I have visited Jamaica for many years and this year came back to the Sunset Beach Resort in Monego Bay as a returning guest. My 84 year old Mother was with us. She was a guest here (when it was the Seawind) for 18 years and this visit was her second at what is now the Sunset. What a disappointment for us!! First we were given rooms that overlooked a tin roof, second the rooms smelled of urine and mould. I was sick with asthma as a result for several days!! The only solution offered was to clean the A/C unit filters. And nobody came to check on us after that to make sure we were comfortable. We found the food below average with little selection and a lot of repetition.
One thing we have always loved about Jamaica is the friendly people. The staff there just seemed to go through the motions without much enthusiasm!! There were a few exceptions, one being Shaudae at the guest service desk!!
On a positive note, we were invited to a dinner for returning guests that was very good!!
I was married at this resort in 2008 (it sure has gone downhill since then) so it is with sadness that I can't in good conscience recommend it and will very likely not return!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Consists of two 10-story Sunrise and Sunset Towers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Sunscape Splash Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Beach Resort Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Montego Bay
- Sunset Beach Resort Spa Montego Bay
- Beach Resort Sunset
- Sunset Beach Resort And Spa Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Resort Montego Bay Jamaica
- Sunset Beach Resort Spa Jamaica
- Montego Bay Sunset Beach Resort