Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
TripadvisorUS$ 110
ZenHotels.com
eDreamsUS$ 110
Priceline
Agoda.comUS$ 110
All reviews panoramic view airport pickup day tour awesome hotel lobster comfortable rooms hill overlooking fresh fruit brenda habitation city driver cap palace hilltop
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 February 2020

This hotel manages the clever trick of being right on the edge of Cap-Haitien and so an easy walk into town, and yet a world away at the same time. It achieves this through its position on a hillside overlooking the town which has the added benefit of great views out over the town to the sea. A variety of rooms are available from basic but clean and perfectly adequate to rooms at the front of the hotel with balconies overlooking the view described above. The hill behind the hotel which forms part of its grounds has trails and viewpoints should you have a little time and energy to spare. Staff were professional and helpful at all times. One last point: The position of the hill means that you really need a four wheel drive car to access it. In addition, while I'm sure most of the local taxi drivers are trust worthy, Haiti has its problems and this doesn't apply to all of the drivers. I had problems with a taxi driver I had booked independently demanding extra payment part way through the trip. Hence I strongly recommend you arrange your airport pick up and any other trips through the hotel who have a list of drivers they work with on a regular basis. Do that and you should have a stay that is memorable for all the right reasons.

Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank PatrickR832
Management response:Responded 22 February 2020

Dear Patrick, thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. We are happy you enjoyed the premises, the hiking trails are a most if you like to walk a little. We are glad you mentioned about the taxi experience, we can always assist with transportation to the hotel with reliable and trusted drivers. We hope to see you again !

Reviewed 2 January 2020 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for my visit in Cap-Haïtien during my Christmas break in Haiti. The location is magnificent. I love everything about this place and the staff there is great as well. It’s located on the mountain which makes it a bit hard to get in the hotel, afterwards, I totally recommend this place to anyone who travels to Cap-Haïtien. If you are a nature lover, this place is for you. They have hiking trails in the mountain so you can go for a good walk in the morning with the view of the city. They also have service to the tourists attractions and airport pickup service, you’ll have to pay for it off course. Great place
The restaurant is located near the “Le Boulevard “ as well.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank paunisep
habitationdeslauries, General Manager at Habitation des Lauriers, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2020

We thank you very much for your review, and take this opportunity to wish you all the best for 2020 !

Reviewed 26 December 2019 via mobile

Yes, I was happy to choose and come stay here.
Met at the airport, passing through the bedlam of traffic and people downtown, you arrive at the hotel balcony with the panoramic view of it all, and relax.
Comfortable rooms, gracious staff and a real welcome from the family owners, with attentive help when needed.
A day tour to the Citadelle and Palace is a must and easily arranged with excellent local tourism guides, speaking good English and French.
Breakfast options to satify all inc fresh fruit.
Lunch, snacks or dinner is carefully made and served, good fish and chunky lobsters plus other creole dishes, each one i had, delicious, and sensibly priced.
Yup.
I would recommend this Habitation de Lauriers.
Philip

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank EarthWorldtraveller

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay with us, we are happy you appreciate our efforts to make our guests feel at home. We take this opportunity to wish you a Happy New Year !

Reviewed 26 June 2019

We stayed in room number 9 with a nice balcony and a great view of the city. James, the owner, had arranged for a taxi pickup at the airport, something greatly appreciated in in a confusing and chaotic airport environment. We had requested and early check in (approximately 11:00 AM) and that too was cheerfully granted. These two "little" things mean a lot to weary travelers.

The breakfast was excellent and freshly prepared, consisting of coffee, juice, fresh fruit, omelette, and toast. Later, we had their spaghetti, and honestly, it was better than any I've had anywhere around the world. So good in fact, we had it on our second day. The wait staff was attentive and knew how to do their jobs.

As mentioned by other reviewers, James and his father Lesley were wonderful to chat with and so helpful in every way. They provided insight and understanding to all things Haitian that I could not have gotten elsewhere. Thank you both.

Room tip: If your budget allows, take a room with a balcony. You'll be happy you did.
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank jeichiman
Reviewed 25 May 2019

My friend and I recently stayed with at Habitation des Lauriers and had a wonderful experience! The owner, James, was incredibly helpful and personable. All of the staff were friendly and helpful as well, especially as I had lost my phone on the bus to Cap. They went out of their way to make sure I found a reliable moto to go purchase another phone and sim card. We stayed in one of the eco-rooms, but it was comfortable, cool, and had a lovely breakfast view! Breakfast was served quickly and was a beautiful spread including Haitian coffee, juice, and fruit. I can't wait to stay again!

Date of stay: May 2019