7,199 results
All reviews sunset beach water park lazy river the grill jerk chicken italian restaurant pirate ship grilled cheese water shoes swim up bar sea urchins kids club food was great family resort french fries hot dogs adult pool
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Great stay. People and food are lovely. Especially the ground provisions (dasheen, yam, Irish and ting)... Inclusive members of staff who have fantastic hospitality skills. If Marshalee is on shift, you are in for a treat :) The shows include roots and culture yet cater for the western world and commercial music/entertainment. Games include basketball, ping pong, volleyball and football to name a few. Very fun and competitive amongst other "competitors" from all over the world

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Kristianclarke11
Shaudae B, Econcierge at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Good Day,

Thank you for such a lovely review and it was a pleasure having you at our resort and hearing of the great tasting Jamaican food that you so enjoyed. We are a fun family resort and our goal is for complete satisfaction for all.

Looking forward to your next visit. Have a sunsational day.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We stayed at the Sunset Splash the week of March 26 for spring break. First the bad - we paid for an ocean view room but when we arrived we found the view from the room was actually another building. The ocean was visible in a teeny little sliver between buildings. We asked for a room that actually had the ocean view we paid for and we given a room right on the beach - for $50 a night more. I was ticked off about that, felt like a bait and switch - but we paid it and enjoyed the room. The bathroom door was broken and my 16 year daughter found herself locked in there while my husband and I were at breakfast. Maintenance did come and repair the door the same day.
The food was excellent in every restaurant and at the buffet. The resort was not very busy the first few days we were there and the food at the buffet was abundant and fresh. Later in the week as more people arrived, the staff was having a bit of trouble keeping the buffet stocked. We got there late one afternoon for lunch and the soup was gone and did not get replaced as did the fruit bar.
There wasn't much to do that interested a 16 year old so we sat on the beach a lot and just relaxed (which is the point of a vacation anyway, right?)
We took two excursions, one to Dunn River Falls and Blue Hole and one to a catamaran ride. Both were a total blast and I highly recommend both. The tour guide on the Dunn River and Blue Hole excursion was very friendly and informative. I have dietary restrictions and they were very willing to accommodate me. Dunn River Falls wasn't a whole lot of fun. Basically you climb a man made waterfall while holding hands in a line of about 15 people. The younger, stronger people in front of me were going too fast for the older, less agile people behind me to keep up. It struck me as a bit dangerous. But Blue Hole was amazing. It was a much smaller group and the guides were very invested in making sure we had a good experience. My daughter did a 25 foot cliff jump that blew my mind.
We enjoyed the catamaran cruise. There was an open bar on the boat and my only complaint is that the bartender served shots to a 13 year old girl and to my 16 year old. My daughter didn't drink the shot and I mentioned to the bartender that she was under age. It should have been obvious that she and the 13 year old were too young. The snorkeling and swimming off the coast of Montego Bay was unremarkable but fun.

The resort was a bit old but nice and clean. the staff was friendly for the most part. There was one old grouch on the beach bar, but the rest of the staff was friendly, helpful and chatty. Overall we enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Dawn B

Dear Dawn,

It is such joy to read of the wonderful vacation experience you had and the memories created. Our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences experienced and is happy the staff ensured that they were resolved. We understand how precious a relaxing and fun vacation is for you and will contribute to such.

We do look forward to your next visit to our lovely resort.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Spent 2 weeks here in may 2015 was such a fantastic holiday with my partner and son who was 13 at the time. Excellent location bang on the beach which was really well kept the rooms were spotless and the maid was so lovely think her name was Anne Marie food was gorgeous hence the good few pounds we all put on due to the lush desserts!! The atmosphere was so relaxed not snobbish at all which I think can sometimes be the case at 5 star resorts not too big fantastic staff loads to do loved it!! So much so we are thinking of booking our wedding here in 2019 would recommend highly

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank lisawills05

Good Day,

On behalf of the Sunscape team, thank you for choosing our resort and for taking the time to write your review. Our staff and those mentioned will read of the awesome time you had and we will ensure that your next visit is a joyous one. Congratulations again on your special day, we hope to celebrate with you in 2019.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Had a great family vacation with my 10 months old baby at this resort for the Easter long weekend. I was very nervous from the negative reviews about this resort before the trip, but it turned out to be way better than I expected (from the negative reviews). This was our third time to Jamaica, different resort each time.
We had three rooms, no complaints. Drinks were always filled in my room, they were empty for the other two rooms when we just checked it but if you ASK and WAIT they will always be filled/refilled. My room was always cleaned after we came back from breakfast. Everything was in good condition in the rooms, to me I'm there to enjoy the sun and the beach, as long as the room was nice and clean, AC, lights and TV all worked fine, I was happy. Bathroom was nice and clean as well. I don't think it was outdated.
We ate at the buffet during the entire stay, we enjoyed every meal. There were times that the buffet got really busy, tables/food/plates ran out, especially for a group of six adults and a baby, but if you WAIT, they would be refilled. The jerk chicken grill on the beach was a bless. Very good coffee in the small cafe.
I could definitely see the efforts that the hotel staff put in order to give the guests a amazing experience. Especially the extra things they planned for Easter, the decorations, the food, and the Easter parade.
The beach was nice eventhough there were seaweed, and pebbles at certain areas but that's how nature is. My 10 months old baby was playing just fine and sitting on the very shallow parts without whining about anything so the adults should be just fine. We also went on the parasailing and glass bottomed boat, the crew members for the watersports were so nice.
Please remember that you are on a beautiful island to relax and enjoy, you gotta adapt to their pace. The Jamaicans more chilled people, it takes them abit time to get things done! Plus what's the rush when you are in an all inclusive resort. And if you are abit generous with the tip, like $5, the staff would appreciate it and remember you for days, they will go out of their ways to fulfill your requests. I enjoyed my trip and I'm looking forward to go back with my baby and family to this resort again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank yiqun a

Good Day,

Thank you for taking the time to write this beautiful review on your stay with us as we are very thrilled to hear of the great time your baby and yourself had. The experience you had is our aim for you, relax, fun and memorable vacation.

We have activities throughout the day for all our guests and our staff will ensure you have a great time. We will continue making improvements to ensure that your future stay and those of our future guests are memorable and hassle free.

Have a sensational day.

Jerrine B.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I have stayed at the RIU Negril & Bahia Principe. This is by far the worst of the 3. The buffet was repetitive. The desserts were all made with gelatin. I have never had a jiggly peach cobbler....gross. The food at the Italian restaurant was not quality, and my parents never even got their food at the Asian resort. The drinks left much to be desired. The floors were hard and dirty. The water slides are not manned at the top, so it is a free for all. The hotel is overrated and outdated. I will never return to this resort

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Kiara H
Shaudae B, Econcierge at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Kiara,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and it was a pleasure having you. We are sorry to hear of the experience you had and will ensure these issues are addressed. We want for your vacation to be full of great memories.

We do hope to have you with us again where you will enjoy the many improvements we will make.