“love the royal the best”

Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island
Ranked #7 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Waterford, Michigan
“love the royal the best”
Reviewed 13 June 2012

we were on the resort from may 14 until may 23, 2012 and enjoyed it very much....love michael who is the egg man in the morning he has a smile and was always very nice....when he had a day off the egg place was not the same no days off for michael.. i can not say enough about Arnold the hotel manager out of all the ones we have met he by far beat them hands down...christopher works breakfast and in the french restaurant i think you are missing out on a very good employee who is very willing to learn...maybe have him in manager training...eric from maintence is very pleasant to everyone he meets....ann marie was the bar trainee bringing drinks down to the far away quiet pool was always smiling...one bad thing i say ziggy from the beach grill was a big lost because people would return to see him....he was a stinker but he was always having fun...we need to talk about the pub kevin (big bird) alwayne (scooby) make the pub what it is along with the bar tender which right now i cant remember his name (sorry)...this was our 3rd trip here and will be back again in the year 2013

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,434)
  • Greek first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I will never return here again. If on vacation you must be on high alert at all times, it is no longer a place of relaxation and fun. My iPhone was stolen out of a honeymoon suite while everyone attended the wedding procession. I am certain that it was taken by either the cleaning ladies or butlers.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
13 Thank BrooklynLee
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We really enjoyed our experience. The food was good, the people were very friendly, our room was very nice. The butler service was lacking. We only saw them when we asked for them. Even went a whole day and half without hearing from them once. They said they would book a place to eat and we'd show up to no reservation. We were only able to eat once in our room for breakfest and later found out we could have more. They were suppose to set up a place on the beach for us each day and only did the first day. They really weren't worth the extra money. I have heard much better butler services at other Sandals locations. Otherwise, we loved our stay. Lots of things to do! We loved the snorkeling! We look forward to going back! We used Beach Bum Carey at carey@beachbumvacation.com to book our trip. She was amazing, very helpful with no pressure to choose something more expensive. She made everything really easy and found us a great deal, better than the resort could offer us. We recommend her to everyone. We will use her again!

Room Tip: We were in the Romeo/ juliet rooms that had a swim up area. It was nice and the room was beautiful...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa P
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I'll start out by saying this is only the second time I've stayed at an all inclusive resort. The first was in mexico two years ago but I heard a lot of good things about Jamaica and thought I'd give it a try. Using mexico as a comparison I'll start with the negatives; our room was suposed to be an upgrade but was very small outdated dark drab and in need of a major makeover, Wifi was an additional fee of $14.00 per day or $47.00 per week! if you drink beer you better like Redstripe or Redstripe light because that's all the serve! They have an English pub with Guiness signs all over the place so you would think they serve Guiness beer? wrong!!! Now the positives; we never had to wait for seating at any of the restaurants, the resort was actually smaller then the brochure indicated but that was ok with us, as pointed out in other reviews the beach area was small but in my opinion never cramped, the food was excellent. Overall we didn't spend a whole lot of time in the room so that ended up being a non factor but for me the Redstripe beer just wasn't cutting it and for that reason alone I'm going back to Mexico on our next all inclusive!

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Paul C
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2012

We have just come back from SRC and we had a relaxing and enjoyable time.

Our room was nice and large, not the one shown on the website, the only issue I'd have with it is that I can't understand why they insist on these shower over tub combinations, I think a walk in shower would be much better. The room was kept beautifully clean and the fridge was stocked every day. A nice touch in the room would have been a can of Baygon or Raid like in other Caribbean hotels as the bugs there are nasty.

The food was good, we ate at every restaurant and the service was great. Again my niggle would be two BBQ's in a week which means all or most of the restaurants were closed and if you're not fond of that way of eating you're stuck. Luckily the Cricketers was open one of the night so we ate there and as everyone has said the Cricketers is great fun. Tip make sure you book the restaurants that need booking at the beginning of your stay.

As per most of these resorts there is a quiet beach and pool and fun beach and pool. We stayed in the quiet ones which were great although there isn't a bar at the quiet pool we were often asked if we wanted a drink and really the bars aren't that far away. I think if we were real beach lovers we wouldn't have been happy with how crowded the main beach was. We chose the SRC as it was near the airport if you're a real beach lover I'd go to Negril I've not been to the Sandals there but I'm sure it's really good and I do know the beach is fantastic. However we were more than happy.

We spent a day on the island in a Cabana and really enjoyed it. Thank you Nicole you made our day perfect!

I went to the gym most mornings, it was very well equipped and clean.

We didn't use the Spa as quite frankly I thought it was too expensive I thinK $130.00 for a 50 minute treatment plus tax plus I'm assuming tip, is too much. If they lowered their prices they wouldn't need to send the Spa staff out looking for business. In a top spa in Bath it would on cost $80.00 for an hour.

So apart from a few niggles we had a very enjoyable and relaxing holiday. The resort was beautiful and Sandals staff are great.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
10.1 km away
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
11.6 km away
Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK