“Safe and comfortable”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Montego Bay
Ridgeway Guest House
Ranked #34 of 61 Hotels in Montego Bay
Quebec
“Safe and comfortable”
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We visited Montego Bay in February 2012 and Collin and the Ridgeway guest house made the trip feel safe and secure! We were four girls and we were really happy to stay in such a safe place, and yet in the middle of the real life, not in a resort. The prices were reasonable, rooms were really nice and clean and the location is rather good. It is near the airport and there is a private beach (guarded and safe, entrance fee around 5 dollars/day) within 15 minute walk or 3 dollar taxi ride. The owner Collin was really really nice, picked us up from the airport and took us there when we left, helped us with all the things we needed. There was also a car rental place in the ridgeway complex, so it was easy to rent a car for a day and the prices were good. All in all, Montego Bay was a nice place as we wanted to see Jamaica but felt that Kingston would be a bit too much for us. I could really recommend Ridgeway to someone who wants to stay couple of nights near Montego Bay before continuing to other sides of the island. Nice and comfortable with good price.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank katariina H
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Miami
Reviewed 12 April 2012

My girlfriend and I had an overnight stay at the Ridgeway Guest House last year as we were in Jamaica for my sisters wedding which was taking place at the Beaches Resort in Ocho Rios. After spending a week at the Beaches Resort, I was somewhat disappointed because it didn't feel like the Jamaica that I had expected. Don't get me wrong, I had a great time with my family and friends, but the resort seemed to be missing that "something" that makes visiting a different country special. I had made arrangements to stay at Collins' place in Montego Bay the day before our flight back home. Collin was awesome! He went out of his way to make sure we were comfortable and happy with our room. The rooms were spotless and I genuinely felt at home. After talking to him about our trip, He basically could not have us leave the next day without experiencing a little bit of the real Jamaica. He took us around in his car showing us the best places to go and, most importantly, where not to go. After a quick tour of the "strip," he dropped us of at this place called the "Pork Pit." Now if your into "jerk," then you must stop there! Most AMAZING jerk chicken I've ever had!! We then spent the rest of the evening bar hopping the strip until 2 AM. My experience at the Ridgeway Guest House was over a year ago to date, but i can honestly say that day in Montego MADE my trip... and its all thanks to Collin.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ericrnunez
Denton
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We stayed here one night because we had a flight out at 6:30 a.m. and were told we needed to be at the airport at least 3 hrs. early (not true, btw). The Ridgeway is right across from the airport.

The pros: We had room 6 with 2 queen beds, the place was spotless, had a/c, fan, refrigerator, coffee, safe, good shower. We had a private balcony with a view of the water. We were able to get free wi-fi in our room.The owner (Colin) took us downtown to shop and got up at 3:15 to take us to the airport!

The cons: There is nothing around the guesthouse. It is right next door to the Univ. of the West Indies and there is a small, hot snack bar but it closes at 7:30 p. and they were out of food when we went. There is no place to get snack or drinks. There is a hotel w/restaurant about 2 blocks away but it is up a very long and steep hill and it is quite a hike. And, there is a disco bar nearby that plays loud music from about 10:00 to . . . it was stilll playing when we left at 3:15!

If you are coming in late or leaving early, this is a very convenient place to stay . . . and Colin will do everything he can to make you happy.

Sandy (in Denton)

Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank behrens1
Reviewed 5 March 2012

The owner is friendly and goes out of his way to accomodate guests. We(four adults)stayed for four nights in January 2012. Colin picked us up at the airport, answered many of our questions that we had about the area, explained how to use the local transportation and took us to the local bus station(a main hub to catch buses going to and from tourist destinations around the island). Since our expectations are not based on a 5 star resort scale, we were completely satisfied.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank scrilla1998
Kingston, Jamaica
Reviewed 28 January 2012

i went to montego bay to do business, the guest house i normally stay was book solid because of the jazz and blue concert, every were i call was full when i call Mr Collin at Ridgeway Guet house he told me he has one room left i was so glad when i get there he was on the out side waiting for me he help me to my room he was so warm and friendly he took me to get some thing to eat because i was tired of driving he make sure i was comfortable he alway check to see if am ok. Ridgewaw Guest house is my new spot for staying when every time am in montego bay

Room Tip: i stay in a room were it has a nother room with two small bed in it good for family with children