“NICE VACATION”

Ranked #11 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 3 August 2015

our travel was july 10-17 Immediately upon entering the resort, we were welcome
by guy name Kevin who was very very nice the entire time . the room was clean and nice. the resturants on site was good. the only thing bad was the fridge was never cold. ALL THE LADIES THAT WORK IN THE FRONT LOBBY HAD RUDE ATTITUDE LIKE I OWED THE SOMETHING. MANY TIME I HAD LET THEM KNOW. ALL THE HOUSEKEEPER WAS POLITE. THE POOL STAFF WAS GREAT. WILL RETURN

2  Thank lashaymo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 3 August 2015

We just returned from Secrets St James after spending 6 days for our 15 year anniversary and my 60th birthday and it was an incredible experience. My husband and I felt that this was one of our better vacations. We did the romantic dinner on our anniversary date in the gazebo and it was beautiful.

Room Tip: Keep patio shut to avoid mosquitoes
3  Thank Leilani L
Reviewed 2 August 2015

Our travel was Jul 26- Aug 1st.
Immediately upon entering the resort, we were welcomed (with rum punch of coarse!!)
Our stay was extra memorable due to our concierge Shevanie Johnson (The best concierge in all of JAMAICA.!!!)

Pros:
Great Quality food everywhere-
Jerk Chicken cart and Coconut cart were great.
Over 15 restaurants and bars
Friendly staff - every one of them
Clean, well kept property and rooms
Beautiful views of the multiple beaches and hillsides
Luxury all around in every detail and all of it included
Lots of activities throughout the day
Drinks brought to you on the beach
Quality of food in restaurants was excellent
Rooms were large and had Jetted tub, shower, and toilet all separated

Cons:
Could have used more authentic Jamaican breakfasts (Ackee & Codfish) etc.
More parties on the beach!!! wonderful beach, use it more at nights.

Room Tip: Best ocean views are on the 3rd to 5th floors.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Warren A
Reviewed 2 August 2015 via mobile

Great Resort. FRIENDLY staff. Grounds and rooms are kept impeccable. The lobby is beautiful.

Shout out to Shan, the customer service rep, I want to move to jamaica and become her BFF. She was amazing.

Lots of food choices. I'm from NYC,, it's hard to please my palate when it comes to food..All inclusive food is bland to me everywhere. To be honest I thought the buffet had the tastiest options. Jamaican jerk cart was slammin! A little too spicy for my husband, however, you can opt for no sauce and this tones the chicken down.

Beach: gorgeous. Drink service available on beach. Towels available for everyone. I found enough seating on beach.

It's a great resort, I will defintiely stay at a secrets property again if I was to do all inclusive.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ksegg
Reviewed 2 August 2015

Firstly most of what you read is true.
Fridge not cold enough
Bathroom funny set up
Blah Blah Blah
But anyone who says the food is not amazing or the staff are not the nicest people you would ever want to meet are crazy.
Had a great time and loved every minute.
Message to anyone checking out weather report..!!!! (Just ignore it) We went mid July for 11 days and if weather report had been correct we would have been sat in thunder storms for the whole holiday. LOL..Not the case.. Amazing weird weather. Blazing sun with thunder miles away so loud it sounded like the building was falling down. One hour of rain for whole holiday.
Sea gorgeous and calm and warm. Grounds beautiful. But I think the staff made the holiday so good. Spa treatment was good also.
Basically a wonderful adult holiday, very relaxing and couldn't ask for more.

12  Thank Tish R