5,955 results
All reviewspalms buildingour honeymoonoleander roomalmonds buildingcucina romanatokyo joesstew fishbutler servicepiano barbayside restaurantsea grapesroyal caribbeanclose to the airportcafe de parismain barwater skiingwater sports
Reviewed 5 April 2018

My husband and I recently (March 14-24) spent our first Caribbean vacation here. It was exactly what we dreamed of. We had one of the oversized beach front suites with 2 butlers, Michael and Nasha, who were very attentive and helpful. They made our dinner reservations, saw to it that our every little need was met. The room was also lovely and tidied up and cleaned about 3 times a day it seemed. The young ladies who brought us wonderful drinks on the beach, Terri and Shana Kay were very attentive and we enjoyed them very much. The food in all the restaurants was very good. We loved the Bayside buffet in the morning for a daily Jamaican dish, and other excellent choices, (I loved their scrambled eggs), and at lunch we really liked the Pizza Shack where they served up wood fired pizzas. The bartenders were great, in fact our two favorite waitresses Georgette and Gerdeen spoiled us everyday with great company and attention. There were lots of things to do. My husband and I are active and he enjoyed the volleyball while I enjoyed playing shuffleboard with him, swimming in the beautiful water everyday and then dressing to go out for an either fancy dinner or scaled down dinner,
We took the zip line, water float, and ATV tour to Chukka and enjoyed that very much.
The grounds are so beautiful and well maintained and we even enjoyed the polite cats who sat with us outside at dinner sometimes.
We had gone to an all inclusive in Cabo last year, but this was hands down the most wonderful, excellent vacation we have ever had. Definitely worth the long flight (we are from California). We loved it so much that I have been dreaming about the lovely Jamaican people and we have booked for the same time next year to return.
We highly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: The beachfront suites were perfect.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Mary Lou B
Reviewed 4 April 2018

This review is honest from somebody who has visited many Sandals resorts. Our arrival process was great. We arrived at the resort very early. We were prepared for our room not to be ready and we were going to enjoy the day and wait for it to be ready. Much to our surprise Kadeem worked some magic and was able to get us into our room quickly. Our house keeping lead Annett was great. She was so sweet and apologetic that our room was not cooled down yet. We were totally fine with it.
Our overall experience was good. Usually I would write a glowing review about how amazing the resort and staff are, but to us this resort was a bit of a letdown. It was not one big thing that tainted us; just an overall experience.
The resort itself was very nice. Our room was not an upgraded room and that is okay with us. We are not room people. It was a nice room with a beautiful view. We did not notice any construction.
The beach is beautiful. There were plenty of chairs on the beach.
We are more pool people, so I will blame myself for not looking closely at the pools. What is labeled as the main pool is actually the quiet pool. It looks like a typical swimming pool and the scuba lessons take place here. The other pool (piano bar pool) is okay and we spent the majority of our time at the piano bar pool. The pool is by the ocean which is nice but it is small and the “swim up bar” is a few pool stools in front of a window. Not bad, but not what we are used to at other resorts. We still had a good time.
The entertainment staff was great. They knew we (and people we met) were there to have a good time and were great. A shout out to Trishana and Saphair. They were great and a lot of fun.
As for the bar staff a couple of bartenders really stood out; Damian and Romario. They always knew what we were going to order and made sure were taken care of…. including a lot of water.
We are simple when it comes to food so we thought the food was great. I have celiac and the resort was accommodating.
The planes departing are not a bother. You actually get used to it. You can waive to them, kiss your significant other or play a drinking game.
I have read the reviews about how people thought the staff was very friendly. Unfortunately, we did not think that was the case. As return guests we have grown accustom to be treated a certain way. A way that every guest should be treated. Sandals always goes above and beyond for their guests to make them feel special, however, overall, we found the majority of the staff to be cold and unfriendly including the loyalty desk.
While we will not go back to this resort we do look forward to many more Sandals vacations.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Turtle1323
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

It’s taken me a while to get back into the grind but just need to say that our recent stay was AMAZING! 3/12 - 3/16 and left just prior to the 3rd March Nor’easter hit New England. Yes we got hate mail :-)

This is our fifth vacation in Jamaica and our second stay with Sandals MoBay. It was nothing short of perfect again! We stayed at the beachside millionaire butler suites and they live up to their name, beautiful suite and a little removed from the main resort, but just a short stroll.

Everything you could ask for. Thank you so much to the amazing staff, all of you!

Day trip to Negril highly recommended and cliff diving at Rick’s!

THANK YOU SANDALS WE WILL BE BACK SOON!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank Scott W
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I came here a few times while staying at another Sandals. I loved this resort, but than again I am a social butterfly and there was LOTS of people everywhere. The beach was stunning! This resort has a hut like place in the water where you can get a little bit of shade while in the water. At times it can get pretty full,but people were always coming and going. The water was a little choppy out past where you could go swimming, so just be aware. Just like the other Sandals the beach fills up fast! So I would recommend getting a spot early. I did a lot of laying around on this beach and hung out in the water drinking my Bob Marleys =)

There is a good variety of food to choose from on this resort right near the beach, which was nice. The bathrooms were always clean, the service was outstanding. everyone that I ran into was SUPER friendly and great. They have nicer restaurants also in the evening. Some places need reservations. If you're staying at another Sandals, check in with the front desk! Same with the gift shops, you can charge merchandise to your room at your resort. Cannot wait to come here again!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Trish S
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Room great but most of all our Butlers Carlene and Palmer were amazing I every wayMy room was decorated for myBirthday.We have made friends for life All food great beach and rounds were lovely,Wehad a 15 stay and could have stayed longer if we could have time and money

Stayed: March 2018
4  Thank Maureen C
Kellena H, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Montego Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hi Maureen!

Thank you for your review on our Sandals Montego Bay. We are happy to know that you had another fantastic holiday at our resort. As a returning guest, we realize that you are very familiar with our standards of excellence and we certainly strive to see that these are upheld at all of our resorts. Therefore, we were delighted to read that expectations were exceeded once again. It is also great to know that you were particularly impressed with our world class Butlers; Carlene & Palmer and their exemplary service provided to you. Your kind words will definitely be forwarded to their management team, so they too can know that their hard work played a great part in you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back home for yet another fantastic vacation!