We stayed at Carlyle between 25th July to 6th August and had a wonderful time, it was our honeymoon and everything was as close to perfect as possible!
Staff: All the staff are great and really do their utmost to take care of you throughout your stay - they really are so friendly and polite - I have stayed all over the world and have not experienced hospitality like I did in Jamaica! Lance the General Manager is a friendly chap and his skills have obviously been filtered down to his staff. All the staff were great but there are several which stood out; Dacia who served us breakfast every morning, she is so friendly and has a great sense of humour which puts you in a good mood for the rest of the day. Sushana on reception, she is so friendly every time Beccy and I passed reception she made conversation with us and paid us compliments at night when we dressed in our best ready for our evening meal. Denise the barmaid along with Devine, these giys were great, my wife even did Denise's eye makeup for her one day this is how friendly and relaxed the staff are.Other staff who were also great included Jevan, Paul, Vanessa and Doreen but all were fantastic!
Food & Drink; Well what can I say all was fantastic, foods to suit all pallets and top quality drink served all day/night - we mostly eat at Royal or Montego Bay but food was equally as good at Carlyle the times we eat there!
Accommodation: when we first arrived we were given a room on the 2nd floor that had no balcony, looked onto the bins at a side lane and had a really basic 80's style bathroom - I immediately complained and we were moved to one of the rooms with a balcony on the 3rd floor, this was done with no extra cost. Would strongly recommend you book 3rd floor as 1st and 2nd floor rooms are the ones that have not had a refurb and are really quite innequate. Overall the room was nicely furnished, had nice view of sea and bathroom was nice but quite small. The rooms are certainly not as depicted in the brochure they are still nice but don't expect 5 star standard or you will be disappointed. It's about 3-4000 dollars cheaper to stay at Carlyle so this is a good incentive and you get full use of facilities at the other resorts, the carlyle is quaint, quiet and romantic and lovely to come back to - service is by far the best at Carlyle out of 3 resorts
We had a great time and will definately be back to Carlyle for one of ouranniversaries - don't let my room review put you off I was only being honest, as realise some people may be expecting them to be fancier than they are. - remember Carlyle is only 4 star and rooms exceed 4 star standard (3rd floor)
Lance make sure you pass on my compliments to all of your staff - from Jamie & Beccy room 308 :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •A romantic, intimate atmosphere with personalized service.•The real Jamaican experience; Jamaican smiles and attentive service to make you feel at home instantly.•Small in size yet big on charm and large in value.•Close proximity to Montego Bay 'Hip Strip', where you will find duty free shopping, restaurants, bars and clubs.•24 hour room service for all room levels.•Butler service available for our newly renovated, top category room, the Carlyle Club Ocean View Penthouse.•Complimentary shuttle bus to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Montego Bay “Stay at one play at three”, where you can enjoy eighteen dining experiences.•Voted Sandals “World's Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row.•Voted “Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Prestigia so you can book your Sandals Carlyle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Carlyle Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Hotel Montego Bay
- Sandals Inn Jamaica
- Sandals Jamaica
- Sandals Montego Bay
- Sandals Inn Montego Bay