“Amazing!! Will definitely stay here again in the...”
other travellers have booked this property
part of living room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
part of living room
kitchen
bed room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 66 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Trichanne...
“Amazing!! Will definitely stay here again in the near future!”
Reviewed 6 September 2018 for a stay in August 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed my experience staying here from start to finish. The renter was extremely friendly and welcoming and I felt completely at home. I enjoyed the freedom of having my own keys and being able to come and go as I pleased. I will definitely be giving this wonderful lady my patronage on my next Jamaican excursion. Thank you for a wonderful time!

BrightEye...
“💚💛Nuh Weh Nuh Betta Den Andria's Yaard!💚💛”
Reviewed 7 July 2018 for a stay in June 2018

The Best Spot To Experience Sweet Jamaica

About the Owners & their home:

Mr & Mrs.Ragbeir home is by far the BEST home I've rented on either side of Sweet Jamdung. This loving couple went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and well accommodated. From the start of my arrival at the airport the owner, Mrs. Andria checked to make sure I was in good hands. When my driver pulled up to her gated home, Mrs. Andria was there waiting with a beautiful smile, a warm welcome, and a hug. She's a woman of petite statue, and she still helped me carry my heavy bags in. The first thing I noticed when I entered her gate was a beautiful, and well manicured /maintained yard with beautiful flowers, and soursop and mangos on the tree. The guesthouse is a private entrance on the side at the rear of her home. There's a patio set outside the guesthouse door for lounging. The doors to the guesthouse has added security, though the neighborhood felt very safe, and the gate at the entrance was all the security we needed. However, Andria's guesthouse has a double barred door (top and bottom) on the inside which is screened in to protect from mosquitos and lizards. The guesthouse was immaculate! There's a leather seating area with a tv to your left when you walk in, and a full kitchen to the right. The kitchen was equipped with granite countertop, a glasstop stove with oven, top and bottom refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, fan, and probably other things I'm failing to mention.

For your convenience, Mrs. Andria provides small bags under the kitchen sink for garbage disposal. There's also a drawer by the kitchen sink that has possible emergency items, as well as brochures of local restaurants nearby. If you're looking for a great Roti in JA, Ali's had an amazing Roti with mango. I promise you won't regret it. On the wall she has the wifi password, as well as a taxi number. She will also provide to you the numbers of her special taxi drivers, and arrange for them to pick you up if needed. One day, her husband was generous enough to take us one way to the restaurant not far from their home. As a complimentary, Andria also had a basket of yummy Jamaica snacks, and in the refrigerator she had small bottles of cold water, a bottle of cold pepsi, Ting, and a Red Stripe beer. At this point, I knew we were at home.

The bedroom, is straight across as you enter the front door. The guesthouse, I was told is also soundproof. The bedroom also has it's own door with locks for added security/privacy. The bedroom has a a very comfortable Queen size bed, with a nightstand and lamp nested on both sides. In those nightstands you'll find a novel, and the cutest little books to help anyone who's on an extended stay, and not familiar with the Patois dialect. The bedroom also has a tv mounted on the wall, air conditioning and ceiling fan which ever you prefer. The bathroom can be found in the bedroom. There are wash clothes and towels provided if you didn't bring any. But I loved the walk in shower, it was the best part of the bathroom for me.
All in all, Andria had such a beautiful aura. She gave me delicious mangos from her tree, and called and checked on me periodically. I always woke up to a Goodmorning and Goodnight text from her which didn't bother me in the least. It felt like having an auntie checking in.
I come to JA to visit my boyfriend from time to time, and I can honestly say this is the only spot we've rented where I've felt like it was a home away from home.

About the Community:

This gem is located in Barbican in the Acadia residential area of Kingston. The community is suburban, and is guaranteed to feel like home away from home. The neighborhood is so peaceful, and the neighbors are very friendly. We took walks in the evening, and always felt secure; very family-friendly environment. Just a short drive if you get hungry you can take a taxi round trip to to Sugar and Spice for 1,000 JMD. If you're into a Bar & Grill atmosphere there's a Barbican Beach Bar & Grill about 6 miles away. If you want to find more food, and a gaming center for entertainment there's Barbican Centre which is also a 1,000 JMD roundtrip. And if you want to do some shopping with the locals, there's Sovereign Centre Mall, a taxi can also get you there for 1,000 JMD roundtrip. If you get munchie while shopping, there are alot of restaurants located in the food court. Bikkles, is not one of the most attractive ones but that was the main thing that drew me to it. I promise you, if you want the taste of authentic Jamaican food, pass on Island Grill this time and try it out. We had the curry goat with rice and peas. Thank me later.

At the end of my trip Andria invited me to take pictures in her garden, and to come inside her home for a snack and a glass of Sorrel juice before my arranged taxi arrived. Just an FYI, save atleast 6,000 to 7,000 for roundtrip taxi fare to and from the airport if needed. Its going to cost you 3,000 to 3,500 JMD each way. (For me it was 6,000 JMD total). I spent 4 wonderful days at the Ragbeir's abode, I wish I had at last 3 more days added on to my trip. It was well worth it, and I'm glad we chose this place. Andria went above and beyond to check on me from the time I left her home to the time, I arrived back home safely. 5 Star Sellar Service! I promise you won't regret it. To the Ragbeir's if you're reading this, Big Up Yuhself! Again, we are so gracious for your generosity and hospitality. Until we meet again. Nuff Love & Respect.

Carolyn A
“Quiet, Quaint, Comfortable, Warm and Friendly atmosphere.”
Reviewed 18 March 2018 for a stay in February 2018

It was a home away from home. I had to recover from surgery in Kingston away from my family and found that Andrea (my host/owner) was very understand of my need for peace and quite. I found the condo full of amenities that made my stay comfortable. Wi Fi (internet), cable Tv, and a kitchen full of cooking utensils for all my cooking needs. I booked to stay 8 nights and extended my stay by 2 nights for a total of 10 night. It felt like my home away from home.

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Nakeisha...
“Barbicans' Best.”
Reviewed 10 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017

Fisrt i must say. Andrea is a wonderful host. The location is great, very near to everything. Restaurant, shops, night life. The accommodation was super exquisite. Andrea thinks outside the box and we felt like her place was just an extention of our home. The yard was beautifully kept and most importantly we felt safe. She had snacks i had not eaten in years, bottled water, soda even a cool red stripe beer. We had everything to our comfort, stove, refrigerator, televisions in the bedroom n sitting area, air condition and hot water. Long when left Andrea she called to wish us happy new year. That was really thoughtful Andrea. My husband and i enjoyed being at your rental. It exceeds our expectations,the picutures did no justice on trip advisor. We would definitely recommend it and come back again. Thanks Andrea and Family.

dikiegurl
Central Florida, Florida
“AWESOME STAY”
Reviewed 3 November 2017 for a stay in October 2017

I had the pleasure of staying at Andria's abode. It was a very pleasant stay. The place is well kept. Smells good. All the necessary amenities are provided which is very important. Andrea is very pleasant and makes you feel at home. I have done the large hotels but this experience has made me think this is going to be my new spot in kingston. Everything is close by supermarket,pharmacy etc..I highly recommend this dwelling. Will most definitely be returning soon. Thank you.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing