Le Relais du Moulin(Sainte-Anne)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$ 185
US$ 180
US$ 122
Agoda.com
La Canne a Sucre(Sainte-Anne)
  • Pool
Casa Boubou(Sainte-Anne)
Agoda.com
Be On The Beach(Sainte-Anne)
TripAdvisor
1,017 results
All reviewspool baroverlooking the oceanfour starthe cliffsmall thingssteep walkspa treatmentsluxury hotelbeach areaincredible viewsbeach furniturei highly recommend this hoteltropical paradisefrench winebottled waterwelcome drinkrenting a car
Reviewed 21 December 2010

Le Toubana is a typical French orientated hotel, not to big so it could have a personal touch. The first thing what catches the eye is the wonderful pool + view. There are not a lot of beach chairs available, so if you come later in the day, you might to sit at a table..
There is a private beach but it is quite a steep walk down and off course up again...
During our stay, some were modifications being made at the beach facilities but I'm sure that they are well finished by now and that the result is very nice
The food is very good; the menu offers a wide range of choices.
Breakfast is basic, e.g. fried eggs are not offered.
We stayed at a bay view suite, where we had a stunning view at the sunset. We had a small garden with 2 beach chairs, with enough privacy. The only pity was that there was a small ugly fence which spoiled the view..
The bed in our nice big room was excellent !!
The town and nice beach of Saint-Anne is close but you will still need a car to get there.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TomGemoets
Reviewed 29 November 2010

We spent three wonderful nights here in November 2010. The cottages are all perched on a cliff overlooking the ocean. Our cottage had a large balcony, a kitchen, and a bedroom with large windows overlooking the ocean. Watching the sunsets from the balcony was tremendous. There is a private beach below the cottages -- it is a 5 minute walk down a fairly steep hill. The beach is small and not great for snorkeling, but it is gorgeous and there is a bar/restaurant on the beach. The restaurant and pool is at the top of the cliff, overlooking the ocean. The food was fantastic -- it is not your usual hotel food (and good French wine). And the view is great -- you look out over the pool and the ocean. The management was friendly, but their English is a little limited. Knowing French helps. There is Wifi in the lobby and restaurant. The rooms have TV, but we never used the TV. There is free breakfast which was good -- croissants, yogurt, cereal, etc. The town of Sainte Anne is about 2 km away -- it is not a pleasant walk because the road can be busy. You will probably want to rent a car. There are probably taxis, but I didn't see any.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John_In_Napa
Reviewed 2 October 2010

Me and my boyfriend stayed at Toubana for 3 days and we've enjoyed it very much!!
Not only the magnificent view but also the bungalows and the spectacular pool charmed us!
We stayed in bungalow nr. 2 and we had a beautiful view. The room was clean and tidy. Indeed, there was a sensor of movement in th bahroom and the light stoped every 2 minutes..but it was ok.
Most of the time we stayed at the pool, where you could find everything you needed from water, ice, beer, rhum..and you could really have a great time!
My opinion is that it is a very nice hotel and the bungalows are very good organized but the restaurant, even though it has very good food, is kind of expensive!
After all, we had an excellent time and we recommend this place!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anduta
Reviewed 21 August 2010

This hotel is truly a hidden treasure and I am so glad that we chose this hotel over bigger hotels on the Island.
It is an intimate property which offers individual bungalows as guest rooms. The bungalows are equipped with a king bed, kitchenette and a reasonably European styled bathroom with bath and a shower attachment.
The service was laid back but efficient. I needed and iron for my clothes and I got it two minutes after I called the front office. We are English speakers and there was always someone available who spoke English.
The beach at la Toubana appeared to be man made but the water was clear with a lot of small fish present. We really enjoyed it.
St. Anne town is a short drive away(we rented a vehicle) and we enjoyed going there for the Friday and Saturday night street party. We went back there for lunch on Sunday too.

Overall the pictures of La Toubana are beautiful but the actual resort is ten times more beautiful than the picture. We will definitely return to La Toubana.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BobCarrie
Reviewed 11 June 2010

We went there on a last minute week redeemed from Great Vacations Club for May 22-29. We had used 5 of our weeks with absolutely no issues previously in Hawaii, Tenerife, Cancun, St Martin and Barbados. We sent an email confirmation prior to our arrival, checked in and showed to our bungalow (#32), worse of the lot,with overgrown grass and shoddy leaky thatched roof and our lawn chairs left out on the grass looking dirty and wet. On our 5th night there, we were told by mgmt that there was a problem, that they have never heard of GVC, have never received a confirmation from GVC that we were coming and only had our email to say that we were booked at the hotel and that we had to foot the bill and then clear it with GVC. We were astounded. Who waits that long to tell you that there is a problem with your reservation? When I asked why it took them so long to make me aware of this, they said that it was holiday in France and that they have been working on it and did not get any answer until then. I spent a frantic few hours sending emails to friends in Canada to get GVC to contact the hotel asap to sort this out as La Toubana offered no help whatsoever other than I was on the hook for the bill of 150 euros/night. I showed them my website and showed them everything, how I go about booking vacation spots etc and even showed them their hotel (La Toubana) listed on it available for the next week. It didn't matter, the problem was mine only to fix. I am not sure what happened but the next morning when I could not use their phone inthe room to phone out as it was not working at all not even to call locally, they told me the problem has been fixed and not to worry. No apology for putting me through all the stress that night.

To make matters worse, they made their kitchen staff tell us on Friday morning, the day before we left, that we were now only on the hook for their breakfast at 20 euros per person/day (we were travelling with our 9 and 14 yr old girls) since we were "timeshare" after we have been told it was included on the first day. When I talked to management, they tried to give us a "break" at 10 euros per person/day. I made a deal to pay them an amount for the week. We settled the bill the next morning and asked if that included breakfast for that day (our last day there, a Sat), the snotty lady at the reception said yes twice, once to me and once to my husband. However, we sat down no longer than 5 mins with all our food in front of us and again the waitress came and said we had to pay the 20 euros per person/day. That was the last straw..........We were treated like we were unwanted there and taking advantage of them. Trust me, we paid enough money upfront when we bought our vacation package. Management dropped the ball and never once apologized to us for any of it. Guadeloupe is a beautiful place but this hotel ruined it for us in how they dealt with us....and basically ruined our whole experience. Shame on them. They seem to deal with french nationals primarily and were ill prepared to deal with us. I have sent them an email complaint letter and to this date, they have not bothered to respond.

Oh BTW if you go ahead anyway and stay there, their kitchen is a joke. You can't cook at all there. No stove, no proper cutlery, not even a proper knife, no dish soap or dish rag or cloth to clean the counter. There is also no place to hang towels etc and we could not leave them outside on the patio as our thatched roof was leaky and everything would get soaked in the morning when it rains.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank Highspirit88
TOUB971, Manager at La Toubana Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2010

sorry for this mistake but RCI never send us your reservation.we wait 4 days before we had the confirmation by RCI and we made you a refund for the breakfast that you thought it was included with time share,and you paid what you decided.I am very sorry for the trouble.