“Horrible Experience - Stolen Watch”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Montego Bay
The Big Apple Hotel
Ranked #50 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Landed in MoBay checked into this hotel for the evening, it is close to the airport and centre of town. I left the room for 1 hour and someone entered the room went through my luggage and stole my watch. The front desk staff were very rude, the manager was not helpful. He suggested that it was my fault for not making sure my room was secure, even though I had locked the door. The safe was broken in the room, however after my watch was stolen and the police attended the manager told me the safe is not really broken, he just doesn't like to get woken up by people who can't get in the safe, so they tell everybody the safe is broken. When the police attended they found the balcony lock was broken and could easily be compromised. I do not recommend anybody stay here, I have since found out this is a common occurence and guests lose items regularly.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
13  Thank Ryan F
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for The Big Apple Hotel

Reviewed 1 August 2012

My overall experience staying here was awful. I have traveled to JA several times, I'm usually there 6 mths out of the yr. A friend recommended I stay here. After a short tour, I decided to say for 10 days. The room had a great view, however the sheets on the double beds were stained, the bathroom floor was sticky & the shower needed to be scrubbed. I expressed my disappointment to the front desk & was told my room would be cleaned. Keep in mind, this was after I paid & checked into the room. The room was never cleaned! The trash can was never changed with a new bag. Any trash I had had to be placed outside the door in order for pick up. LASTLY I WAS ROBBED BY THE CASHIER THAT CHECKED ME IN! He wrote down my credit card number exp. date and the last 3 digits on the back. This cashier used my card to purchase windows, clothes, groceries, and liquior. I discovered I was robbed of $980.15 on my 5 day at this hotel. The owner would NOT cooperate with the police! Long story short, I paid for bad customer service, a nasty room, a robber's home improvement, & several days of working with the Mobay police. My bank reimbursed my funds, however the owner NEVER apologized for the robbery & STILL CHARGED ME FOR THE ROOM!

Room Tip: If you want terrible service but a room was a great view this is your place!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
10  Thank destra g
Reviewed 23 July 2012

My bf and I traveled from st Elizabeth, to enjoy a nice weeknd, Roaches attacked us in the room, running up and down on the floor, and also cornered me in the bathroom,which wasn't swept and had hair and dust on the floor, when I woke up, in the morning after a fierce battle with the cockroaches and I killed two, there was a 6inches 40 legged poisonous creature, crawling around on the floor, we packed and left immediately,

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Donjuise,
Reviewed 30 April 2012

This place was recommended to me. Great location, loved the view. Short trip to entertainment and dining. Loved watching the planes come in. Very relaxing. close to airport.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank MarieIndianapolis
Reviewed 30 April 2012

i want to thank the staff of the big apple, for great service. the hotel was so beauiful and clean . the maid of the hotel did a outstanding job on keeping the room clean,. i came all the way from houston texas to vacation with my boyfreind.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple