“Great affordable place to stay during our first trip to Jamaica.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Montego Bay
Ridgeway Guest House
Ranked #34 of 61 Hotels in Montego Bay
Edmonton, AB
“Great affordable place to stay during our first trip to Jamaica.”
Reviewed 8 May 2010

We stayed at Ridgeway Guest House a couple of years ago, but I still remember how much we appreciated Colin's hospitality. We were relatively young when we made our trip to Jamaica and didn't really have any plan on what to do when we got there. Colin gave us advice and things to see and do, as well as places to eat. If you are patient, he will drive you to the beach or the main strip for no cost. The guest house itself is located on a well landscaped property and our room was clean and air conditioned. We loved the fact that we had a balcony and would hang out there in the evening listening to people listening to music, laughing and singing around a bonfire somewhere nearby. I would recommend this guest house for travellers who are on a budget and don't mind a walk or drive to the beach. If you are used to staying in all-inclusive resorts this may not be the place for you.

• Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank NRF_Ed_AB
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Fayettville AR
Reviewed 28 November 2007

We loved our stay here it was a while ago but it is still fresh in my mind. Dont let the locals fool you, you can walk from the Airport to the guest house, or if your on top of things have Collin pick you up. He is a wonderful man, he showed us around the night we arrived in his car, telling us where to eat, and what not to do on the island!! Not to mention we loved our room, great veiw out to the ocean, and so quiet there!! The night before we left there was music wafting in our room that night, it was so beautiful and lulled us off to sleep, cant wait to come back, as we know where we will stay while in Montego!! I feel that it is easy to walk down to the beach from there, just keep on your toes crossing the street, they move fast and backwards to us Americans!! It is a 15 min. leasurly walk to Doctors Cave beach, which we really enjoyed too!!! You'd be dumb not to stay here in my opinion cause you get the real island vibe out where it's at!!

Stayed August 2006
6 Thank Jaded_grl
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 21 October 2007

I just read Sailorman51's review from September 2007 and was reminded of how wonderfully Colin treated me back in January 2004. I was going through some crazy emotional stuff, and Colin's hospitality, kindness, great service and excellent accommodations were just great and somehow therapeutic.

When I explained that I taught yoga, he showed me the area he was building for conference rooms and yoga and related events. Now, more than three years later, I will travel back to Mo Bay to see what business I can bring from Minnesota TO Colin at his excellent guest house. Kudos and thanks to you, Colin.

• Liked — Clean
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed January 2004, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9 Thank gaia-ji
Sarasota, Fl
Reviewed 28 September 2007

It was a very alarming moment when I arrived at the Montego Hotel directly across from the Montego Bay Airport in Jamaica and realized that my pocket had been picked enroute, and that my wallet containing all cash and credit cards were gone. The very attractive desk clerk could only smile and say, "Sorry sir, without cash or a credit card there is nothing I can do to help you." At that point I had no option but to trek (On foot with heavy bags) next door to the Ridgeway Guest House. Sweating profusely, and extremely frustrated I was met at the door by owner/manager Colin Tatem who invited me in and personally fixed a large pitcher of ice water which I downed as I poured out my tale of woe. It was not long before using his telephone I arranged for a Western Union money transfer, and Mr. Tatem again personally drove me to pick up the cash,including a stop at a restaurant for food to go. All at no extra charge. My day was saved, and I spent the night in his most excellent air conditioned guest house . But the story did not end there. He insisted upon arising at 5:30 the next morning to again personally drive me to the airport to make sure that I made my flight on time. It occured to me that I had never encountered such kindness when traveling. Many, many thanks! Cecil Tindel, Sarasota, Florida

• Stayed July 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
15 Thank Sailorman51
jamaica plain, MA
Reviewed 8 September 2007

Comfortable & affordable, with a delightfully hospitable staff and host. I stayed here for 3 nights while travelling through Jamaica with friends in 8/07, and while the guesthouse wasn't terribly accessible to Doctor's Cove by foot, Colin (our generous host) drove us to the beach several times and went out of his way to make our stay convenient and enjoyable. The accomodations were clean and roomy--and the A/C, TV, and balcony were added bonuses. Don't expect resort-style luxury, but do expect a lovely, homey, and cheap spot to relax during your time in MoBay. You'll get your money's worth at Ridgeway--especially thanks to the friendly and helpful service. The place is run by good-hearted, quality people!

• Liked — excellent service (attentive & hospitable staff), clean & comfy rooms
  • Disliked — distance from the beaches & limited dining options
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with friends
1.6 km away
Montego Bay Club Resort
Montego Bay Club Resort
#33 of 61 in Montego Bay

Been to Ridgeway Guest House? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK