, cream, coffee and lady finger sponge cake, always fresh and always made this way.....one of the many delicious desserts served at this best in Jamaica restaurant........

2  Thank vincent d
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

My family celebrated my sisters 60th birthday at this restaurant.
Over several months my niece communicated with one of the owners.
I myself have dined at this restaurant several times and was never disappointed. I strongly recommended this place from my past experience.
What happened I don't know the night of my sister's birthday dinner. The service was very poor and the food was not really what we expected. I don't know if it's because we were 11 people and considered local Jamaicans was that a factor it shouldn't good service should be given to everyone. There was no serve we waited for everything and when it came there was not enough to feed 11. We are not big eaters but most of us did not get enough to eat. The fish that was served was so dry it was hard to eat. The worst thing is they whipped cream with vanilla and sprinkled coco powder and called Tiramisu. Shame!!
The Owner was the only one from the staff that even acted like we were there. My niece was so upset,she wanted this evening to be so special but it was far from that.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
ToscaniniJA, Owner at Toscanini Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

Hello,

My sincerest apologies on behalf of Toscanini. We're sorry that you feel this way-- it is the exact opposite of what we pride ourselves on. We value our diners and always try to offer an exceptional experience, but some nights aren't perfect.

The night of your party was an extremely busy evening. The restaurant was packed, we were at maximum capacity, and to add to that, two staffers were sick so we were understaffed. My staff and I did the best we could to tend to everyone equally, but it was just one of those hectic nights where service was spread thin.

As far as the food is concerned, the family member I coordinated with chose the amount of dishes and decided on family style service.

My regrets that your visit did not meet expectation and that mama was disappointed. Please tell her that next time she is in Ocho Rios, we would love to treat her to a complimentary dinner on us.

Lella and Team
Co-Owner | Toscanini

Reviewed 25 April 2017

My wife and I loved every minute at Toscanini. Lella is a natural host and Harmony Hall is a spectacular setting. A real treat in the beautiful parish of St Mary! Thank you very much. We cannot wait to return.

Joseph,

Thank you for the kindwords. I'm so pleased you had a good experience! Looking forward to your return.

Lella and Team