2,978 results
All reviews jerk hut barefoot bar adult pool man made island seabreeze restaurant burger bar nachos italian restaurant stayed in building vip lounge grilled cheese tennis courts main restaurant kids club main pool hot dogs nightly entertainment
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Hello Fellow Travelers,
I am writing a honest review of this hotel.....
This was a birthday getaway with friends. I chose this place due to price and other reviewers saying to give the place a chance. However, I should have listened to the people who rated this place 3 and below.
I arrived to the hotel Tuesday Dec 12 check in was easy no hassle. And they were accommodating to a split stay with my cousin she stayed 2 days and my friend who stayed 2 days. I know the staff are doing the best they can with what they have. But this place should either be remodeled or priced at a different price point. It is not a resort in anyway shape or form. I felt like I was trapped in the hotel smh. Out of all my traveling days this has been the worst hotel I stayed at. The food was HORRIBLE!!! The highlight of my trip was the bar, it was the only way I managed to stay same was continuously drinking the entire time. Please if you don't care about the above mentioned complaints feel free to book. But if you travel and like nice things and places. this is not the place for you. Feel free to ask any questions.....

Date of stay: December 2017
6  Thank luxegirltrips
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Hi luxegirltrips,

My name is Anthony and I thank you for your review of our hotel. I am please to have you as our valued guest. I am very sorry for the experience you had during your stay, specially the condition of our facilities and the quality of food we serve. We always look for ways to improve the services and facilities we offer and I will make sure that your review will be shared with our management for reference and improvements.

Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We have previously been to Jamaica, this is our 6th time in all, we are going back to Holiday Inn for the 4th time, we love this budget friendly hotel, staff are great the place is clean, rooms are cleaned every day to a high standard and the food is great, they can't do enough for you, especially the bar staff and restaraunt staff, last year we went in May we had a great time although it rained everyday but sun in between and we still came home with nice tans. The little beaches are cleaned every day and the little island is great to sunbathe on. Jerk hut is great also and the ala'carte resteraunt are a must. I can never understand why people have to moan about this and that as if they want fine dining and first class service then book a five star hotel, this is a budget resort and a very good one.

Room tip: Five six and seven
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
8  Thank Patricia R
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We came here in July 2017. We had an a amazing time. The only thing is there is lots of seaweed but I guess that's mother nature for ya. The food was great, room was great, kids had a ball. I would recommend updating the teen scene tho.
We are coming back July 2018!!!!!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Alicia H
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This hotel was very clean and the rooms comfortable. The jerk hut was great and Joseph is the man, always friendly and smiling. The bar upstairs in the main building was the best, you get glasses rather than the plastic cups and Damien was a great barman, Yvonne was the best in the main bar in the lobby, always had a smile. The only downside for me being a smoker, was no smoking everywhere apart from 2 smoking areas, I have never been anywhere where you can’t smoke on the beach so for me personally this was an issue so I doubt whether I would go back to this particular hotel. Food was good, plenty of choice, you do have to queue early in the morning to book any of the other restaurants for a decent time slot, we were there for 2 weeks and only managed to get into the Seabreeze and the Italian, both were very good. We had a room in block 5 which was nice. We weren’t aware of the $35 dollar tax that you have to pay at the airport on departure so make sur3 you allow for this.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
7  Thank SuePlymouth
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

This was our first holiday to Jamaica, we love the Caribbean having previously been to the Dominican Republic and Barbados, Jamaica is beautiful and the people are so welcoming and helpful and keen to give you insight into their heritage, we will definitely return and will see more of what the island has to offer.

We booked to stay at the holiday inn for 7 nights in March with first choice, we was a bit dubious at first as this wasn’t are first choice resort and we had never stayed in a 3 star hotel before, we had originally planned to stay in negril but the hotel we chose had sold out. The prices for this hotel had increased by almost £500 pp as it incorporated part of the Easter holiday, and after reading some of the reviews for this hotel was a little anxious at paying over 10 grand for our party of 8 for Just 7 nights. But we was pleasantly surprised and had overall a fabulous holiday.
The resort was tidy and well kept, and had plenty to offer.
Accommodation
We had partial sea view rooms, which offered a offered beautiful view, but could be quite noisy in the evenings so close to the entertainment and pool, if you are planning early nights for day trips etc you may wish for a room further to the back of the resort where it is quieter. Rooms are adequately sized and beds are comfortable. Only thing missing for us was a fridge so we could have cold water in the room. Safe, iron, ironing board and hairdryer included in room at no extra cost.Towels and bedding changed daily.
Food & Dining
The buffet restaurant has plenty of options for everyone and never any long queues to be seated. Try to avoid going after 9pm as the food is then on the cooler side. The staff are very helpful and organised. We went to the Italian restaurant which was good we was unable to get a reservation for the Caribbean restaurant during our stay. The huts along the beach was really good offering jerk chicken and pork, nachos , hotdogs, burgers and ice cream in between the restaurant opening times.
There’s plenty of drinks to chose from inc red stripe beer and cocktails although most cocktails are ready mixed in tubs and taste watery. The Jamaican coffee is very good.
Pools.
Good size and the daytime entertainment is in the centre of the main pool area. Plenty of sun beds for everyone although you do still get people reserving them at 5 am. We didn’t use the adult only pool area as 2 of our party was only 17.
Beach
Beach area also has a lot of sun beds , the sand is a bit gritty but otherwise lovely. It is a private beach and secluded so no street vendors on the beach. The island is lovely that you can walk or swim out too, there are plenty of sun beds on there too, and it offers a refreshing sea breeze making it feel deceivingly cooler. You can snorkel and see the fish around the rocks of the island. The non motorised sports activities are free to use.
Entertainment.
The entertainment team work tirelessly and include everybody. The steel band were great. You can go on day trips via your travel rep or can be booked through the hotel. I recommend margaritaville in Montego Bay, the bob Marley museum, negril and ricks cafe, although if it’s cloudy you won’t get to see the sunset there. The weather was mostly lovely but did rain all day for two days of our visit.
Everyone is friendly and overall this is a lovely place to stay and enjoy Jamaica.

Date of stay: March 2018