US$ 199
US$ 48
US$ 110
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 January 2014

The purpose of our stay in Kingston was for my wife's Immigrant Visa appointment at the U.S Embassy. We booked a three night stay in a studio apartment at Chelsea Manor. From the very first e-mail contact with Mr Crafton Williams, we were treated with absolute professionalism and a genuine sense of his personal interest in our needs. My wife flew in from Montego Bay and I came from New Orleans via Miami. Our flights arrived within minutes of each other, but I was a bit delayed with the Customs processing. I was extremely relieved as I exited the terminal and discovered that Mr Williams had already collected my wife and was posted in easy view. Enroute to the property, he engaged the both of us in an effort to determine any needs we may not have anticipated. Mr Williams even deviated from the direct route to give us a lay-of-the-land tour of our environment, pointing out nearby restaurants, banks, shopping areas, and especially the supermarket. We were introduced to our apartment and thoroughly briefed on the available amenities, which included a fully equipped kitchenette, cable TV, air conditioning, and even additional fans if you felt the need for them. I was impressed with the overall cleanliness of the apartment, the grounds, and the friendly greeting from the guard at the front gate. As we settled in, Mr Williams asked if there was anything else he could do to make our stay more comfortable. When we mentioned walking to the supermarket to shop for groceries, he immediately offered to drive us there, despite our having paid only for our airport transfers and embassy runs. He also offered to wait for us, but I couldn't have him twiddling his thumbs in the parking lot while we're inside squeezing the melons! The walk back to Chelsea Manor was quite pleasant and revved up our appetites for the dinner we'd chosen for ourselves. Everything from that point forward was entirely uneventful, in that there were no loud, unruly guests, which we've experienced in more upscale accommodations. The feel here is that you are staying in a couples and family HOME environment where you have actual full-time neighbors living next to you. This couldn't have been a more perfect setting for my wife and I to fully prepare her for the nerve-wracking final interview at the embassy after our year-long ordeal of the visa process. Mr Williams was most prompt for our VERY early morning pick-up, and gently reassured my wife that she would ace her interview. She DID, and we elatedly called for our ride back; he was there so quickly, it felt like he'd been on stand-by exclusively at our disposal. We had a short walk to dine out for our final evening, and spent our remaining time in relaxing comfort. Our check-out time was graciously extended in allowance for our departing flight times, and Mr Williams appeared at the precise moment we had requested for our return to the airport. The one issue we had during our stay was a stuck sink stopper which was promptly repaired by their on-site maintenance man. When my wife expressed her dismay over the embassy retaining her passport, and the possibility that she would not be allowed to board her flight without it, Mr Williams did not hesitate to offer to wait (without additional charge) for her to make a confirmation. Beyond that, he assured us that he would bring her to the ground transport that would get her back home; again, with no additional charge. Thankfully, none of that proved necessary, and she had no problem with boarding. In summary, our stay at Chelsea Manor was as homey as one could possibly imagine. All the while, you have your favorite uncle only a phone call away to offer his unquestioningly sincere assistance in meeting whatever need arises. Thank you, and your staff, Mr Williams, and may God Bless you all!

David and Marshallee Zullo

Room Tip: The unit we stayed in was on the 3rd floor with no elevator, which we didn't mind at all. Make sure you mention if you have any infirmities that need to be considered.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank David Z
Reviewed 1 October 2013

During our 2weeks trip in kingston, we can always had a peace of mind here.

I deeply appreciate for Mr. Williams' hospitality.
He kept us safe,and gave great services.
I won't forget the night that we had a dinner party with him & some Japanese friends!

Aboslutely I recommend it n we'll take room again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Yacheemi
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I stayed in Kingston for 1 week and had a very comfortable stay in the appartment building of Mr Williams located at Chelsea Avenue. The appartment was very luxury, clean, and in a quiet neighbourhood. I also appreciated the hospitality of Mr Williams to assure that my 1 week stay in Kingston would be a nice one. From the first day I had trust that I could contact him for any information I would need.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Liesbeth22
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I made contact with Mr. Crafton Williams over the telephone based on the reviews I read. I originally desired to stay in a hotel however made a change and was graciously handled and collected from the airport by Mr. Williams. From the first greeting, he was courteous and professional.
En route he gave me some historial insight about Kingston as we passed some points of interest.
On arrival at the Chelsea Avenue Apts, the rooms were spotless and everything in order. The full bathroom was stocked with bath linens and necessities and had a full pressure shower with optional heated water. The kitchenette was equipped with all the appliances (new) appropriate for my needs - stove/oven combo, full fridge/freezer combo, microwave, kettle and toaster. There was also a comfortable sofa.
The hallway storage closet was amply large enough for my clothes, etc as well as the new drawers located in the bedroom.It also housed an ironing board/iron, broom, etc.
The bedroom was furnished with new items including a large flatscreen tv and full bed with a security light and little balcony outside. The air conditioning apply cooled the entire unit if needed and so did the ceiling fan.
On testing one of the light switches, it did not come on. Immediately, Mr. Williams had a repairman come in and fix the problem.
I was also taken to the supermarket to pick up supplies and brought back to the apartment.
As I was already familiar with the area, it was relatively easy for me to walk to the nearby shops, food places, taxis, foreign money exchange centres (Cambio) and I also went to the movies.
I only recall contacting Mr. Williams for a moment when there was no electricity when I returned one day. It was immediately restored. I enjoyed my apartment so much that I extended my stay twice.
My only regret was that there was no internet available and no screens on the bedroom windows to keep out the insects.
I truly enjoyed my time at Chelsea Avenue Apts. The security, staff and other tenants I met were friendly and no bother.
I would highly suggest this location to anyone who doesn't mind doing a little cooking and cleaning up after themselves. You could also visit nearby restaurants for breakfast to supper. A nearby gas station also sold staples. It was a home away from home.
Wishing Mr. Williams continued success - I will be back!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Linda T
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Mr. Crafton Williams was a gracious and professional host when I visited his guest house on Chelsea Avenue in Kingston on a recent business trip. I had not stayed before in guest house accomodations; however, on my last trip every hotel in New Kingston was booked with cricket match fans. Upon looking deeper for accomodations, I was impressed by the consistent good reviews for Mr. William's properties. So I contacted him, and from start to finish received prompt and thorough attention. Mr. Williams arranged for me to stay in a studio condo for 2 nights and everything was smooth - pickup at the airport, accomodations in the room such as air conditioning and cable tv, feeling of peace and security in the room, and ready transportation back to the airport for my departure. Furthermore, Mr. Williams was genuinely interested and responsive about my general needs of the trip. I will stay in his properties on future trips.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business