“What a stay, which I could have stayed longer!”
Review of Half Moon

Half Moon
Ranked #2 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I went to Jamaica from March 10th to March 15th to attend a family funeral in Mandeville and needed to rest and unwind after the funeral. My family of 4 (with teenagers) stayed at Half Moon for two days in a two bedroom suite and absolutely loved it! I truly enjoyed going out to have coffee on the private porch early in the morning then walking out to a beautiful garden which was only a few yards from the beach. This is definately the place to unwind and rejuvenate

Room Tip: Great in any room or villa
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
HalfMoonARockResort, Manager at Half Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Dear Valued Guests,

We thank you for sharing the beautiful comments regarding your brief visit to Half Moon, A RockResort. It was a pleasure serving you as our treasured guests; we’re happy your stay was all you anticipated.

Again, thank you for sharing on TripAdvisor; we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not- too- distant future.

The Half Moon Team

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 May 2012

Just stay away if you don't like world class service, helpful staff, gourmet food, great golf course and genuine smiles. Thank you very much for a wonderful vacation.

The people who make it worth coming back are the ever so helpful Miss Paula Lilly and her staff, at the bar Elijah and his staff, to many people to mention in the restaurants (Andrew, Leroy, Dudley, Misha, Tashanika, Pauline, Rheneka, Vanessa sorry to all the people i forgot to mention). Special thanks to all the invisible people that make sure that evrything in and outside your room looks as nice as possible.

We will be back.....

Room Tip: If you order a Carribean Cooler make sure to ask for the oldest Appleton Rum in the house and skip t...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guests,

It is always a pleasure receiving feedback from our valued clients; we thank you for taking the time to share about your recent visit to Half Moon, A Rock Resort on TripAdvisor.

Your complimentary comments regarding our dedicated team is highly appreciated, our objective to always provide an experience of a life time for you our valued clients. We will certainly share your comments with the team.

Thank you for choosing Half Moon; we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2012

WE were supposed to spend 4 nights and decided to extend when we entered the Half Moon grounds. We were in room 105, ground floor, i think it was called Hibiscus junior suite. The ground floor one have open floorplan compare to the people on the second fllor who had the same floorplan but with a door / wall dividing the living area from the bedroom. I usually like a separated/closed bedroom and a higher fllor but nothing would have made me change our first floor unit. Each 4 cottages, in those category, had a privite beach access. Verry quiet. The cons are the buds ( mosquito, ants ) that are verry present. The clenailess of public grounds could also be better. The reason i graded a 3 and not a 4 * is because the first night we were in a regular room ( hotel like ) wich was really really dirty ( stairways, balcony, etc ) and not comfortable. We were told thos unit were 50 years old compare to the suite that were renovated 10 years ago and put in flat screen tv recently.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank barbeaujo

Dear Valued Guests,

It’s a great pleasure receiving such lovely feedback regarding your recent visit to Half Moon, A RockResort. Our goal is to provide our valued guests with the best possible experience and exceeding your expectations is our reward.

Thank you for choosing Half Moon and for your comments; we look forward to the pleasure of serving you again soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

I visited Half Moon in April 2012 and was immediately taken with the immaculate grounds and the atmosphere the resort has created for guests. A must is the Fern Tree Spa. The spa grows ingredients used in treatments onsite. I LOVED my Swedish Massage and the staff is incredibly welcoming.

A note for couples looking for a destination wedding location – try the Oleander Terrace at Half Moon. If I could do it over again this is where I would go. The building is beach front and beautiful. My favorite dining experience at Half Moon was Sugar Mill restaurant. We met Solomon Gardener, the maître d’, who has been working at the restaurant for over 40 years! Amazing service and cuisine. Planning my return trip….

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank webercmw
HalfMoonARockResort, Manager at Half Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

Dear Valued Guests,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your recent Half Moon, A RockResort experience on TripAdvisor.

We are happy your expectations were exceed; we will certainly share your beautiful comments with Solomon Gardner and the rest of the team.

Again, thank you for your feedback, we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you 'home' in the not- too- distant future.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

I visited Half Moon Bay with 24 of my colleagues. We were there as a group but not your typical "work group". Our yearly vacations are to connect with each other, have fun, relax and kick back. We did all of these and more. The resort was amazing and so were the staff. The rooms/villa's were amazing. Check in was a breeze and everything was organized for us when we arrived. We all had different types of rooms and they were all beautiful and the majority were all ocean front (not just oceanview). The rooms were huge and so spacious. I'm not sure what category I was in (Cottage 4 Room 44) but it was one of the nicest rooms I've ever stayed in at a resort. Huge balcony with super comfy chairs and lounge chairs too (picture attached). The food was very good and nobody had any complaints. We did the "all-inclusive plan" which I'm glad we did as it is very pricey for both food and drinks.The Italian restaurant - Il Giardino was excellent and the lasagna I ordered was delicious (homemade pasta). One of the guys ordered a cesear salad and he said it was one of the best salads he has ever had. Our last night we had dinner at the Sugar Mill Restaurant and the dinner was excellent as well. We had a pre-set menu because we were a large group and they took great care of us with customized menus with our company name imprinted that was a nice personal touch.

We took advanatage of the activities on the resort - paddle boat, kayak, bicycles, golf and the hobby cat boat. All were great and the staff are so friendly and always willing to please you as their guest. The maids were the best. So sweet and lovely and always with a big smile and they loved our Bob Marley music and said they never got tired of listening to his music. Just so pleasant.

All in all it was an amazing trip and I would love to go back with my family as I know there is so much of the resort that I didn't get to see (we were only there for 4 days) so I'm saving my $$$ as it was worth every penny. The airport was also amazing. I can't remember an airport that had such great shopping (not all junky souvenirs). It had everything. I also bought some of the Blue Mountain coffee so I can make some latte's when I get home as the coffee is delicous down in Jamaica.

This was my first trip to Jamaica and I will be back for sure and I hope to be able to come back to the Half Moon Resort.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank soleillover
HalfMoonARockResort, Manager at Half Moon, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Dear Valued Guests,

We are delighted to receive such beautiful comments regarding your recent Half Moon, A RockResort experience.

We are happy your expectations were exceeded and look forward to creating another experience of a lifetime on your return visit.

We will certainly share your complimentary feedback with the team.

Thank you for choosing Half Moon, A RockResort.